Why does my Xbox One shut off when I plug my HDMI Cable in

Discus and support Why does my Xbox One shut off when I plug my HDMI Cable in in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Why does my Xbox One shut off every time I plug my HDMI cable in 8fd872f6-5141-4a47-b5e9-f9d0c883290e Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by jason weddington, Jun 17, 2023.

1. Why does my Xbox One shut off when I plug my HDMI Cable in

Why does my Xbox One shut off every time I plug my HDMI cable in

:)

jason weddington, Jun 17, 2023
  2. AquarrzSudnnym Win User

Xbox1s's keep breaking!!!! Defect or!??

"Hdmi cord shuts system off when plugged in "

"A month later my other xbox does the same thing plug the hdmi in and shuts off"

The console should be completely powered off when setting up or connecting the HDMI cable.

Once physical setup is complete, Turn on the TV, AVR if using, then turn on console last of all.
  3. Just a Volunteer Win User

Don't connect or disconnect cables while the console is on. You could spike the console with static and the console will need repairing.
  4. CyFrankhouser Win User

Xbox One X - Sound Issues

UPDATE WITH RESOLUTION!!!!

In my frustration I gave up troubleshooting after everything I had done and began typing this question. My wife wanted to attempt to fix it so she watched a YouTube video instructing her on how to completely power off the Xbox by holding the power button. Once it was shut down, She checked the back of the Xbox. To preface this:

I had the Xbox plugged into the TV with an HDMI cable and plugged into the wall with the power cable. There was a different HDMI cable that i had used for testing laying next to the Xbox that was connected to the TV as well. My Wife unplugged the HDMI cable from the "To TV" Port and plugged that same cable into the other HDMI port on the Xbox. She then plugged the other HDMI cable that was laying next to it into the Xbox's main HDMI port (To clarify there are now two HDMI cables plugged into the Xbox). Then she unplugged the power cable (with the Xbox already off completely), plugged it back in, and powered on the console. When it powered on it was magically working fine again, and continued to work fine when I unplugged the secondary HDMI cable from the port that leads to a cable service. I had already tested this theory with both cables and multiple ports, and the only thing she did that i had not tried was plugging an HDMI cable into that second HDMI port. My only thought is that something was stuck software wise on the HDMI chip and "activating" that second port kicked it back in. I have a degree in IT with 3+ years of job experience and I have no clue what could have caused that, but if any Xbox Technicians see this post I would be very interested to here any possible ideas as to what would have caused it.
  5. FelipeAF Win User

Green Screen on OneGuide

I'm with the same problem. For me, when i plug the hdmi input from my xbox on my cable TV set-top, the tv works, but in a green image (i can see the image in different green tones, audio works).

But plug my cable TV set-top directly to tv (same cable, same hdmi port), it works fine, i don't have this issue.

If i plug my computer instead tv on xbox hdmi input, (same cable), works fine too!

So, my hdmi cable seems works fine, my cable tv set-top seems works fine, my hdmi cable seems works fine, the hdmi input port from xbox seems works fine, but this specific configuration, de cable tv device plugged on xbox, does not work!!!
  6. xXII Foxy IIXx Win User

xbox 360 slim keeps turning off.

Ok i tried you idea and it works. when i had the color cable it did not turn off on me but when i went to put back on the HDMI cable it would turn off on me. why do you think it does that and how can i fix this issue so i can keep using my HDMI (it does
    not look good with the color cables lol)
Thema:

1. Why does my Xbox One shut off when I plug my HDMI Cable in - Similar Threads - Why does shut

2. Why does my controller blink twice and then shut off?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my controller blink twice and then shut off?: For the past several hours, my controller has been flashing twice, and then powering itself off—only to do it again a few seconds later. This problem started earlier when the batteries in my...
  3. Why does my xbox series x shut down everytime I try to play the matrix demo .

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my xbox series x shut down everytime I try to play the matrix demo .: Why..... is the question ... what is real how do you define real...(that's where is shuts off haha) Everytime i try to play the matrix demo my console shuts down there's a green screen for a split...
  4. Why does the Xbox series X lose WiFi connection capability when the console power shuts off?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why does the Xbox series X lose WiFi connection capability when the console power shuts off?: Hello, I bought the series X last week and I have had constant issues with Xbox not connecting to the WiFi, after it was set up, when I start the system. Absolutely nothing changes. The system...
  5. Why does my Xbox Series S keep shutting off while trying to play 2k24?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why does my Xbox Series S keep shutting off while trying to play 2k24?: My Xbox series S has been shutting off every time I try to play NBA 2K24 but It lets me play any other game like GTA 3 or Starfield with no problem. It will let me play one game in MyCareer then...
  6. Why does pressing R3 to the upper left on Xbox Elite Series 2 shut down the controller?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does pressing R3 to the upper left on Xbox Elite Series 2 shut down the controller?: Yesterday I played some Halo Infinite Matches and noticed that my controller turned itself off. First I thought it was the battery so i charged it and today I recognized the issue occurs when I...
  7. Why does my suzuka 980 steering wheel shut down my remote every time it connects

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my suzuka 980 steering wheel shut down my remote every time it connects: Every time I hook up my suzuka steering wheel 98 it shuts my remote down and it says my controller came disconnected what do I do 6343fcbb-3c2f-4493-a597-8d5c086fe4bf
  8. Why does my Xbox series x keep shutting down while playing or a game crashes

in XBoX on Windows
    Why does my Xbox series x keep shutting down while playing or a game crashes: Hi my Xbox keeps shutting down or turning it's self off ff6b2faa-6d10-4536-8e47-2c12bdfbce48
  9. Why does my console shut off to a snow screen or go to dashboard on wz fortnight any game...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my console shut off to a snow screen or go to dashboard on wz fortnight any game...: Series s shuts down in cod wz either freezes on a snowy screen or sends me back to dash board 4ef8c9a0-d579-437a-a556-e4f873a2669d
  10. Why does my Xbox witless elite 2 keep vibrating then shutting off then coming back on then...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my Xbox witless elite 2 keep vibrating then shutting off then coming back on then...: had the controller for about 5 months not. Never had any issues then the other night it just started bring up the task bar menu. Then would bring up the “turn off console turn off controller or...