Why does my Xbox one controller not get recognized on pc.

Discus and support Why does my Xbox one controller not get recognized on pc. in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; Ive tried updating drivers, Ive removed hidden devices, and ive also gotten new controllers and there not the problem. I need help.... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Katia Inacio, Nov 7, 2023.

1. Katia Inacio
    Katia Inacio Guest

Ive tried updating drivers, Ive removed hidden devices, and ive also gotten new controllers and there not the problem. I need help.

:)

Katia Inacio, Nov 7, 2023
  2. David Wirsching Win User

Hello Katia I, My name is David. I am an independent advisor, happy to help you today.

I understand that you are having problems with your Xbox One controller on your PC. Here are some solutions you could try:

In Device Manager, right-click the Microsoft Xbox One Controller and select Update Controller Software. Click Browse my computer for driver software. Click Let me choose from a list of device drivers on my computer. Select Microsoft Xbox One Controller and then click the Next button.

Load device manager on your computer and click the view menu, then click show hidden devices. Check all the device options and see if it is listed, if so then remove that device and restart your computer to see if it is detected again.

Unpair (or disconnect) the Xbox controller from the system and restart the system. Upon restart, re-pair (or connect) the controller with the system and check if the Xbox controller is working properly.

Maybe it's the cable you're using. It could be that USB 2.0 or 3.0 cables are not compatible with Xbox One controllers on Windows 10. The cable the controller comes with is probably a 2.0 cable. These are made just to power the controller, not actually connect it to the computer. Try switching to a new cable and see if that fixes it!

If the reply was helpful, please don't forget to upvote or accept as an answer, thank you

Best regards.
  3. XBF Javier R Win User

Problema de Conectividad Control Elite Xbox (Connectivity Problem Control Elite Xbox)

Hello again Rodrigo,

Have you by any chance attempted to connect the controller directly to the PC through a wired connection?

As well, you have mentioned that the controller that came with the Xbox One console is recognized on the PC, but that the elite controller is not recognized at all on the PC. This same elite controller, does it have any issues with connecting to the Xbox
    One console?

Clarify this information and we'll await your reply.

Best wishes!
  4. MPJSport Win User

Error updating xbox one controller EN-ES

Hi xbf crystal

my controller is not recognized by windows. I have everything updated, and the bug fixer does not give me any solution. If I go into configuration -> devices -> controller-> controller properties tells me that it is an xbox controller, but the controller
    does not recognize it properly because does not respond and the xbox accessories application does not recognize it either. In configuration -> devices appears as a ''controller'' but without being well installed as it is impossible to use.

In conclusion, my pc knows that I connect to the usb an xbox one controller but does not have the driver or the proper update to use it and my xbox tries to update every time I connect to the console but is frozen at 0% or 100% of the update, never ends.

Thank you for your help!
  5. L4c3rd4 Win User

Xbox Series S Controller won't connect wirelessly to my pc

One thing that could be done also is to try to use a wireless adapter on your PC to see if it does recognize your controller when connected to your PC. But since your PC has bluetooth built in, it should've been recognized without it.
  6. SimeonWillberg Win User

xbox one controller does not respond in games

thanks for your help. It turned out that my PC didnt recognize my controller as a xbox one controller so a delete and readd helped.
Thema:

1. Why does my Xbox one controller not get recognized on pc. - Similar Threads - Why does controller

2. Why does my controller blink twice and then shut off?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my controller blink twice and then shut off?: For the past several hours, my controller has been flashing twice, and then powering itself off—only to do it again a few seconds later. This problem started earlier when the batteries in my...
  3. Why does my controller disconnect when wire is moved up or when it lays on the back

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my controller disconnect when wire is moved up or when it lays on the back: Whenever I move Xbox cable slightly up it automatically disconnects. I’ve tried 4 different cables that work with anything else but with my Xbox series s controller it works until i lay it on its...
  4. Why are the controllers such a scam and does Microsoft plan on fixing them?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why are the controllers such a scam and does Microsoft plan on fixing them?: I have gone through so many Xbox controllers with stick drift it is ridiculous. I purchased the Xbox Series S just to have my controller conveniently get stick drift exactly 1 month after the...
  5. I don't know why my controller does this.

in XBoX on Consoles
    I don't know why my controller does this.: I have an Xbox One with an Xbox One controller, but when I try to use it, it turns my Xbox on but then disconnects. Because of that I have to use it wired. I changed the batteries but that didn't...
  6. Why does my wireless Xbox controller disconnect and reconnect repeatedly on my Chromebook?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my wireless Xbox controller disconnect and reconnect repeatedly on my Chromebook?: So, I recently got a new wireless Xbox controller so I can play Xbox Cloud Gaming when I am not at home. My controller works for all of my compatible devices except my Acer Chromebook (which is...
  7. Why does my Xbox controller keep disconnecting

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my Xbox controller keep disconnecting: Why do my Xbox controllers keep disconnecting on my Xbox one but they work fine on my other Xbox’s? I have disconnected and reconnected the controller and changed the batteries, but the controller...
  8. Why does my elite 2 controller only work when i plug it in.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my elite 2 controller only work when i plug it in.: I have an Elite 2 controller but the xbox button turns on and off. It'll be on for up to 5 seconds but none of the buttons work and it flashes really fast as if it connected but automatically...
  9. Why does my controller keep de-syncing

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my controller keep de-syncing: When I'm playing a game it randomly de-syncs for just a few seconds then starts working again normally. It's a brand new controller from the xbox store and sometimes it will go for hours with no...
  10. Why does the right bumper fail on so many Elite 2 controllers?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does the right bumper fail on so many Elite 2 controllers?: Since customer support was unable to help me I figure I would try here before deciding whether or not to buy anymore Xbox hardware. I've had 2 Xbox elite 2 controllers stop working. Both had the...