Why does my laptop download stuff 10x faster than my gaming pc?

Discus and support Why does my laptop download stuff 10x faster than my gaming pc? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; i got max 3mb p/s download speed with and avg of around 2 on my pc yet 20+ on my laptop. my laptop is a LENOVO_MT_20R6_BU_Think_FM_ThinkPad L13 Yoga... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Robson Mcgee, Dec 7, 2023.

1. Robson Mcgee
    Robson Mcgee Guest

i got max 3mb p/s download speed with and avg of around 2 on my pc yet 20+ on my laptop.

my laptop is a LENOVO_MT_20R6_BU_Think_FM_ThinkPad L13 Yoga

and the wifi adapter thing for my pc is 300mbps wireless adapter idk all the parts but i can try and figure it out if needed

:)

Robson Mcgee, Dec 7, 2023
  2. Hoskayra Win User

Hi Robson, my name is Oskayra it is my pleasure to answer your question.

The reason is that your laptop has a faster Wi-Fi adapter than your gaming computer. Your laptop's Wi-Fi adapter is a 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz model, which means it can connect to Wi-Fi networks on both bands. In contrast, your gaming computer's Wi-Fi adapter only supports the 2.4 GHz band.

The 2.4 GHz band is more common and has a longer range than the 5 GHz band. However, it is also more congested, which can affect download speeds. The 5 GHz band is less congested and can offer faster download speeds.

To fix this you have to buy a more advanced wifi adapter or try using the ethernet cable connection.

I hope my answer has clarified your doubts and has been useful, if so let me know, remember that your answer is important to me. If you have any other problem do not hesitate to contact me.

Best Regards, Oskayra
  3. M'taler Win User

Download Speed

I already am connected to Ethernet, it's my laptop who is in WIFI.

I know that WIFi is less "powerfull" than ethernet that why i'm surprise that my laptop in WIFI is faster than my Xbox in Ethernet.
  4. gameshoes3003 Win User

best indie games?

Faster Than Light.

Yes, it's a PC game, but there's no way your PC/laptop can't run this game.
  5. UnyoBro Win User

best indie games?

[quote user="gameshoes3003"]

Faster Than Light.

Yes, it's a PC game, but there's no way your PC/laptop can't run this game.

[/quote]

That is a surprisingly good game. Don't Starve is also awesome, plus it comes with TF2 promos.
  6. Hassan Singer Win User

A question.. then some ranting.. read if you like

Really, PC is the way to go, why? At least all this drm and console wars and stuff, won't matter, of is so far superior, I built a laptop for my uncle, a gaming laptop it already destroys both the ps4 and Xbox in power and they ain't even out yet.
Thema:

1. Why does my laptop download stuff 10x faster than my gaming pc? - Similar Threads - Why does laptop

2. why does my account keeps sign out on its own when i try to log in

in XBoX on Windows
    why does my account keeps sign out on its own when i try to log in: Why does everytime i try to log onto my xbox account on xbox.com and i put my password it says hang on a moment while we sign in and it wont let me sign in please im desperate i talked to support...
  3. Why does my Xbox say I'm in game chat when I'm in party chat

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why does my Xbox say I'm in game chat when I'm in party chat: It all started today, I was gonna play L4D2 with my friends when I couldn't hear anyone, my pfp in the party was dark and I couldn't hear anybody. Can someone help please?...
  4. why does my xbox series show no wireless network and say that there is a problem with the...

in XBoX on Consoles
    why does my xbox series show no wireless network and say that there is a problem with the...: a moment I reset my xbox and when it said to connect to a wireless network nothing was displayed so I tried to connect it via an ethernet cable it worked but when updating the xbox so that it is...
  5. Why does my Xbox profile have to suck now?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my Xbox profile have to suck now?: My avatar hasn't displayed on my profile for months. Xbox changed the way they store items you had in your activity feed as a money grab to get PC users to buy into their Office products,...
  6. Why does my XBOX hdmi work on my laptop but not my TV?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my XBOX hdmi work on my laptop but not my TV?: I've tried 2 different HDMI cords AND 2 different TVS. Neither of them are showing signal for HDMI 1 or 2. It was working just fine yesterday morning and then it just stopped working out of...
  7. Why does roblox crash my laptop?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why does roblox crash my laptop?: My roblox was working just fine, but from not too long ago, I can't play it because after just getting to the login screen, after some seconds, it gives my laptop a bluescreen or it just resets...
  8. Why does roblox crash my laptop?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why does roblox crash my laptop?: My roblox was working just fine, but from not too long ago, I can't play it because after just getting to the login screen, after some seconds, it gives my laptop a bluescreen or it just resets...
  9. Why does my laptop disconnect from charger while playing a game?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why does my laptop disconnect from charger while playing a game?: I've gotten a new laptop charger and every time I try to play a specific game, Teardown, it disconnects from the charger. It disconnects for a few seconds, slowing the game in the process. It does...
  10. Why does The Microsoft version of Roblox thinks im on mobile even though I play on laptop...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why does The Microsoft version of Roblox thinks im on mobile even though I play on laptop...: Although my screen is a touch pad, I dont use it for gaming. It's giving me mobile buttons on the screen (run button, punch buttom, etc) and I cant get rid of them. But on the normal Roblox app...