Why does my Xbox Discord stream not pick up my background music?

Discus and support Why does my Xbox Discord stream not pick up my background music? in XBoX Rewards & Social to solve the problem; I usually play games with Spotify or Soundcloud music playing in the background. Lately, I've decided to try streaming, first testing in my own server... Discussion in 'XBoX Rewards & Social' started by poop sardine, Apr 6, 2024.

1. poop sardine
    poop sardine Guest

I usually play games with Spotify or Soundcloud music playing in the background. Lately, I've decided to try streaming, first testing in my own server to see if it works.

I realized if I listen to my music through Spotify/Soundcloud, the stream will be silent. It won't play the game music nor will it play my Soundcloud or Spotify music, it'll be mute instead.

The game audio, however, does work when I turn off my music. Which is a shame as I love my music and prefer it when it's compared to the game's music.

:)

poop sardine, Apr 6, 2024
  2. SwordofWhedon Win User

You do not have a license to broadcast copyrighted music. Simple as that.

Many games have a streamer mode for this reason
  3. Saeleth Win User

Streaming Music while Playing Xbox360 Live

To my knowledge background music streaming is only available on the Xbox One, unfortunately not on the 360.
  4. Frag Monger Win User

360 kicks One's butt in terms of PC connectivity

Viral - That is incorrect. Since day ONE, the Xbox 360 had the ability to connect with Windows Media Center, as well as the ability to stream photos or music from your PC (and music 'in the background').

-

If the 360 couldn't do that stuff from day ONE, then why does my launch day 360 - with the special launch day remote control, have a Windows Media Center button ON THE REMOTE!?
  5. HalfChaosnova Win User

Xbox 360 Bluetooth headset question.

People can pick up music in the background with mine, but as for picking up the sound from a ceiling fan, it does sound like its a little over sensitive. Sorry, I wish I could help more.
  6. Crafty-9F37DC1A-A075 Win User

Microsoft Acquires Beam Streaming Service

I know it's not music streaming but the Xbox desperately needs a good music streaming service that is not Pandora. Pandora is CHEEKS. So many times I've had friends over and I want to just play background music when we are hanging out or party music or whatever
    through my speakers with my Spotify Premium account, but I can't. I have to switch over to my PS4 for that.
Thema:

1. Why does my Xbox Discord stream not pick up my background music? - Similar Threads - Why does Discord

2. why does my xbox series show no wireless network and say that there is a problem with the...

in XBoX on Consoles
    why does my xbox series show no wireless network and say that there is a problem with the...: a moment I reset my xbox and when it said to connect to a wireless network nothing was displayed so I tried to connect it via an ethernet cable it worked but when updating the xbox so that it is...
  3. Why does my Xbox profile have to suck now?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my Xbox profile have to suck now?: My avatar hasn't displayed on my profile for months. Xbox changed the way they store items you had in your activity feed as a money grab to get PC users to buy into their Office products,...
  4. Why does the standalone Xbox program keep telling me I need Xbox Game Bar just for voice chat?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why does the standalone Xbox program keep telling me I need Xbox Game Bar just for voice chat?: In attempting to play with Xbox-owning friends, I thought Microsoft would have had a simple, streamlined program for voice chat between P.C. and Xbox users. It doesn't seem like that's the case....
  5. why does my xbox gamepass subscription say its active even tho it expired a day ago and...

in XboX Insiders
    why does my xbox gamepass subscription say its active even tho it expired a day ago and...: i tried to redeem a code but it said i have to eait til my gamepass expires submitted by /u/Willing-Gas-9895 [link] [comments]
  6. Why does discord keep telling me to relink my account.

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why does discord keep telling me to relink my account.: For around 2 days I have not been able to use discord on Xbox, I check the server status and they are all running but I’m still have problems, please help. e20de5bc-6fa8-48df-bba9-36ecbbf6e5f5
  7. Why does it keep showing that my discord account needs to be relinked with my xbox even...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why does it keep showing that my discord account needs to be relinked with my xbox even...: It’s just making me do the same thing over and over with no outcome leading towards me using discord on my xbox again. 8aa145d5-0cd1-45c1-80bb-4c7314a33051
  8. Why does my Xbox tell me that my discord is linked but also it's not linked?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why does my Xbox tell me that my discord is linked but also it's not linked?: Why does it keep telling me to re-link? fd5b4c26-3d9e-4895-b44c-6439a3c79b83
  9. Why does my xbox keep saying reconnect/ relink my discord account, but doesn’t work?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why does my xbox keep saying reconnect/ relink my discord account, but doesn’t work?: I am here to discuss, and ser if anyone has this problem. I have been trying to relink my discord account for the past 3 days and it is not working. I have restarted my xbox a total of 50 times,...
  10. Xbox, why does this Discord/Xbox feature not exist?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Xbox, why does this Discord/Xbox feature not exist?: My question is: Why can I not stream my Xbox Series S gameplay directly to Discord while on a Discord Voice Channel connected to the Xbox? I've tried screen sharing my phone when playing remotely...