Why does my Xbox one power brick randomly power off when I'm in games like Fortnite but not...

Discus and support Why does my Xbox one power brick randomly power off when I'm in games like Fortnite but not... in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Sometimes the power supply randomly shuts off. Then I plug it out for 10 seconds it comes back on, no light flashes it's just the usual orange and... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Steph Lenihan, Jul 30, 2023.

1. Why does my Xbox one power brick randomly power off when I'm in games like Fortnite but not...

Sometimes the power supply randomly shuts off. Then I plug it out for 10 seconds it comes back on, no light flashes it's just the usual orange and white light I'm confused why this happens and why only when I play certain games, sometimes I can't even load into them without it shutting off by itself not to mention I am barely on my Xbox maybe for like 2hrs a day i don't know why it's happening

:)

Steph Lenihan, Jul 30, 2023
  2. Janet_C Win User

Why does my Xbox one power brick randomly power off when I'm in games like Fortnite but not in certain games?

Hello!

Hope you are well. I'll be glad to help you, just remember that you're not talking to a Microsoft employee.

This could indicate a problem with the device, try the steps in this link to reset the power supply.

https://support.xbox.com/help/hardware-network/...

Also check to see if the same thing happens when you plug it into another outlet in your home.

If the problem continues, you will need to seek local technical support, Microsoft no longer offers repair services for Xbox One consoles or power supplies,

Best regards.
  3. Malacath Win User

Power supply buzzing noise

My power brick does it.

My friends power brick has started doing it too.

As my console is in my bedroom I don't use instant on because of the noise. When the room is silent the fan can be annoying.

I don't think it can be fixed by a dashboard update as i'm not sure if the console could actually control the fan in the power brick.

If you bought your console from a proper store not an online one and it's still under warranty you could try getting your console exchanged for a new one and hope the power brick is quieter on that one.

Sending the power brick off to MS though just seems a lot of hassle which is why I use energy saving mode instead of getting it fixed.
  4. RaffardTheWhite Win User

Xbox one's power brick stays on in power saving mode

Hey there .

If you wait, does it eventually change colors? Also, when you power your Xbox One, does it power on instantly or does it power on like it did previously with power saving mode?
    Hey and thanks for the answer.

After turning Xbox off, power brick's light stays white whole time. When I turn console on again it starts quickly, just autologging into my account.
  5. Beach516 Win User

Xbox One not turning on at all

I plug the power brick into any outlet first it is orange and then when I plug it into my xbox one it turns off immediately. I received my replacement xbox and that does not work, I am having the same issue. I will now be sending in my power brick.
  6. ThisGameIsSucky Win User

My Xbox 360 shut down mid-game and wont turn back on

It is most likely the power brick. It doesn't necessarily have to be a heat problem if it doesn't feel hot. If you hear it churning and whirring to its heart's content then that's a sign of power failure/fan failure. The fan's should never be going "full
    blast" unless something was installing that was off a disc or a really big install on the 360. Its not unusual but is a little uncommon for he fans to poop-out like that. My 360 use to due the same thing and when I bought a new power brick from like GameStop,
    it stopped sounding atrocious and stopped randomly shutting off.

New power bricks are cheap. Xbox doesn't do servicing on the Xbox 360 anymore. So that may be a telltale sign to upgrade to a One if you haven't yet.
Thema:

Why does my Xbox one power brick randomly power off when I'm in games like Fortnite but not...

1. Why does my Xbox one power brick randomly power off when I'm in games like Fortnite but not... - Similar Threads - Why does power

2. why does my account keeps sign out on its own when i try to log in

in XBoX on Windows
    why does my account keeps sign out on its own when i try to log in: Why does everytime i try to log onto my xbox account on xbox.com and i put my password it says hang on a moment while we sign in and it wont let me sign in please im desperate i talked to support...
  3. Why does my Xbox say I'm in game chat when I'm in party chat

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why does my Xbox say I'm in game chat when I'm in party chat: It all started today, I was gonna play L4D2 with my friends when I couldn't hear anyone, my pfp in the party was dark and I couldn't hear anybody. Can someone help please?...
  4. why does my xbox series show no wireless network and say that there is a problem with the...

in XBoX on Consoles
    why does my xbox series show no wireless network and say that there is a problem with the...: a moment I reset my xbox and when it said to connect to a wireless network nothing was displayed so I tried to connect it via an ethernet cable it worked but when updating the xbox so that it is...
  5. Why does my Xbox profile have to suck now?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my Xbox profile have to suck now?: My avatar hasn't displayed on my profile for months. Xbox changed the way they store items you had in your activity feed as a money grab to get PC users to buy into their Office products,...
  6. Why does the standalone Xbox program keep telling me I need Xbox Game Bar just for voice chat?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why does the standalone Xbox program keep telling me I need Xbox Game Bar just for voice chat?: In attempting to play with Xbox-owning friends, I thought Microsoft would have had a simple, streamlined program for voice chat between P.C. and Xbox users. It doesn't seem like that's the case....
  7. why does my xbox gamepass subscription say its active even tho it expired a day ago and...

in XboX Insiders
    why does my xbox gamepass subscription say its active even tho it expired a day ago and...: i tried to redeem a code but it said i have to eait til my gamepass expires submitted by /u/Willing-Gas-9895 [link] [comments]
  8. Why does the Xbox series X lose WiFi connection capability when the console power shuts off?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why does the Xbox series X lose WiFi connection capability when the console power shuts off?: Hello, I bought the series X last week and I have had constant issues with Xbox not connecting to the WiFi, after it was set up, when I start the system. Absolutely nothing changes. The system...
  9. Why does my Xbox one make a sound but doesn’t power up

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my Xbox one make a sound but doesn’t power up: Why does my Xbox make a noise but not power up 35ad5878-5101-414d-a890-e2401c080513
  10. Why does my Xbox 360 E power supply immediately turn from orange to green back to orange...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my Xbox 360 E power supply immediately turn from orange to green back to orange...: Well my Xbox 360 power button flashed for 2 seconds or more after turn on but the console immediately shuts down even when plugged intp the wall socket And no, my wall socket has no issues....