why does my ping spike when using my controller i am using a wired powera fusion pro 3 and...

Discus and support why does my ping spike when using my controller i am using a wired powera fusion pro 3 and... in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; very bad ping spikes when using powera fusion pro 3 wired controller it also happens on ps5 controller and xbox one controller but it doesn't happen... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Team Processor, Sep 16, 2023.

1. why does my ping spike when using my controller i am using a wired powera fusion pro 3 and...

very bad ping spikes when using powera fusion pro 3 wired controller it also happens on ps5 controller and xbox one controller but it doesn't happen when using mouse or keyboard its so annoying please help.

:)

Team Processor, Sep 16, 2023
  2. DBurleson Win User

"I find the lack of your Elite Controller disturbing."

PowerA JUST released a competitor to the Elite Controller called the FUSION Pro. It is half the price of the Elite Controller, doesn't look as "cool" and it is Wired. I know how you kids love your wireless devices. "Turn on my Xbox with my controller???
    That is for CHUMPS!"

But seriously I'll tell you what sold me on it. My wife bought a wired PowerA controller 3 weeks ago so my daughter could play games with me. It has a 10ft cable and upon trying it out the controller instantly felt better than the standard Xbox One controllers.
    The PowerA was slightly bigger, the sticks were stiffer and not "sunken in" like the X1's. I play Elite Dangerous and using the PowerA I fell more in control of my ship. In fact I tried using the wireless X1 to play Elite Dangerous last night and every time
    I press the bumper buttons and the Dpad I felt like I was going to break it. The face buttons are NOT as fancy, the clear rounded X1 face button are nice...looking...but thats about it.

I will definitely try this one out.
    http://www.gamestop.com/xbox-one/accessories/xbox-one-fusion-pro-wired-controller/123712?cid=fds_10000777&CAWELAID=120192760000030779&CAGPSPN=pla&catargetid=120192760000015272&cadevice=c&gclid=CjwKEAjwh8exBRDyyqqH9pvf1ncSJAAu4OE3OLTay3I3ZKPw31c_H4uJ4ONiyT_7PyySxuyXY-v_hxoCKz7w_wcB

Dat URL doe
  3. Fatima_J Win User

why does my ping spike when using my controller i am using a wired powera fusion pro 3 and this also happens on other controllers but it doesn't happen when i use a mouse or anything else?

Hi Team Processor

Thank you for posting to the Microsoft community.

I understand that you are experiencing ping spikes when using your wired PowerA Fusion Pro 3 controller, as well as other controllers, but not when using a mouse or keyboard. I can definitely help you with this issue.

Firstly, it's important to note that ping spikes can be caused by a variety of factors, including network congestion, server issues, and hardware problems. However, since you mentioned that the issue only occurs when using a controller, it's likely that the issue is related to the controller itself.

Here are some steps you can take to troubleshoot and fix the issue:

• Check your network connection: Run a ping test on your computer to see your ping to a particular server. For example, you can try it with Google’s 8.8.8.8 to see whether the connection between your computer and that specific Google address is smooth 1. Knowing how to run a basic ping test is an essential step in fixing ping spikes on your computer.
    • Update your drivers: Make sure that the drivers for your controller are up-to-date and installed correctly. You can download the latest drivers from the manufacturer’s website 2.

• Disable power-saving mode: If you’re using a laptop, make sure that power-saving mode is disabled for your network adapter.
    • Disable network throttling: Disable network throttling index on your Windows 4.
    • Check for network congestion: Check if there are any other devices on your network that might be hogging bandwidth.
    • Try a different USB port: Try plugging the controller into a different USB port on your computer.
    • Try a different controller: If possible, try using a different controller to see if the issue persists.

I hope these steps help you resolve the issue with ping spikes when using your wired PowerA Fusion Pro 3 controller.

If none of these steps resolve the issue, it's possible that there may be a hardware problem with your controller. In this case, I recommend contacting the manufacturer for further assistance.

I hope this information helps you resolve the issue with your controller. If you have any further questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to ask.

Truly Yours,

Fatima

Microsoft Moderator
  4. MarshallCouch Win User

Xbox Series X Controller Disconnecting from PC USB Wired. Windows 11.

I recently started having this same issue with Windows 11. I'm using a PowerA Fusion Pro 2 Wired controller. Sometimes a button will get stuck on disconnect. Looks like the light stays on the controller like it's still connected.
  5. Fatima_J Win User

why does my ping spike when using my controller i am using a wired powera fusion pro 3 and this also happens on other controllers but it doesn't happen when i use a mouse or anything else?

Hello!

We haven't heard from you in 72 hours, so we assume that your issue has already been resolved. We will not be monitoring this thread moving forward so, if you need further assistance, please create a new thread to discuss these concerns by clicking this link: Create a new question or start a discussion (microsoft.com)

Thank you for your understanding.

Respectfully,

Fatima J

Microsoft Moderator
  6. J.R.G. Win User

"I find the lack of your Elite Controller disturbing."

PowerA JUST released a competitor to the Elite Controller called the FUSION Pro. It is half the price of the Elite Controller, doesn't look as "cool" and it is Wired.
    I would seriously stop playing video games if they went back to wired controllers. It's also part of the reason I prefer X Box controllers over the PS4; if the battery dies on the PS4 controller when I'm playing, it gets turned off even in the middle of
    a game. I never, ever, ever, want to play using a wired controller. -_- Lol.

Peace, J.R.
Thema:

why does my ping spike when using my controller i am using a wired powera fusion pro 3 and...

1. why does my ping spike when using my controller i am using a wired powera fusion pro 3 and... - Similar Threads - why does ping

2. why does my account keeps sign out on its own when i try to log in

in XBoX on Windows
    why does my account keeps sign out on its own when i try to log in: Why does everytime i try to log onto my xbox account on xbox.com and i put my password it says hang on a moment while we sign in and it wont let me sign in please im desperate i talked to support...
  3. Why does my Xbox say I'm in game chat when I'm in party chat

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why does my Xbox say I'm in game chat when I'm in party chat: It all started today, I was gonna play L4D2 with my friends when I couldn't hear anyone, my pfp in the party was dark and I couldn't hear anybody. Can someone help please?...
  4. why does my xbox series show no wireless network and say that there is a problem with the...

in XBoX on Consoles
    why does my xbox series show no wireless network and say that there is a problem with the...: a moment I reset my xbox and when it said to connect to a wireless network nothing was displayed so I tried to connect it via an ethernet cable it worked but when updating the xbox so that it is...
  5. Why does my Xbox profile have to suck now?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my Xbox profile have to suck now?: My avatar hasn't displayed on my profile for months. Xbox changed the way they store items you had in your activity feed as a money grab to get PC users to buy into their Office products,...
  6. Why does the standalone Xbox program keep telling me I need Xbox Game Bar just for voice chat?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why does the standalone Xbox program keep telling me I need Xbox Game Bar just for voice chat?: In attempting to play with Xbox-owning friends, I thought Microsoft would have had a simple, streamlined program for voice chat between P.C. and Xbox users. It doesn't seem like that's the case....
  7. why does my xbox gamepass subscription say its active even tho it expired a day ago and...

in XboX Insiders
    why does my xbox gamepass subscription say its active even tho it expired a day ago and...: i tried to redeem a code but it said i have to eait til my gamepass expires submitted by /u/Willing-Gas-9895 [link] [comments]
  8. Uhmm why does my downloads stop on GTA 5 at like 30 gigabytes

in XBoX on Windows
    Uhmm why does my downloads stop on GTA 5 at like 30 gigabytes: Every time I download gta 5 it says download has stopped d4fffb6b-187e-4fb2-a8c6-562ce7b7df53
  9. Why does my youtube app keep glitching when playing videos but not commercials?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my youtube app keep glitching when playing videos but not commercials?: My youtube keeps freezing but all my other apps and games are running just fine. I've cleared the saved date. There are no updates. And there are no updates needed for my Xbox....
  10. Why does my Xbox freeze after installing a game?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why does my Xbox freeze after installing a game?: I have an Xbox One S and I downloaded a game yesterday. It was queued up for installation before I turned off the Xbox. Now, when I try to start anything, an error pops up saying the app was...