why does my xbox not work on my wifi exclusively?

Discus and support why does my xbox not work on my wifi exclusively? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; so, after going through multiple solutions that did NOT solve my problem with my wifi, i used my hotspot and mw2 ended up working just fine. at first,... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by vhanmi, Oct 15, 2023.

1. vhanmi
    vhanmi Guest

so, after going through multiple solutions that did NOT solve my problem with my wifi, i used my hotspot and mw2 ended up working just fine. at first, it was a bit buggy but after the first game it was working fairly well. to say the least, i liked the gameplay and how it worked on my hotspot. however, i dont want to go through that process of having to connect and reconnect to it, so i prefer to use my wifi. HOWEVER, after multiple attempts to take away the ‘unable to connect to a data center’, they were all unsuccessful. my internet will not allow me to play online, but my hotspot does perfectly. so im wondering if it has to do with how my router works, since my xbox says my network connection is stable enough.. (i may be confusing the terms idk im not an expert). is there something that a internet source cannot have because it can cause interfere in online gaming?

:)

vhanmi, Oct 15, 2023
  2. Nkosana23 Win User

Hi. My name is Brilliant, an independent advisor, happy to assist you today.

Since your Console's Wi-Fi is able to connect and function properly when connected to your mobile device's hotspot, that means the issue maybe with your Wi-Fi router. However, you can find multiple troubleshooting tips in the following link: https://support.xbox.com/help/hardw...ead from,settings > Test network connection).

You can also try contact your router manufacturer's support for further assistance.

I hope this helps resolve your query.
  3. VoicedMarrow763 Win User

Minecraft Apple TV Edition freezes or crashes on startup screens (Apple TV 4K)

So for now, I know Minecraft works with the WIFI of my iPhone, but I do not know why it does not work on my home WiFi.
    Same thing for me : Minecraft works with wifi on iPhone, not via home wifi. I can't find why!
  4. MalachiPortee Win User

Superhub 2: wifi

I was very stressed out why does my xbox not connect to my my wifi
  5. BlearChain04935 Win User

Minecraft Apple TV Edition freezes or crashes on startup screens (Apple TV 4K)

Same issue for me.

A few precisions : My Apple TV is normally connected to the internet by WIFI at home. I noticed that if I generate a WIFI via my Iphone, Minecraft works perfectly. I then turned off the firewall of my home WIFI to see if it was blocking
    Minecraft, but without success ...

So for now, I know Minecraft works with the WIFI of my iPhone, but I do not know why it does not work on my home WiFi.

Any idea?
  6. RoxanneNoskiye Win User

Xbox 360 Won’t Connect to Internet

I tried the hotspot also and yeah it does work but when I go on the wifi it doesn't work I don't why it's doing that and I would like to use my wifi for connection because I don't always have data on my cell,what can I do to use my wifi connection?
Thema:

1. why does my xbox not work on my wifi exclusively? - Similar Threads - why does wifi

2. why does my account keeps sign out on its own when i try to log in

in XBoX on Windows
    why does my account keeps sign out on its own when i try to log in: Why does everytime i try to log onto my xbox account on xbox.com and i put my password it says hang on a moment while we sign in and it wont let me sign in please im desperate i talked to support...
  3. Why does my Xbox disconnect from 5g WiFi when I’m downloading games?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my Xbox disconnect from 5g WiFi when I’m downloading games?: When I am downloading a game, my Xbox will hold a 105+ mbps download speed. But starting a couple of months ago, my Xbox randomly disconnects from the WiFi only when I’m downloading games. Does...
  4. Why does my Xbox One say "UPnP Not Successful" if the wifi is fine?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my Xbox One say "UPnP Not Successful" if the wifi is fine?: Ever since I got a new wifi router my Xbox One always says "UPnP not successful" even though the wifi and all other devices using it are perfectly fine. I tried multiple things: Hard resetting the...
  5. Why does my xbox usually take 5 minutes to connect to WiFi

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my xbox usually take 5 minutes to connect to WiFi: My Xbox takes 10-30 minutes to connect to the internet. All other devices in the house are connected to the same WiFi and working. But everytime I get on my Xbox it can’t connect to the internet....
  6. Why does the Xbox series X lose WiFi connection capability when the console power shuts off?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why does the Xbox series X lose WiFi connection capability when the console power shuts off?: Hello, I bought the series X last week and I have had constant issues with Xbox not connecting to the WiFi, after it was set up, when I start the system. Absolutely nothing changes. The system...
  7. When playing on big games e.g. fortnite, mw3 why does it keep disconnecting me from my wifi?

in XBoX on Consoles
    When playing on big games e.g. fortnite, mw3 why does it keep disconnecting me from my wifi?: Everytime I go onto a big game like mw3 it says I'm not connected to the Internet, it has been fine all day downloading the game but as soon as I go onto the actual game it disconnects me. I've...
  8. why does my xbox only connect to the wifi through wired and not wireless ?

in XBoX on Consoles
    why does my xbox only connect to the wifi through wired and not wireless ?: we recently transferred with virgin wifi and it was working fine until a few hours later when we couldn’t connect my xbox to the wifi wirelessly but we can only connect it through wired, i’ve...
  9. Why does my xbox randomly disconnect from my wifi?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my xbox randomly disconnect from my wifi?: So I had a power outage this morning and it lasted about 2 hours, and after that i played Fortnite for 3 more hours and got off everything was perfectly fine. But when I get back on hours later,...
  10. Why does my Xbox X only have WiFi download speed of around 230mbps when I have 400mbps wifi?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my Xbox X only have WiFi download speed of around 230mbps when I have 400mbps wifi?: I've checked my WiFi multiple times and the lowest I get is 400mbps download and 66 upload speeds. When I try to download games on my Xbox the max download speed I've seen fluctuates between...