Why does my xbox one console keep flickering and making some sort of knocking noise?

Discus and support Why does my xbox one console keep flickering and making some sort of knocking noise? in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; my xbox one keeps making this somewhat knocking noise coming from the console and whenever this knocking noise occurs the xbox turn on button will... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by callum odonovan, Sep 2, 2023.

1. Why does my xbox one console keep flickering and making some sort of knocking noise?

my xbox one keeps making this somewhat knocking noise coming from the console and whenever this knocking noise occurs the xbox turn on button will start flashing constantly this has somewhat worried me as im not sure if i could be damaging the console from playing while it’s happening

:)

callum odonovan, Sep 2, 2023
  2. Tomm_A Win User

Why does my xbox one console keep flickering and making some sort of knocking noise?

3. Tomm_A Win User

Hello callum odonovan,

Greetings!

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

Based on the description, you are experiencing strange noise coming from your Xbox One console and will make the power button flashing. Let us check and see on what we can do to help resolve your concern in a timely manner.

We would like to ask few questions to help us isolate the issue further.

1. When did the issue start? Is this happening after installing updates?

2. Is this happening when playing games or during startup? If happening when playing games, is it specific game or to all games?

3. What troubleshooting steps have you done so far.

For the meantime, you can try restart or power cycle your Xbox Console. See: Reset your Xbox One power supply unit | Xbox Support

We look forward to your response. Kindly let us know, if there is any misunderstanding or clarifications of our description by sending us a reply.

Sincerely,

4. eviltedi Win User

Installing Games to the Hard Drive

[quote user="Joeyd718"]

my god why does everyone freak out over the noise of a disk spinning, its bound to make some noise the Xbox is great but nothing is made perfect, even after you install the game, it still has to spin the disk to identify it, and the noise when you power
    it down is likely the fans shifting into over drive to cool the system down, make sure it is in a open well ventilated area, and that the fans are free of dust.

[/quote]

Because. if the OPs' console was like my old one it would shudder on occasion when the disc was spinning, it freaked me out the first time it happened and if it had not been for a post on here I would have been concerned a lot longer that I was, yes all
    discs make some noise when spinning but some consoles go the extra mile for some reason.
  5. P33R00 Win User

Xbox one screen flickering black

Help[quote user="xZasshuken"]

My xbox one makes my tv flicker black non-stop when i open games and apps. I switched HDMI cords to see if it was the issue and it still flickers. It's not the tv either cause i've tried a separate xbox one and no issues. I need to know the issue here with
    the xbox that keeps making the screen flicker black. I did the hard reset with holding the power button down and it didnt fix it.

[/quote][quote user="xZasshuken"]

My xbox one makes my tv flicker black non-stop when i open games and apps. I switched HDMI cords to see if it was the issue and it still flickers. It's not the tv either cause i've tried a separate xbox one and no issues. I need to know the issue here with
    the xbox that keeps making the screen flicker black. I did the hard reset with holding the power button down and it didnt fix it.

[/quote]
  6. Joeyd718 Win User

Installing Games to the Hard Drive

[quote user="eviltedi"]

[quote user=""]

my god why does everyone freak out over the noise of a disk spinning, its bound to make some noise the Xbox is great but nothing is made perfect, even after you install the game, it still has to spin the disk to identify it, and the noise when you power
    it down is likely the fans shifting into over drive to cool the system down, make sure it is in a open well ventilated area, and that the fans are free of dust.

[/quote]

Because. if the OPs' console was like my old one it would shudder on occasion when the disc was spinning, it freaked me out the first time it happened and if it had not been for a post on here I would have been concerned a lot longer that I was, yes all
    discs make some noise when spinning but some consoles go the extra mile for some reason.

[/quote]yes well it was a newer one because he said it was a slim
Thema:

1. Why does my xbox one console keep flickering and making some sort of knocking noise? - Similar Threads - Why does console

2. Why does my Xbox look like this? Changed hdmi ports on the TV, hard restarted the console,...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my Xbox look like this? Changed hdmi ports on the TV, hard restarted the console,...: [img] here is a photo of what it looks like bb1e3daf-04bc-4be3-9fd6-114ba54710be
  3. Why does the Xbox series X lose WiFi connection capability when the console power shuts off?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why does the Xbox series X lose WiFi connection capability when the console power shuts off?: Hello, I bought the series X last week and I have had constant issues with Xbox not connecting to the WiFi, after it was set up, when I start the system. Absolutely nothing changes. The system...
  4. Why does my brand new Series X console keep giving me the “Keep the console cool message”?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my brand new Series X console keep giving me the “Keep the console cool message”?: I was gifted an Xbox Series X for the holidays and it’s only been a week and I barely have time to play on it but when I do, I get the “Keep the console cool” message whenever I’m playing a game....
  5. Why does my Xbox keep booting me out of multiplayer games and console resets itself...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why does my Xbox keep booting me out of multiplayer games and console resets itself...: I posted another thread on this which went unsolved. I have a new Xbox series x purchase 9 of 23. Whenever I play any multiplayer games online like call of duty, fortnite, battlefield 2043,...
  6. Why does MW3 (2023) overheat my console? No other game has done it.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does MW3 (2023) overheat my console? No other game has done it.: My mw3 (2023) has been crashing constantly. It isn’t sitting in a tv stand or anything. It is in an open space. I have hard reset the console, moved where it is plugged in at, and have factory...
  7. Why does my console only show the quick tips Icon

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my console only show the quick tips Icon: it happen last week when i went to turn on my console (XBOX ONE) my console only showed a black screen but i was able to bring up the side menu. I turned off my console and left it for a couple of...
  8. Why does my xbox turn off when it starts the third update bar for the console, it just...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my xbox turn off when it starts the third update bar for the console, it just...: Why does my xbox turn off when it starts the third update bar for the console, it just turns off and thats it then i have to restart the update every time 1c8704b4-da52-4e52-a310-f815f117ae43
  9. Why does my console keep saying “the person who bought this needs to sign in” even though...

in XboX Insiders
    Why does my console keep saying “the person who bought this needs to sign in” even though...: I’m at college trying to set up my Xbox in the dorm and it said my internet connection was fine, and I’m signed in, but when I try to start any game it just says that the person who bought it...
  10. Why does my console shut off to a snow screen or go to dashboard on wz fortnight any game...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my console shut off to a snow screen or go to dashboard on wz fortnight any game...: Series s shuts down in cod wz either freezes on a snowy screen or sends me back to dash board 4ef8c9a0-d579-437a-a556-e4f873a2669d