Why does my series x not make the chime noise when i turn it on and off?

Discus and support Why does my series x not make the chime noise when i turn it on and off? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Does anyone know how to fix this? 2966b0b0-38b5-4363-b5a6-9f5cd45a4763 Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by ivan gutierrez3, Jan 22, 2024.

1. Why does my series x not make the chime noise when i turn it on and off?

Does anyone know how to fix this?

:)

ivan gutierrez3, Jan 22, 2024
  2. Ryan [Limitless] Win User

Hi Ivan, I’m Ryan.

How exactly are you powering on and off your console - with the controller, or the power button on the console? Is there no chime sound either way?

You can enable the chime sound effect in Settings > Accessibility > Audio, then turn the option on (or select ‘Only with power button or voice’ if you prefer). You can also find and adjust these settings in Settings > General > Volume & audio output > Additional options.

A restart/power cycle may be required after updating the settings so that any changes properly take effect.

Here to help.
  3. IcyFrostPro Win User

Xbox makes loud noise on start up

My xbox one s makes a loud loud noise when start up it stops for about 30 sec and then comes back I try to turn it off but when the xbox is off it is louder than when it was on and now i cant use it for now sometimes i turn it on and it doesn’t make the
    noise but if i turn it off then again in 1hour or 2 then it does it again.
  4. MEGideon Win User

Grinding noise

It makes the noise when I push the eject button, when I turn it on and when I turn it off sometimes it would do it when I'm playing a game or if I turn the console off it makes the noise again 5 minutes later.
  5. TwisTeD JuKes Win User

Splitgate will not start whatsoever.

New problem. When I did this, the game launched, and when it launched I started up a game of casual, and when I loaded into the game, my Xbox completely shut off on me. This was also happening when I was in the tutorial stage of the game. The Xbox completely turned off 3 times before this 4th occurrence.

Anyway to fix it? It is currently on my internal storage drive, and I am playing on an Xbox One S. I just want to play the game and my Xbox keeps shutting off.

Also when it is turning off, I turn it back on, and it chimes and I have the chime feature off on my Xbox, and the chime makes a very scratchy Xbox on sound also, just thought I should throw that in there.
  6. gregkeppeler Win User

Xbox Series X - I can no longer turn off hdmi audio since installing the september update

I have almost the same problem except the error message says

“if you’re using Xbox series X/S, note that HDMI audio can’t be turned off. In other consoles, either optical or HDMI audio must be on. (0x80bd0009)

Why can’t I turn off hdmi audio on Xbox series x it makes no sense?
Thema:

1. Why does my series x not make the chime noise when i turn it on and off? - Similar Threads - Why does series

2. why does my xbox series show no wireless network and say that there is a problem with the...

in XBoX on Consoles
    why does my xbox series show no wireless network and say that there is a problem with the...: a moment I reset my xbox and when it said to connect to a wireless network nothing was displayed so I tried to connect it via an ethernet cable it worked but when updating the xbox so that it is...
  3. Why does my xbox series x Green screen and then crash mid game?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my xbox series x Green screen and then crash mid game?: Everytime i game my console freezes, hoes to a green screen and then crashes. Any idea why this is happening? It isn’t just one game it happens on call of duty & Fortnite. Started happening...
  4. Why does my xbox series X randomly disconnect from my wireless internet connection?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my xbox series X randomly disconnect from my wireless internet connection?: I dont know how to fix this issue and tried many of the troubleshooting tips but when on my xbox series X sometimes randomly it will completely disconnect from my wireless internet connection and...
  5. Why does my Xbox series x keeps on saying installation stopped when I'm installing doom...

in XBoX on Windows
    Why does my Xbox series x keeps on saying installation stopped when I'm installing doom...: I got Doom Eternal from Gamestop, and it keeps saying the installation stopped for the past three days. I have tried clearing local saved games but that did not work, I tried restarting,...
  6. Why does my series x do this

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my series x do this: since i got my series x whenever i turn it on and on the home screen it says connect to the xbox network after 10 to 30 seconds it connects by itself. Is this normal?...
  7. Why does Microsoft false advertise the Xbox series s?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does Microsoft false advertise the Xbox series s?: Why was the series s advertised with 512GB when in reality 112 of the 512 is used for god knows what and you don’t get a choice in that. But when you turn on the console and go into storage that’s...
  8. Why does my xbox series x shut down everytime I try to play the matrix demo .

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my xbox series x shut down everytime I try to play the matrix demo .: Why..... is the question ... what is real how do you define real...(that's where is shuts off haha) Everytime i try to play the matrix demo my console shuts down there's a green screen for a split...
  9. Why does the Xbox series X lose WiFi connection capability when the console power shuts off?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why does the Xbox series X lose WiFi connection capability when the console power shuts off?: Hello, I bought the series X last week and I have had constant issues with Xbox not connecting to the WiFi, after it was set up, when I start the system. Absolutely nothing changes. The system...
  10. why does my xbox series x controller keep disconnected

in XBoX on Consoles
    why does my xbox series x controller keep disconnected: my xbox series x controller keeps disconnecting i changed the batteries i couldnt resync the controller until i turned off the power supply but took about 2 minutes and the controller again...