Why does my party say that “sorry, voice and text chat aren’t available right now. Try...

Discus and support Why does my party say that “sorry, voice and text chat aren’t available right now. Try... in XBoX Rewards & Social to solve the problem; Why does my party say that “sorry, voice and text chat aren’t available right now. Try joining the party again a while later.” It’s really annoying as... Discussion in 'XBoX Rewards & Social' started by Harry Blanchard, Dec 7, 2023.

1. Why does my party say that “sorry, voice and text chat aren’t available right now. Try...

Why does my party say that “sorry, voice and text chat aren’t available right now. Try joining the party again a while later.” It’s really annoying as I was playing with my mates, then the Xbox servers went down, not letting me make or join a party. This also disabled the servers for the game I was playing ‘Rainbow 6 Siege’. This is really Annoying and depressing, so can someone please tell me how to fix this. I am positive that I am not the only person with this problem. Any help would be much appreciated

:)

Harry Blanchard, Dec 7, 2023
  2. Kathy A. Win User

Why does my party say that “sorry, voice and text chat aren’t available right now. Try joining the party again a while later.”

Hello Harry,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

We understand that you're experiencing issues with your Xbox party chat. It's possible that the Xbox Live servers are currently experiencing issues, which can cause disruptions to party chat and other online features. We would like to ask for details about your concern:

1. Can you still play other games in your console? Are you getting an error message about the network issue?
    2. What is the status of your Xbox Network? Please take a screenshot of the Xbox Network.

To check the status of Xbox Live servers, you can visit this link: Xbox Support.

If the servers are not down, you can try a few troubleshooting steps to see if they help resolve the issue.

Restart your router:

• Unplug your router from the power source for 30 seconds, then plug it back in and wait for it to fully restart.

Check for updates:

• Make sure your console is up to date by going to Settings > System > Updates.

Clear your cache:

• Press and hold the power button on your console for 10 seconds to fully power it off.
    • Then unplug the power cord from the back of the console and wait 30 seconds before plugging it back in and turning it on.

For Network troubleshooting, please check this support article for steps: Troubleshoot NAT errors and multiplayer game issues | Xbox Support.

If issue persists, please let us know the answers to our questions above.

Sincerely,

Microsoft Community Moderator
  3. Kathy A. Win User

Why does my party say that “sorry, voice and text chat aren’t available right now. Try joining the party again a while later.”

Good day!

We haven't heard from you, so we assume that your issue has already been addressed. We will not be monitoring this thread moving forward so, if you need further assistance, please create a new thread to discuss these concerns by clicking this link: Create a new question (microsoft.com).

Thank you for your understanding.

Respectfully,

Microsoft Community Moderator
  4. XBF John Win User

Sorry, Voice and Text chat aren’t available [0x800C0005]

Hello,

I am going to look into your error code. I did find this page in regards to it on our support site however it is not clear if you are on Xbox One or Xbox Series X|S, so if you could clarify that would be awesome.

If you could do me a favor an go through these steps to ensure your NAT connection is solid. I understand that this is an issue with you party chat function, though it is not a multiplayer game it uses your network connection as well. Of course I will pass on the normal rigamarole: Make sure you Xbox is updated to the latest update, and double check with your provider that your router is not the source of this connection issue.

Best Regards,

5. LantzJones Win User

Forgot to mention it also does not allow me to change any privacy settings, nor can I manually swap my online status it always says "something went wrong, try again later." I have literally done everything I can from my end before blaming Xbox but at this point its 100 percent something on Xbox's end. I even wasted $200 plus dollars on new internet hardware just to be sure. This is the first time I have ever been on the ball about getting a new console and now i regret it because i can't even properly enjoy it.
  6. XBF John Win User

Hello,

After some investigation it looks like this issue, at the time was due to an outage. You shouldn't see any issues with this error currently. If so please let us know.

Thank you,

Thema:

Why does my party say that “sorry, voice and text chat aren’t available right now. Try...

1. Why does my party say that “sorry, voice and text chat aren’t available right now. Try... - Similar Threads - Why does party

2. Why does my Xbox say I'm in game chat when I'm in party chat

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why does my Xbox say I'm in game chat when I'm in party chat: It all started today, I was gonna play L4D2 with my friends when I couldn't hear anyone, my pfp in the party was dark and I couldn't hear anybody. Can someone help please?...
  3. Why does the Xbox game bar not let me talk to my friends in a party.

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why does the Xbox game bar not let me talk to my friends in a party.: I'm not able to talk to my friends in a party chat while I'm on computer It pops up a message that states this "Background apps permissions for Xbox are turned off. Other may not be able to hear...
  4. Why does it say my account cannot access parties on xbox?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why does it say my account cannot access parties on xbox?: Exactly what the title says, I checked all my privacy and online safety settings and everything is set to open, I do not have any ban or suspensions currently. 979bf13d-512d-49eb-ae51-fcc3ca1f9b54
  5. Why does rainbow six seige kick me out of the entire game when i am partied up with friends...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why does rainbow six seige kick me out of the entire game when i am partied up with friends...: Every match that we start lets me pick my operator for round 1 and then kicks me out of the game. I then have to start up the game and reconnect to the game is was just in and then i can play the...
  6. Why does it Kick me from my XboX live party, when I make a Looking For Group (LFG) post?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why does it Kick me from my XboX live party, when I make a Looking For Group (LFG) post?: So for the past 2-3 days, whenever I post a looking for group post in a party, as soon as I go back into the menu using the hone button, the party tab just says "party encountered an error" and I...
  7. Why does it say party chat is blocked when I try to join a party

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why does it say party chat is blocked when I try to join a party: I was just in a party at 5am and now it says party chat is blocked 1cde700d-56af-40d8-8c86-1bea77ff808d
  8. Why does my game audio sound bad when in a party?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why does my game audio sound bad when in a party?: Every time I join a Xbox party on my pc it makes my game audio sound distorted and choppy. I first ran into this problem on Fortnite, when I joined my friends Xbox party it completely switched up...
  9. Why does use of Xbox Party Chat via Xbox Game bar mute all OTHER audio?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why does use of Xbox Party Chat via Xbox Game bar mute all OTHER audio?: I discovered this issue a few days ago, with no success in fixing it. Whenever I join a party with my friends through PC (Windows 10), the only audio left is their voices. I am usually playing...
  10. Why does Microsoft Allow 3rd party companies to sell crappy controllers?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why does Microsoft Allow 3rd party companies to sell crappy controllers?: As much as I have been behind Microsoft. I think they are doing the gaming community an injustice by allowing their patent to be used by 3rd part companies that create controllers made to last...