Why does my Xbox controller randomly start blinking?

Discus and support Why does my Xbox controller randomly start blinking? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; My Xbox controller won’t connect to my Xbox. Batteries were replaced and did try to reconnect after. The controller will connect if plugged in first.... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by SPARTAN0188, Feb 12, 2024.

1. SPARTAN0188
    SPARTAN0188 Guest

My Xbox controller won’t connect to my Xbox. Batteries were replaced and did try to reconnect after.

The controller will connect if plugged in first. If I disconnect it it will stay connected until it turns off.

Now, with my controller off and unplugged, it will randomly start blinking without me touching anything. Any help is much appreciated!

:)

SPARTAN0188, Feb 12, 2024
  2. Rodrigo Oliver Win User

Hi SPARTAN0188, my name is Rodrigo. I'm an Independent Advisor and a member of the Microsoft community and I'd love to assist you today.

I am sorry to hear that.

Please, reset your controller pairing.

To unpair it, press and hold the pair button on top of the controller for a few seconds until it vibrates twice.

Then, pair it again.

Turn on your controller by pressing and holding the Xbox button.

Press and release the Pair button on the Xbox.

Within 20 seconds, press and hold the controller’s Pair button a circular button on top of the controller as you hold it in your hands) until the controller's Xbox button flashes a few times.

That means it's searching for a console.

The Xbox button stays lit once it's connected.

I hope this helps.
  3. Meister Mike Win User

Xbox One Controller won't turn on

Ok, so does that mean I have to "re-pair" the controller with an Xbox first and that's why it isn't blinking on its own? That would mean the controller is working perfectly fine and it's normal that it doesn't blink when pressing the Xbox button after using
    it on a pc?
  4. prazeu Win User

Xbox Series X Controller Sync Button Not Responsive

i'm just a bit confused because i've looked all over youtube and google but i couldn't find anyone else that had the same issues. because when they press the sync button on their controller it starts blinking but my controller doesn't do anything at all, it's like just that one button stopped working and all it does is do the slow blinking the controller does after you power it on.
  5. SwordofWhedon Win User

Screen will flicker colors while trying to play X|S optimized games on my Series X Console

Which games, and what is the model of TV you’re using? Are they just appearing randomly like a blinking light on the control panel?
  6. TimHorras1 Win User

Xbox Series X controller constantly disconnecting from PC when playing, even when connected via USB C one slight nudge and it will disconnect. Any Fixes/Help?

Same issue as others; brand new Carbon Black controller setup via Bluetooth. Randomly disconnects during gameplay. Works fine but every 10 minutes or so it starts blinking and I get a message on screen saying the controller is disconnected, please use mouse and keyboard. Very disappointing.
Thema:

1. Why does my Xbox controller randomly start blinking? - Similar Threads - Why does controller

2. Why does my elite controller series two disconnect when wire isn’t plugged in

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my elite controller series two disconnect when wire isn’t plugged in: My elite series two controller keeps on disconnecting when the wire isn’t connected, I’ll be using it then suddenly I can’t move in my game or scroll on YouTube I look down and see the light...
  3. Why does the cloud gaming website no longer recognize my controller as connected?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does the cloud gaming website no longer recognize my controller as connected?: Attempting to play Xbox cloud gaming on chrome, due to it crashing every time I attempt it on the xbox app. It no longer recognizes that my controller is connected and won’t allow me to use it...
  4. Why does my controller not select apps or options but in games the controller works...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my controller not select apps or options but in games the controller works...: Why does my controller not select apps or options even though I see it responding but in games the controller works perfectly fine? It also keeps sticking to the top of the screen even though I...
  5. Does anyone know why media playback controls (through mobile and voice command) don't work...

in XBoX on Windows
    Does anyone know why media playback controls (through mobile and voice command) don't work...: Media controls (both through google assistant and mobile app) will not work with paramount plus on Xbox. Does anyone know why? c3624f1e-a08a-45c2-be39-1fda9e8618ba
  6. Why Does My Controller Flash Every Time I Turn It On?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why Does My Controller Flash Every Time I Turn It On?: Every time I restart my computer and get on it and turn on my controller (which is a elite series 2 and its plugged in) it just flashes, I also know that the usb works because I have used the same...
  7. Why does my controller disconnect when I connect my wireless turtle beach headset to my...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my controller disconnect when I connect my wireless turtle beach headset to my...: When I connect my wireless headset it assigns to my controller/profile. While I’m playing certain games (nba 2k24) it will disconnect my controller as if it’s not on but the controller will still...
  8. Why does the left analog stick always break in these controllers?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does the left analog stick always break in these controllers?: These controllers only seem to last about a month before having to turn up the dead zone to stop them moving. Can’t even control the menus any more. The 360 controllers never did this. Sort it...
  9. Why does my brand new Xbox controller keep disconnecting ?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my brand new Xbox controller keep disconnecting ?: I have an Xbox One S. And a brand new controller and headset - not even 6 hours old yet. While I’m playing the game , I have static in my headset and others have trouble hearing me because of...
  10. Why does my Xbox elite controller series 2 refuses to connect to my windows 11 PC?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why does my Xbox elite controller series 2 refuses to connect to my windows 11 PC?: The controller connected just fine to my pc for about 6 months and then one day after restarting my pc my controller would say it is connected in settings for about 2 minutes before shutting off...