Why does my XBOX hdmi work on my laptop but not my TV?

Discus and support Why does my XBOX hdmi work on my laptop but not my TV? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I've tried 2 different HDMI cords AND 2 different TVS. Neither of them are showing signal for HDMI 1 or 2. It was working just fine yesterday morning... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by SpAzZ H, Mar 17, 2024.

1. SpAzZ H
    SpAzZ H Guest

I've tried 2 different HDMI cords AND 2 different TVS. Neither of them are showing signal for HDMI 1 or 2. It was working just fine yesterday morning and then it just stopped working out of nowhere but When I plug my HDMI cord from my xbox to my laptop it works so why isn't it working on 2 different TVS

:)

SpAzZ H, Mar 17, 2024
  2. Boris Fatakhov Win User

no display from Xbox One S that connected to a monitor with HDMI to DVI adapter

hello Fernando.

I can connect with HDMI to a TV, My monitor does not have a HDMI port, that's why I used an adapter.

Edit: Just tried to connect with my laptop. it works perfectly.
  3. SpAzZ H Win User

I plugged my HDMI from my xbox into the HDMI port on my laptop and went to the XBOX app on my laptop and the controller works it even let's me play cloud gaming games on it. I just don't understand why neither of the TVS are showing signal if it obviously works.
  4. - AJ - Win User

Hi, SpAzZ! Thank you for reaching out.
    I'm AJ, an Independent Advisor for the Xbox Community.
    I'm sorry to hear you are experiencing issues with your console.

If you have confirmed the HDMI cable is working with other devices and different TVs, then I'm afraid that would mean the problem could be within the console itself.

If you don't mind, I'd appreciate it if you could answer the following questions:

- May I ask which Xbox model you have?
    - Is your screen blank as soon as you turn the console on?
    - Besides the TV, do you have any other external devices plugged into your console?
    - Are you, by any chance, seeing "No signal" or "Unsupported mode/input" on your TV screen?

Thank you! I'll be looking forward to your reply.
    Best regards.
  5. - AJ - Win User

Hi, SpAzZ! Thank you for your reply and the additional information.
    "No signal" and "Make sure connected device is turned on" indicate that your console is not being detected at all by either of your screens, which I'm afraid could mean your console's problem is hardware-related.

To clarify, have you already tried both of these reset methods?

"Display reset"

• If there's a disc in the console, eject it.
    • On the console, press and hold the Xbox button for 10 seconds to turn off the console.
    • Unplug your console's power cord for 2 minutes.
    • Press and hold the Xbox button and the Eject button until you hear a beep to turn on the console. You’ll hear one beep right away and a second beep 10 seconds later. The power light will flash on before the second beep. Do not let go until the second beep occurs.

*Note: If you have an Xbox Series S, you’ll need to press and hold the Xbox button and the Bind button instead, as your console does not have an Eject button.

In either case, this will boot your console in low-resolution mode (640 × 480).

"Xbox Startup Troubleshooter"

• Power off your console, and then unplug the power cord to ensure that the console is completely powered off.
    • Wait 2 minutes, then plug the power cord back in.
    • Press and hold the BIND button and the EJECT button, and then press the power button once.

*Note The Xbox One S All-Digital Edition does not have an EJECT button. You can bring up the Xbox Startup Troubleshooter on this console by holding only the BIND button and then pressing the power button.

• Continue holding the BIND and EJECT buttons for 10-15 seconds.
    • Listen for two “power-up” tones a couple of seconds apart. You can release the BIND and EJECT buttons after the second power-up tone.
    • The console should power up and take you directly to the Xbox Startup Troubleshooter.

These methods are a bit similar and can be tricky to get right on the first try. If possible, give both of them a couple of tries.

Please let me know if either of these makes any difference on your console, I'll be looking forward to your reply.
    Best regards.
  6. ngocphi Win User

Well.No your laptop hdmi port is output .only it wouldn't display anything

You would.have.to.do.a reset.

This usually happens when you set a incompatible resolution thid is why when you set.a resolution and it doesn't work you shouldnt.accept

How do you reset the graphics on Xbox?

Turn off the console. Turn on the console. As the console starts, press and hold the Y button  while pulling the right trigger on the controller. The display settings are reset to the default settings, and then the console automatically restarts.
Thema:

1. Why does my XBOX hdmi work on my laptop but not my TV? - Similar Threads - Why does hdmi

2. why does my account keeps sign out on its own when i try to log in

in XBoX on Windows
    why does my account keeps sign out on its own when i try to log in: Why does everytime i try to log onto my xbox account on xbox.com and i put my password it says hang on a moment while we sign in and it wont let me sign in please im desperate i talked to support...
  3. Why does my Xbox say I'm in game chat when I'm in party chat

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why does my Xbox say I'm in game chat when I'm in party chat: It all started today, I was gonna play L4D2 with my friends when I couldn't hear anyone, my pfp in the party was dark and I couldn't hear anybody. Can someone help please?...
  4. why does my xbox series show no wireless network and say that there is a problem with the...

in XBoX on Consoles
    why does my xbox series show no wireless network and say that there is a problem with the...: a moment I reset my xbox and when it said to connect to a wireless network nothing was displayed so I tried to connect it via an ethernet cable it worked but when updating the xbox so that it is...
  5. Why does my Xbox profile have to suck now?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my Xbox profile have to suck now?: My avatar hasn't displayed on my profile for months. Xbox changed the way they store items you had in your activity feed as a money grab to get PC users to buy into their Office products,...
  6. Why does the standalone Xbox program keep telling me I need Xbox Game Bar just for voice chat?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why does the standalone Xbox program keep telling me I need Xbox Game Bar just for voice chat?: In attempting to play with Xbox-owning friends, I thought Microsoft would have had a simple, streamlined program for voice chat between P.C. and Xbox users. It doesn't seem like that's the case....
  7. Why does my Xbox look like this? Changed hdmi ports on the TV, hard restarted the console,...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my Xbox look like this? Changed hdmi ports on the TV, hard restarted the console,...: [img] here is a photo of what it looks like bb1e3daf-04bc-4be3-9fd6-114ba54710be
  8. If I have a 144hz monitor with a 1.4 port and also a 1.4 hdmi cable why does my screen go...

in XBoX on Consoles
    If I have a 144hz monitor with a 1.4 port and also a 1.4 hdmi cable why does my screen go...: Hi, so I have a monitor which supports 144hz I believe it is 1.4 port and I also have a 1.4 hdmi I’m trying to enable the 120hz option on the Xbox one s which it does come up however when I click...
  9. Why does my HDMI port keep dying?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my HDMI port keep dying?: I am on a very frustrating journey with Xbox one X. I bought my initial console 5 years ago and after our first house move my HDMI port stopped being responsive. Since it was under warranty...
  10. Why does my Xbox One shut off when I plug my HDMI Cable in

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my Xbox One shut off when I plug my HDMI Cable in: Why does my Xbox One shut off every time I plug my HDMI cable in 8fd872f6-5141-4a47-b5e9-f9d0c883290e