Why does my wireless Xbox controller disconnect and reconnect repeatedly on my Chromebook?

Discus and support Why does my wireless Xbox controller disconnect and reconnect repeatedly on my Chromebook? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; So, I recently got a new wireless Xbox controller so I can play Xbox Cloud Gaming when I am not at home. My controller works for all of my compatible... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by GG96_AnimatesYT, Apr 1, 2024.

1. Why does my wireless Xbox controller disconnect and reconnect repeatedly on my Chromebook?

So, I recently got a new wireless Xbox controller so I can play Xbox Cloud Gaming when I am not at home. My controller works for all of my compatible devices except my Acer Chromebook (which is from 2020). When I connect my controller to my Chromebook's Bluetooth, it connects but my controller is still stuck in pairing mode. When it isn't in pairing mode, the Xbox button still flashes while connected to Bluetooth. It disconnects and reconnects every time the light flashes. I have tried everything, I've updated and restarted my Chromebook numerous times, and I still can't get my Xbox controller to stop having this issue with my Chromebook. I tried research and I could not find anyone else with this problem. I don't have an Xbox console however, which also makes everything harder to figure out. If anyone had this problem and knows how to fix it, please let me know.

:)

GG96_AnimatesYT, Apr 1, 2024
  2. AirSgt johnny Win User

Controller Drifting/Disconnecting

I have the same problem still my controller wired or wireless is disconnecting and reconnecting every 2 mins plz help microsoft
  3. Blackforce Dale Win User

Xbox One Remote Signal

Thanks Linden for the reply? However Did you read my post? My post relates to the Xbox One Media Remote, not a controller. Although I do also suffer from controller disconnects of which I have detailed here.

www.blackforce.co.uk/.../xbox-one-reconnect-controller-disconnects-all-the-time

Why does everyone just keep referring us to the controller troubleshooting page. Everyone has tried all those steps!!!! Anyway back to the problem. The remote is not accurate enough or act the same way as any other remote.
  4. ChookiPooki Win User

Xbox one controller disconnects when I lose connection to the internet

I know why my internet keeps disconnecting. What im saying is my controller disconnects when i lose connection. It will reconnect but on rare occasions it will not turn back on. Dont worry about the wifi part. All I need to know is if the controllers are
    supposed to drop conneection and then reconnect when the xbox all of a sudden loses internet connection. I dont lose control of the wifi.
  5. Smuroh Win User

Headset or Controller problem

Hi braelynnfiedler,

Firstly is your headset wired or wireless, if it is wireless you will need to reconnect it to the xbox after a reset as the xbox has now removed anything that was connected to it, if it is a wired headset then maybe try disconnecting the controller and reconnecting
    it again to see if that helps.
  6. ChaiKootha Win User

Xbox One controller on Win 10 Forgets the Xbox Adapter for Windows

I am seeing the same issue on Windows 10. After shutting off my PC, I have to re-sync my wireless adapter with my XboxOne controller. In fact, I have to disconnect the wireless adapter from the USB port and reconnect for it to sync up. As OP said, controller
    does work fine when it is synced.

(At first I thought it was an USB port issue, but all my other devices: mouse, Steam controller, PS4 wireless headset, all work perfectly fine in the various ports.)

Thanks
Thema:

Why does my wireless Xbox controller disconnect and reconnect repeatedly on my Chromebook?

1. Why does my wireless Xbox controller disconnect and reconnect repeatedly on my Chromebook? - Similar Threads - Why does wireless

2. why does my account keeps sign out on its own when i try to log in

in XBoX on Windows
    why does my account keeps sign out on its own when i try to log in: Why does everytime i try to log onto my xbox account on xbox.com and i put my password it says hang on a moment while we sign in and it wont let me sign in please im desperate i talked to support...
  3. why does my xbox series show no wireless network and say that there is a problem with the...

in XBoX on Consoles
    why does my xbox series show no wireless network and say that there is a problem with the...: a moment I reset my xbox and when it said to connect to a wireless network nothing was displayed so I tried to connect it via an ethernet cable it worked but when updating the xbox so that it is...
  4. Why does my xbox series X randomly disconnect from my wireless internet connection?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my xbox series X randomly disconnect from my wireless internet connection?: I dont know how to fix this issue and tried many of the troubleshooting tips but when on my xbox series X sometimes randomly it will completely disconnect from my wireless internet connection and...
  5. Why does my Xbox series x/s wireless controller disconnect when my Xbox one disconnects...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my Xbox series x/s wireless controller disconnect when my Xbox one disconnects...: When I came back home as I brought my Xbox to my friends house, it always disconnects from the WiFi and I don't know why. When it disconnected, my controller also disconnected....
  6. Why does windows 11 not support xbox 360 wireless adapters for windows.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does windows 11 not support xbox 360 wireless adapters for windows.: I have tried multiple different wireless adapter devices and drivers and reset my computer multiple times in an attempt to use an xbox 360 controller to play rocket league/overcooked but my pc...
  7. Why does my controller disconnect when I connect my wireless turtle beach headset to my...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my controller disconnect when I connect my wireless turtle beach headset to my...: When I connect my wireless headset it assigns to my controller/profile. While I’m playing certain games (nba 2k24) it will disconnect my controller as if it’s not on but the controller will still...
  8. why does my xbox only connect to the wifi through wired and not wireless ?

in XBoX on Consoles
    why does my xbox only connect to the wifi through wired and not wireless ?: we recently transferred with virgin wifi and it was working fine until a few hours later when we couldn’t connect my xbox to the wifi wirelessly but we can only connect it through wired, i’ve...
  9. Why does my xbox wireless controller lag my game to the point it is unplayble while it is...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my xbox wireless controller lag my game to the point it is unplayble while it is...: It is on the latest firmware and it is doing it on Trackmania 2020 and Rocket League I am running the newest version of windows 11 as of 8/10/23 and vibrations are disabled ***Moved from Windows...
  10. Why does my xbox keeps disconnecting from my wireless internet

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my xbox keeps disconnecting from my wireless internet: For the past two days my xbox series x has been disconnecting from my wireless internet almost at random, sometimes it'll stay connected for 10-15 minutes the next it'll stay connected for a...