Why does my Xbox one make a sound but doesn’t power up

Discus and support Why does my Xbox one make a sound but doesn’t power up in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Why does my Xbox make a noise but not power up 35ad5878-5101-414d-a890-e2401c080513 Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Iphone 13, Oct 8, 2023.

1. Iphone 13
    Iphone 13 Guest

Why does my Xbox make a noise but not power up

:)

Iphone 13, Oct 8, 2023
  2. The_Last_DJ Win User

Hello Iphone! I'm Kris and I'd be happy to help you with your question.

Sorry to hear you have this issue. Does it light up at all? Have you tried a full power cycle?
  3. vikingland1 Win User

Xbox one power brick and cord/thrid party

Why did you pay for an Xbox One with out a power source? How much does one pay for a non working console? The whole thing sounds fishy to me.
  4. CaRailRoadDude Win User

Xbox One Netzteil macht Geräusche

Translated-

Is it normal for my Xbox One Power Supply to be making noises? The one from my 360 makes no sound.
  5. tandaman008 Win User

Xbox one making weird noise

The fan theory does make sense. But this does not sound like a noise a fan would make. It's more of a electrical buzz or whine if that makes any sense. Kind of like a old computer would sound when it was writing stuff on to the hard drive but just a bit
    more intense and high pitched.

I was reading up on some forums and it seems that a lot of people have had this same issue specifically with kinect less versions of xbox one. It's supposedly the gpu making the noise when it's at a low power state and it seems many Xbox ones are affected.
  6. Portpath90 Win User

How to: Provide Feedback for Forums.Xbox.com

My xbox one makes sound but it won't turn on after a power outage
Thema:

1. Why does my Xbox one make a sound but doesn’t power up - Similar Threads - Why does sound

2. why does my account keeps sign out on its own when i try to log in

in XBoX on Windows
    why does my account keeps sign out on its own when i try to log in: Why does everytime i try to log onto my xbox account on xbox.com and i put my password it says hang on a moment while we sign in and it wont let me sign in please im desperate i talked to support...
  3. Why does my Xbox say I'm in game chat when I'm in party chat

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why does my Xbox say I'm in game chat when I'm in party chat: It all started today, I was gonna play L4D2 with my friends when I couldn't hear anyone, my pfp in the party was dark and I couldn't hear anybody. Can someone help please?...
  4. why does my xbox series show no wireless network and say that there is a problem with the...

in XBoX on Consoles
    why does my xbox series show no wireless network and say that there is a problem with the...: a moment I reset my xbox and when it said to connect to a wireless network nothing was displayed so I tried to connect it via an ethernet cable it worked but when updating the xbox so that it is...
  5. Why does my Xbox profile have to suck now?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my Xbox profile have to suck now?: My avatar hasn't displayed on my profile for months. Xbox changed the way they store items you had in your activity feed as a money grab to get PC users to buy into their Office products,...
  6. Why does the standalone Xbox program keep telling me I need Xbox Game Bar just for voice chat?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why does the standalone Xbox program keep telling me I need Xbox Game Bar just for voice chat?: In attempting to play with Xbox-owning friends, I thought Microsoft would have had a simple, streamlined program for voice chat between P.C. and Xbox users. It doesn't seem like that's the case....
  7. Why does sound only come from one external speaker when using the optical output?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does sound only come from one external speaker when using the optical output?: I have a pair of speakers plugged into my Xbox One S using the optical port and sound only comes out one side. I’ve already verified that both speakers do work. I’ve tried changing a few settings...
  8. Why does my Xbox game chat work but no game audio or sounds

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my Xbox game chat work but no game audio or sounds: I just got the Astro A10 headset and have tried every way I could possibly find and think of. I just then managed to get the mic to work when spoken into and can hear other people in the Xbox...
  9. Why does my Minecraft (Win10) have no sound?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why does my Minecraft (Win10) have no sound?: After updating the game Minecraft a few days ago on my WIndows 10 PC, I found that the game will not play music or sound when it should. I have already tried restarting the game several times,...
  10. Why does my game audio sound bad when in a party?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why does my game audio sound bad when in a party?: Every time I join a Xbox party on my pc it makes my game audio sound distorted and choppy. I first ran into this problem on Fortnite, when I joined my friends Xbox party it completely switched up...