Why does my new series X keep crashing randomly when playing games?

Discus and support Why does my new series X keep crashing randomly when playing games? in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I only got my Series X yesterday, it is refurbished and bought from the gamestore but I'm genuinely confused as to why it keeps doing this. I could be... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Jai Feather, Aug 30, 2023.

1. Jai Feather
    Jai Feather Guest

I only got my Series X yesterday, it is refurbished and bought from the gamestore but I'm genuinely confused as to why it keeps doing this. I could be in the middle of playing something and the screen will freeze, you will hear the game's audio continuing for a little longer and then freeze all together, then im lead to a black screen then back to the home screen.

I thought this might of been because it was doing like 13 downloads all at once but that isn't the case anymore because they have all completed, so far it has happened with GTA V and Goat Simulator 3, I played Ark and it was fine, I'm just a little confused on whats going on-

And yes I have restarted my xbox, if anything this is possibly a network issue which i generally do have but I just want to see possibly what others thing.

:)

Jai Feather, Aug 30, 2023
  2. Lavenia A. Win User

Hi Jai Feather,

We haven't heard from you, so we assume that your issue has already been addressed. We will not be monitoring this thread moving forward so, if you need further assistance, please create a new thread to discuss these concerns by clicking this link: Create a new question or start a discussion (microsoft.com)

Thank you for understanding.

Kind regards,

Lavenia
  3. Lavenia A. Win User

Hi Jai Feather,

Thank you for reaching Microsoft Community. We're sorry for the trouble this has caused you.

I am aware of the problem you're having with your new Xbox Series X that keeps crashing randomly. There could be several reasons for this issue, such as, software glitches, system bugs, or corrupt data file. Allow me to ask some questions.

• May I know when did this started?
    • Did you get any error message?

You may try the following steps below to troubleshoot your issue.

Force restarts the console.

1. Turn off your console by holding the Xbox button on the front of the console for approximately 10 seconds. The console will turn off.
    2. Turn your console back on by pressing the Xbox button on the console or the Xbox button on your controller.

If you don't see the green boot-up animation when the console restarts, repeat these steps. Make sure that you hold the power button until the console completely shuts down.

For more details, see How to restart or power cycle your Xbox console | Xbox Support.

Test your Network connection.

A network connection issue can sometimes affect gameplay. Here’s how to test your Xbox connection:

1. Press the Xbox button  to open the guide.
    2. Select Profile & system > Settings > General > Network settings.

Note Any outages will appear under Current Network Status.
    3. On the Network settings screen, select Test network connection. If the connection test is successful, your console will connect to the Xbox service.

Note If you're prompted to update your console software, select Yes.
    If this step didn’t work, see: Troubleshoot your Xbox network connection | Xbox Support.

Try using a different profile.

Sometimes gameplay can be affected by corrupted profile data on your Xbox console. To see if this is the case, try playing the same game using a different profile on your console.

1. Press the Xbox button  to open the guide.
    2. Select Profile & system, and then select Add or switch.
    3. Select a profile other than the one you were previously using.
    Remove and re-add your profile.

1. Press the Xbox button to open the guide.
    2. Select Profile & system > Settings > Account > Remove accounts.
    3. Select the account you want to remove (the one that’s experiencing the gameplay issue), and then select Remove.

Now download your profile again to create a fresh version of your profile data:

1. Press the Xbox button to open the guide.
    2. Select Profile & system, select Add or switch, and then select Add new.
    3. Type in the email address and password that you use to access your Microsoft account (the same account you just removed).

Important Make sure that you do not select Get a new account unless that’s what you want to do. If you select Get a new account, you will create a brand-new Microsoft account.
    4. Follow the prompts as the console walks you through account setup steps such as privacy info, sign-in, and color preferences until you return to the Home screen.

Once you have completed the process of re-creating your profile on the Xbox console and have returned to the Home screen, try to play your game again.

The troubleshooting process can be found at Troubleshoot game issues on Xbox | Xbox Support.

Kind regards,

Lavenia
  4. Jai Feather Win User

Hey, I got this Xbox tuesday and it started the second I started opening games, I get absolutely no error codes, just a frozen screen with game audio still playing, then it freezes all together then i get a black screen then sent to home.

I have tried force restarting it but that didn't help either.

Currently its not letting me into games at all, just lets me get to the menu then freezes, I also did a network connection and everything is fine.
  5. Lavenia A. Win User

I appreciate you for responding back. You may also try to Run the System File Checker to check if there are corrupted system files that are just looping around causing this kind of issue to exist.

1. In the search box on the taskbar, type command prompt, and right-click or press and hold Command Prompt (Desktop app) from the list of results. Select Run as administrator, and then selectYes.
    2. Type DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth (note the space before each "/"), and then press Enter. (Note: This step may take a few minutes to start and complete.)
    3. After you see a message that says "The operation completed successfully," type sfc /scannow (note the space between "sfc" and "/") and press Enter.
    4. After you see a message that says, "Verification 100% complete," type exit and press Enter.

And perform a clean boot and see if it makes any changes. See How to perform a clean boot in Windows - Microsoft Support.
  6. William Oseen Win User

Xbox series x keeps crashing during mid-game while playing destiny 2.

Yeah I did all that......I even looked up a video on YouTube to restart my series X but keep all my games and apps but it still crashes on me. So yeah I'm gonna have to get a hold of bungie and figure out why their game keeps crashing on my Xbox when no other game does that. Well thanks for the help, hopefully they can help me because I really don't feel like spending another $500 for a new Xbox......
Thema:

1. Why does my new series X keep crashing randomly when playing games? - Similar Threads - Why does series

2. why does my xbox series show no wireless network and say that there is a problem with the...

in XBoX on Consoles
    why does my xbox series show no wireless network and say that there is a problem with the...: a moment I reset my xbox and when it said to connect to a wireless network nothing was displayed so I tried to connect it via an ethernet cable it worked but when updating the xbox so that it is...
  3. Why does my xbox series x Green screen and then crash mid game?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my xbox series x Green screen and then crash mid game?: Everytime i game my console freezes, hoes to a green screen and then crashes. Any idea why this is happening? It isn’t just one game it happens on call of duty & Fortnite. Started happening...
  4. Why does my xbox series X randomly disconnect from my wireless internet connection?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my xbox series X randomly disconnect from my wireless internet connection?: I dont know how to fix this issue and tried many of the troubleshooting tips but when on my xbox series X sometimes randomly it will completely disconnect from my wireless internet connection and...
  5. Why does my Xbox series x keeps on saying installation stopped when I'm installing doom...

in XBoX on Windows
    Why does my Xbox series x keeps on saying installation stopped when I'm installing doom...: I got Doom Eternal from Gamestop, and it keeps saying the installation stopped for the past three days. I have tried clearing local saved games but that did not work, I tried restarting,...
  6. Why does my series x do this

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my series x do this: since i got my series x whenever i turn it on and on the home screen it says connect to the xbox network after 10 to 30 seconds it connects by itself. Is this normal?...
  7. Why does Microsoft false advertise the Xbox series s?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does Microsoft false advertise the Xbox series s?: Why was the series s advertised with 512GB when in reality 112 of the 512 is used for god knows what and you don’t get a choice in that. But when you turn on the console and go into storage that’s...
  8. Why does my xbox series x shut down everytime I try to play the matrix demo .

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my xbox series x shut down everytime I try to play the matrix demo .: Why..... is the question ... what is real how do you define real...(that's where is shuts off haha) Everytime i try to play the matrix demo my console shuts down there's a green screen for a split...
  9. Why does the Xbox series X lose WiFi connection capability when the console power shuts off?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why does the Xbox series X lose WiFi connection capability when the console power shuts off?: Hello, I bought the series X last week and I have had constant issues with Xbox not connecting to the WiFi, after it was set up, when I start the system. Absolutely nothing changes. The system...
  10. why does my xbox series x controller keep disconnected

in XBoX on Consoles
    why does my xbox series x controller keep disconnected: my xbox series x controller keeps disconnecting i changed the batteries i couldnt resync the controller until i turned off the power supply but took about 2 minutes and the controller again...