Why does my Xbox elite controller series 2 refuses to connect to my windows 11 PC?

Discus and support Why does my Xbox elite controller series 2 refuses to connect to my windows 11 PC? in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; The controller connected just fine to my pc for about 6 months and then one day after restarting my pc my controller would say it is connected in... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Donut Palpi, Jan 11, 2024.

1. Donut Palpi
    Donut Palpi Guest

Why does my Xbox elite controller series 2 refuses to connect to my windows 11 PC?

The controller connected just fine to my pc for about 6 months and then one day after restarting my pc my controller would say it is connected in settings for about 2 minutes before shutting off and while saying it was connected none of the inputs would register with the game I was playing (Lego Fortnite). Afterward I unpaired the controller from my computer and tried to repair it to no avail, instead it would show up in the menu but when I commanded my pc to connect to the controller it would hang up and the return a message saying, "try connecting your device again." With all future attempts of doing so ending in the same error. I have tried updating the controller firmware as well as the operating system and I even uninstalled all Bluetooth drivers and reinstalling them with no luck.

:)

Donut Palpi, Jan 11, 2024
  2. Darhyl Amizola Win User

Hi there! My name is Darhyl and I’d be more than happy to help you with your query.

I'm sorry you are experiencing this with your Xbox Elite series 2 controller.

I understand that you have already exhausted all the workarounds such as updating your controller's firmware. Kindly try to connect your controller to a different PC or console device to see if it works.

If the issue persists, I'm afraid you will need to check your free warranty replacement order for your Xbox Elite Series 2 controller through this link:

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/hardware-network/controller/controller-warranty

If your controller is no longer covered by warranty, you can also check the out-of-warranty replacement options using the same link above.

Thank you for your kindness and understanding! Please feel free to let me know if you need anything else.

Best Regards,
    Darhyl
  3. Sebastian Leconte Win User

Elite Controller Series 2 - Windows 11 - Controller won't connect to Bluetooth as Elite Controller

Would someone be able to assist me with my current issue?

I recently bought the series elite 2 controller and I cant seem to connect the controller directly to my pc with the cable to configure the buttons. I am able to connect it via Bluetooth. I have windows 11 and it has been updated to the latest software and I just downloaded the xbox accessories app. When the app is opened it fails to recognize my controller.

Thank you in advance.
  4. s33r Win User

Xbox Elite Controller 2 will not connect VIA usb or Bluetooth to my pc

The original XBox Elite controller requires the Xbox Wireless Adapter for Windows 10 so without that adapter it will not be recognized properly by Windows. The newer, Elite Series 2 can connect to a Windows 10 PC without the need of an adapter.
  5. NathanPerez5 Win User

Elite controller 2 not working

Hi Lucas, thanks for your responding this happens on my Pc I just got a new Alienware with windows 11 I can plug ps5 controller and works perfectly but if I plug the Xbox Elite 2 it does not works
  6. M3tal Daz3 Win User

Cannot configure xbox elite series 2 in Accessories app

• To configure the Xbox Elite Wireless Controller Series 2, get the Windows 10 May 2019 Update (or later) and make sure your PC has the latest fixes.

See how to get updates
    • The Xbox Accessories app won’t detect your controller if you’re using Bluetooth to connect to your PC. Connect your controller using Xbox Wireless, or plug the included USB-C cable into the back of the Xbox Elite Wireless Controller Series 2 and plug the
      other end into your PC. For more info, see
      How to connect an Xbox One Wireless Controller to a Windows PC
Thema:

1. Why does my Xbox elite controller series 2 refuses to connect to my windows 11 PC? - Similar Threads - Why does elite

2. Why does my elite 2 controller only work when i plug it in.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my elite 2 controller only work when i plug it in.: I have an Elite 2 controller but the xbox button turns on and off. It'll be on for up to 5 seconds but none of the buttons work and it flashes really fast as if it connected but automatically...
  3. Why does the right bumper fail on so many Elite 2 controllers?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does the right bumper fail on so many Elite 2 controllers?: Since customer support was unable to help me I figure I would try here before deciding whether or not to buy anymore Xbox hardware. I've had 2 Xbox elite 2 controllers stop working. Both had the...
  4. Why does my Window 11 Bluetooth on PC keep saying failed to connect to my Xbox Elite...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my Window 11 Bluetooth on PC keep saying failed to connect to my Xbox Elite...: Hello, I recently made the switch from Xbox Series X to PC gaming. I bought a very nice PC that runs flawlessly with windows 11 installed. I am only having one problem and that it connecting my...
  5. Why does my elite controller series two disconnect when wire isn’t plugged in

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my elite controller series two disconnect when wire isn’t plugged in: My elite series two controller keeps on disconnecting when the wire isn’t connected, I’ll be using it then suddenly I can’t move in my game or scroll on YouTube I look down and see the light...
  6. Why does my Elite series 2 controller disconnects from xbox series s

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why does my Elite series 2 controller disconnects from xbox series s: If anyone can help me that would be awesome unfortunately I will be working the next 3 days so I'll check back on Sunday if anyone can help! 2f6d9e26-937e-40a7-a531-1e63042c5974
  7. Why does my Xbox elite 2 controller buttons not work?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my Xbox elite 2 controller buttons not work?: So, when i try to play with it only the sticks work, and the home button does not work, i don't know how this happened and this is making my whole Xbox gaming experience not so good, so can...
  8. Why does pressing R3 to the upper left on Xbox Elite Series 2 shut down the controller?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does pressing R3 to the upper left on Xbox Elite Series 2 shut down the controller?: Yesterday I played some Halo Infinite Matches and noticed that my controller turned itself off. First I thought it was the battery so i charged it and today I recognized the issue occurs when I...
  9. Why does my elite series 2 controller suddenly and randomly change direction

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my elite series 2 controller suddenly and randomly change direction: I bought a new Elite Series 2 Controller direct from Microsoft less than a month ago. With it I've put in over 200 hours into Starfield as well as a few hours into other games I play with my...
  10. Why does my Xbox elite core 2 controller keep disconnecting from my xbox?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my Xbox elite core 2 controller keep disconnecting from my xbox?: My fairly new xbox elite core 2 keeps disconnecting in the middle of games. I've tried using the USB which worked for a short time but kept disconnecting in the end. I checked of the controller...