Why does my xbox keep revving and why wont my game install

Discus and support Why does my xbox keep revving and why wont my game install in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I bought Black Ops III and it’s been installing but it stopped at 93.8% and it said the disk may have been damaged or it is dirty. I cleaned it and put... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by yeDUXINI7Y, Apr 17, 2024.

1. yeDUXINI7Y
    yeDUXINI7Y Guest

I bought Black Ops III and it’s been installing but it stopped at 93.8% and it said the disk may have been damaged or it is dirty. I cleaned it and put it back in to try again but when i put it in my xbox keeps revving like sonic when he dashes. It revs then stops after a few moments, then continues yet again. Every time it looks like the installation is about to progress i get the same error saying it’s damaged. I just bought it so i doubt it is. I eventually decided to uninstall then reinstall it.

:)

yeDUXINI7Y, Apr 17, 2024
  2. - AJ - Win User

Hi, YeDUXINI7Y! Thank you for reaching out.
    I'm AJ, an Independent Advisor for the Xbox Community.
    I'm sorry to hear you are experiencing issues installing, Black Ops 3.

If you don't mind, I'd like to ask you a few questions.

- May I ask which Xbox model you are using?
    - Have you checked if other disc games present the same issues?
    - Besides your TV/monitor, do you have any external devices plugged into your console?

Additionally, could you try power cycling your console and doing the installation again? like this:

• Cancel the installation
    • Eject your disc.
    • Press and hold the console's power button until it shuts down.
    • Unplug your console's power cord for 5 minutes. If you have the original Xbox One, you'll have to unplug the power supply unit from both the console and the outlet.
    • Plug the power cord back in.
    • Turn your console on.
    • Insert your disc.
    • Try installing the game again.

I'll be looking forward to your reply.
    Best regards.
  3. yeDUXINI7Y Win User

i have the original yes, and other discs have the same issue, and i do have a keyboard and mouse plugged in.

I have tried installing the game again and will update you further if it does not work.

Thank you
  4. - AJ - Win User

Hi, YeDUXINI7Y! Thank you for your reply and the additional information.

If this is happening with multiple games despite them being clean and not damaged, it might related to a hardware problem.

If possible, I'd suggest checking if this happens even while your mouse and keyboard are not plugged in.

Please let me know if reinstalling works, I'll be looking forward to your reply.
    Best regards.
  5. Christian Quinto Win User

Why does my game keep “ installation stopped”

Hey there!

Nice to meet you! My name is Christian, an independent advisor. I'm here to help you out.

1. Try to check the storage on your drive by doing this workaround:

Press the Xbox button  to open the guide, and then select the Notifications icon.

See if there are any notifications about low or unavailable hard drive space. Xbox alerts you when you’re running low.

If there’s a notification about low hard drive space, you’ll have to either delete content to free up space or add an external drive.

2. Test you network connection:

A network connection issue can sometimes affect gameplay. Here’s how to test your Xbox connection:

Press the Xbox button  to open the guide.

Select Profile & system > Settings > General > Network settings.

Note Any outages will appear under Current Network Status.

On the Network settings screen, select Test network connection. If the connection test is successful, your console will connect to the Xbox service.

Note If you're prompted to update your console software, select Yes.

3. Try using a different profile

Press the Xbox button  to open the guide.

Select Profile & system, and then select Add or switch.

Select a profile other than the one you were previously using.

If you don’t have a different profile set up on your Xbox, you can create a new profile just for testing purposes, or have a friend load their profile onto your console to test the game for you. For help adding another profile to your Xbox console, see:

Sign in to Xbox

Now restart the game to see if it works correctly under a different profile.

If you can play the game with a different profile, go to Step 6: Remove and re-add your profile.

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/games-apps/...

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/games-apps/....

I hope this helps.

Best Regards,

Christian.
  6. Ronnieee Win User

Why does my game keep stopping installing?

Hi there! This is Ronnie, an independent advisor.

Nice to meet you and I hope you are having a great day!

I understand you need help with installation problem.

You may follow this guide on this link:

In any case, this will not work.

If you are using a hard drive, please remove the hard drive and install the game in the console storage.

If this is a disc game, you may try installing it offline.

If none of those steps work, please do a reset on the console.

NOTE: This will remove the profiles on your console, make sure that you remember the email and password to your account.

No data or game saves will be lost doing this, everything is backed up to the cloud servers.

1. Press the Xbox button to open the guide.

2. Select Settings.

3. Select System.

4. Select Console info

5. Select Reset console.

6. Select Reset and keep my games & apps

This will also help sync the data on your console properly.

Try installing again.
Thema:

1. Why does my xbox keep revving and why wont my game install - Similar Threads - Why does keep

2. Why does the standalone Xbox program keep telling me I need Xbox Game Bar just for voice chat?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why does the standalone Xbox program keep telling me I need Xbox Game Bar just for voice chat?: In attempting to play with Xbox-owning friends, I thought Microsoft would have had a simple, streamlined program for voice chat between P.C. and Xbox users. It doesn't seem like that's the case....
  3. Why does my youtube app keep glitching when playing videos but not commercials?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my youtube app keep glitching when playing videos but not commercials?: My youtube keeps freezing but all my other apps and games are running just fine. I've cleared the saved date. There are no updates. And there are no updates needed for my Xbox....
  4. Why does this keep happening to my ASUS gaming A15?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why does this keep happening to my ASUS gaming A15?: The laptop screen is always extremely dimmed whenever I turn on my ASUS Gaming A15. No matter what I do the screen always remains very dark. But when I reboot the laptop a few times by holding the...
  5. Why does my screen keep going black and showing red and green lines?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my screen keep going black and showing red and green lines?: When I turn on my Xbox One X and get to the Home Screen, my screen either keeps going black or the screen just flickers with loads of green and red lines appearing all over the screen like the...
  6. why cant I queue into a game, and why does gamepass keep popping up and can someone fix this

in XBoX Accessibility
    why cant I queue into a game, and why does gamepass keep popping up and can someone fix this: I previously had the Xbox one s, but yesterday bought the Xbox series s as an upgrade to be able to play ncaa football coming out in July. My issue is that I can no longer play rainbow six siege...
  7. why does my xbox keep resetting itself

in XBoX on Consoles
    why does my xbox keep resetting itself: i just bought an xbox series x like 2 weeks ago from walmart and when i turn it on everything seems fine. i downloaded a few games but when i start them for example: on Call Of Duty MW3 it starts...
  8. why does my xbox one s take too long to boot and all my games keep crashing

in XBoX on Consoles
    why does my xbox one s take too long to boot and all my games keep crashing: My grandparents bought me an xbox one s and its 2024, the console's time to boot up is over 3 minutes and when it does is brings me to a black screen. Iv'e tried all of the methods and non of...
  9. Why does fortnite keep updating every day

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why does fortnite keep updating every day: Every day I get on my Xbox and I check to see if I can play fortnite but I can't because it says it needs to update and then I update it and the next day it restarts updating....
  10. Why does my Xbox series x keeps on saying installation stopped when I'm installing doom...

in XBoX on Windows
    Why does my Xbox series x keeps on saying installation stopped when I'm installing doom...: I got Doom Eternal from Gamestop, and it keeps saying the installation stopped for the past three days. I have tried clearing local saved games but that did not work, I tried restarting,...