Why does my Seagate external hard drive its full but its empty

Discus and support Why does my Seagate external hard drive its full but its empty in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I have a seagate hard drive and I've been trying to get ot to work but I can't it says 100% full but also thats theirs nothing at all on it even when i... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Juicemann , Oct 7, 2023.

1. Why does my Seagate external hard drive its full but its empty

I have a seagate hard drive and I've been trying to get ot to work but I can't it says 100% full but also thats theirs nothing at all on it even when i check it on my computer its says that theirs nothing on it and its a 1.8TB

:)

Juicemann , Oct 7, 2023
  2. Daniel Gill_354 Win User

Hi Juicemann! I hope you are well, delighted to be able to offer you my help!

I completely understand that according to the system, the space on your hard drive is full but in reality you still have available space, this is due to poor performance of the disk according to the stored files.

To do this, we are going to carry out a check on the hard drive using CMD.

Verify which letter your hard drive is assigned to by clicking Start and then Computer.

Click on Start in the Search programs and files text box write CMD, at the top of the search right-click on the icon and choose the option Run as administrator, in the window that is generated (Command Prompt) write the letter assigned to the drive followed by a colon.

Example. G: and press the Enter key.

Then type chkdsk /f /r and press the Enter key.
    A text will appear in which the last action is to accept or not (Y/N). Press the S key and then the Enter key.
    The system will inform you about restarting the device.

This process takes a considerable amount of time, so if your device is a laptop, check that it is connected to the power outlet.

This action will optimize your computer according to performance and disk errors.

Additionally, run a disk cleanup with your antivirus.

Best regards,
    Daniel.
  3. ShockwaveZapdos Win User

External hard drive problem

Its a seagate external hard drive and yes i have tried plugging it into all the usb ports. I did take my whole xbox hard drive and all and i am at a friends house and thats when it stopped working you think thats why its not working?
  4. MichaelF99 Win User

my 3.0 usb ports aren't working kinda

yeah a controller is working for my xbox one but my external hard drive which is a 3tb seagate is not working so my usb ports work fine its just for some reason the external hard drive isn't so any other suggestions or should i just get a new hard drive
    and try again
  5. RobTX Win User

Serious External Hard Drive Issues for Xbox One

I am finding this as well. playing video. and after a while hard drive gets dropped its annoying. Seagate backup plus slim.USB 3.0 1 TB external hard drive.
  6. Zenosos Win User

Advice about Xbox One memory storage

so my advice for storage its best minimising to just one external but you can get a 4tb and 8tb hard drives now for affordable prices. I would only recommend getting a Western Digital external compared to the cheaper seagate alternatives as ive never had
    problems with western digital but ive experienced some issues with seagate
Thema:

1. Why does my Seagate external hard drive its full but its empty - Similar Threads - Why does Seagate

2. why does my account keeps sign out on its own when i try to log in

in XBoX on Windows
    why does my account keeps sign out on its own when i try to log in: Why does everytime i try to log onto my xbox account on xbox.com and i put my password it says hang on a moment while we sign in and it wont let me sign in please im desperate i talked to support...
  3. Why does my Xbox say I'm in game chat when I'm in party chat

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why does my Xbox say I'm in game chat when I'm in party chat: It all started today, I was gonna play L4D2 with my friends when I couldn't hear anyone, my pfp in the party was dark and I couldn't hear anybody. Can someone help please?...
  4. why does my xbox series show no wireless network and say that there is a problem with the...

in XBoX on Consoles
    why does my xbox series show no wireless network and say that there is a problem with the...: a moment I reset my xbox and when it said to connect to a wireless network nothing was displayed so I tried to connect it via an ethernet cable it worked but when updating the xbox so that it is...
  5. Why does my Xbox profile have to suck now?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my Xbox profile have to suck now?: My avatar hasn't displayed on my profile for months. Xbox changed the way they store items you had in your activity feed as a money grab to get PC users to buy into their Office products,...
  6. Why does the standalone Xbox program keep telling me I need Xbox Game Bar just for voice chat?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why does the standalone Xbox program keep telling me I need Xbox Game Bar just for voice chat?: In attempting to play with Xbox-owning friends, I thought Microsoft would have had a simple, streamlined program for voice chat between P.C. and Xbox users. It doesn't seem like that's the case....
  7. why does my xbox gamepass subscription say its active even tho it expired a day ago and...

in XboX Insiders
    why does my xbox gamepass subscription say its active even tho it expired a day ago and...: i tried to redeem a code but it said i have to eait til my gamepass expires submitted by /u/Willing-Gas-9895 [link] [comments]
  8. Uhmm why does my downloads stop on GTA 5 at like 30 gigabytes

in XBoX on Windows
    Uhmm why does my downloads stop on GTA 5 at like 30 gigabytes: Every time I download gta 5 it says download has stopped d4fffb6b-187e-4fb2-a8c6-562ce7b7df53
  9. Why does my youtube app keep glitching when playing videos but not commercials?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my youtube app keep glitching when playing videos but not commercials?: My youtube keeps freezing but all my other apps and games are running just fine. I've cleared the saved date. There are no updates. And there are no updates needed for my Xbox....
  10. Why does my Xbox freeze after installing a game?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why does my Xbox freeze after installing a game?: I have an Xbox One S and I downloaded a game yesterday. It was queued up for installation before I turned off the Xbox. Now, when I try to start anything, an error pops up saying the app was...