Why does my Xbox 3.5mm Xbox-brand headset stop working after a few days

Discus and support Why does my Xbox 3.5mm Xbox-brand headset stop working after a few days in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; For some reason my Xbox mic sound will be hearable but only for myself. This happens when my mic/controller is idle for a while (I guess) but it makes... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by alrightopen, Mar 3, 2024.

1. alrightopen
    alrightopen Guest

For some reason my Xbox mic sound will be hearable but only for myself. This happens when my mic/controller is idle for a while (I guess) but it makes no sense.

No it’s not a setting, it’s not pass through and it’s not automatically muted.

It’s not “my headset is muted” I’ve bought 2 headsets because I thought it WASNT Xbox but it is.

I fixed it though, by factory resetting my Xbox. And I’ve done this 3 times now, being the ONLY solution. I quite literally spent 3 hours on YouTube and forums doing all their tricks but unfortunately the only “fix” is a factory reset.

:)

alrightopen, Mar 3, 2024
  2. SwordofWhedon Win User

do you have Mic monitoring turned on?
  3. Viewlesshompa Win User

Headset problem

The headset in question is a Tritton Kama with a 3.5mm plug.

the headset is brand new and marked as xbox compatible.

I cannot get the headset to work with any of my two original wireless controllers that accepts 3.5mm without an adapter.

When I try a wired aftermarket controller, @play, it works flawless. Headset is recognized as soon it is connected.

I then tried my wireless controllers and wire connected them to the xbox and then connected the headset. Did not solve the problem.

Best regards
  4. StuartATrueRed Win User

Bluetooth headset connectivity on Xbox one S (All Digital)

The Xbox One console, does not support Bluetooth, hence why the headsets do not work on their consoles. You either use a wireless headset, this uses the Xbox wireless technology to connect to the Xbox or connect a wired headset to the 3.5mm headphone jack
    that is in the bottom of the controller.
  5. ChrisCoyne25 Win User

Turtle Beach Stealth 700 stopped working

Are they serious? He has told you they are wireless, connecting with a 3.5mm jack does not answer the question of why the system will pair with the headset and then out of nowhere stop working. A real read and response would be nice.
  6. PizzaSniper21 Win User

Headset not working with controllers

Hi Kanjay,

Thanks for the updates on what you have tried. When you ran the update for the controller did you have the headset plugged in, if not try with the headset connected? Also, what type of controllers and headset do you own? If they are third party headsets,
    the recent update to the OS sometimes makes third party accessories not work correctly until a patch comes out.

Thanks,

Brad
    Hey Brad, thanks for the reply. I tried updating the controller numerous times with the headset, with the headset adaptor, without anything, etc. on both controllers. My older controller is the regular Xbox One controller, which does NOT have a 3.5mm headphone
    jack, and my newer controller is the Xbox One Phantom Black Controller, which does have the headphone jack. I am currently using a Skullcandy headset...the sound on the newer controller that I used stopped working one day after I plugged in the headset, and
    the sound on the older controller stopped working about a week later while I was playing a game.
Thema:

1. Why does my Xbox 3.5mm Xbox-brand headset stop working after a few days - Similar Threads - Why does 5mm

2. Why does my Xbox say I'm in game chat when I'm in party chat

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why does my Xbox say I'm in game chat when I'm in party chat: It all started today, I was gonna play L4D2 with my friends when I couldn't hear anyone, my pfp in the party was dark and I couldn't hear anybody. Can someone help please?...
  3. why does my xbox series show no wireless network and say that there is a problem with the...

in XBoX on Consoles
    why does my xbox series show no wireless network and say that there is a problem with the...: a moment I reset my xbox and when it said to connect to a wireless network nothing was displayed so I tried to connect it via an ethernet cable it worked but when updating the xbox so that it is...
  4. Why does my Xbox profile have to suck now?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my Xbox profile have to suck now?: My avatar hasn't displayed on my profile for months. Xbox changed the way they store items you had in your activity feed as a money grab to get PC users to buy into their Office products,...
  5. Why does the standalone Xbox program keep telling me I need Xbox Game Bar just for voice chat?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why does the standalone Xbox program keep telling me I need Xbox Game Bar just for voice chat?: In attempting to play with Xbox-owning friends, I thought Microsoft would have had a simple, streamlined program for voice chat between P.C. and Xbox users. It doesn't seem like that's the case....
  6. why does my xbox gamepass subscription say its active even tho it expired a day ago and...

in XboX Insiders
    why does my xbox gamepass subscription say its active even tho it expired a day ago and...: i tried to redeem a code but it said i have to eait til my gamepass expires submitted by /u/Willing-Gas-9895 [link] [comments]
  7. Uhmm why does my downloads stop on GTA 5 at like 30 gigabytes

in XBoX on Windows
    Uhmm why does my downloads stop on GTA 5 at like 30 gigabytes: Every time I download gta 5 it says download has stopped d4fffb6b-187e-4fb2-a8c6-562ce7b7df53
  8. Why does my youtube app keep glitching when playing videos but not commercials?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my youtube app keep glitching when playing videos but not commercials?: My youtube keeps freezing but all my other apps and games are running just fine. I've cleared the saved date. There are no updates. And there are no updates needed for my Xbox....
  9. Why does my Xbox freeze after installing a game?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why does my Xbox freeze after installing a game?: I have an Xbox One S and I downloaded a game yesterday. It was queued up for installation before I turned off the Xbox. Now, when I try to start anything, an error pops up saying the app was...
  10. Why does the xbox web browser suck so god damn bad?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does the xbox web browser suck so god damn bad?: I literally cant watch a 20 minute video without it constantly crashing and having to refresh ***Move from Microsoft Edge / Audio and video playback / Windows 10 ***...