Why does my laptop disconnect from charger while playing a game?

Discus and support Why does my laptop disconnect from charger while playing a game? in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I've gotten a new laptop charger and every time I try to play a specific game, Teardown, it disconnects from the charger. It disconnects for a few... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Will Smith9, Oct 4, 2023.

1. Will Smith9
    Will Smith9 Guest

I've gotten a new laptop charger and every time I try to play a specific game, Teardown, it disconnects from the charger. It disconnects for a few seconds, slowing the game in the process. It does this about every 30 seconds. This ends up making the game unplayable as my laptop lags every time the charger disconnects.

:)

Will Smith9, Oct 4, 2023
  2. kyle_m4496 Win User

Unfortunately, I don't have any further troubleshooting or advice to offer. I recommend getting in touch with your laptop's manufacturer for assistance.

Thanks,
    Kyle
  3. Will Smith9 Win User

Thank you very much for the response, however my laptop is already fully charged when I play. The original question has been amended to reflect this.
  4. kyle_m4496 Win User

Hi Will. My name is Kyle and I'm an independent advisor.

This can happen if your laptop is consuming more power than the battery can supply, so it uses power from the wall instead. It could also be because the charger can't supply enough power to the laptop when it's under high power usage.

I'd recommend getting in touch with your laptop manufacturer regarding this, they should be able to clarify what's happening here.
  5. alexandre huriez Win User

Hello, i have the same problem, how did it go for you?
  6. Nkosana23 Win User

Hi. My name is Brilliant and I am happy to assist you today.

The high heat generated by device components is one of the significant reasons a laptop slows down when charging. You may try charging your laptop fully before playing games. When full, you can then launch your game while the charger is still connected.

I hope this helps resolve your query.
Thema:

1. Why does my laptop disconnect from charger while playing a game? - Similar Threads - Why does laptop

2. why does my account keeps sign out on its own when i try to log in

in XBoX on Windows
    why does my account keeps sign out on its own when i try to log in: Why does everytime i try to log onto my xbox account on xbox.com and i put my password it says hang on a moment while we sign in and it wont let me sign in please im desperate i talked to support...
  3. Why does my Xbox say I'm in game chat when I'm in party chat

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why does my Xbox say I'm in game chat when I'm in party chat: It all started today, I was gonna play L4D2 with my friends when I couldn't hear anyone, my pfp in the party was dark and I couldn't hear anybody. Can someone help please?...
  4. why does my xbox series show no wireless network and say that there is a problem with the...

in XBoX on Consoles
    why does my xbox series show no wireless network and say that there is a problem with the...: a moment I reset my xbox and when it said to connect to a wireless network nothing was displayed so I tried to connect it via an ethernet cable it worked but when updating the xbox so that it is...
  5. Why does my Xbox profile have to suck now?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my Xbox profile have to suck now?: My avatar hasn't displayed on my profile for months. Xbox changed the way they store items you had in your activity feed as a money grab to get PC users to buy into their Office products,...
  6. Why does my XBOX hdmi work on my laptop but not my TV?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my XBOX hdmi work on my laptop but not my TV?: I've tried 2 different HDMI cords AND 2 different TVS. Neither of them are showing signal for HDMI 1 or 2. It was working just fine yesterday morning and then it just stopped working out of...
  7. Why does roblox crash my laptop?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why does roblox crash my laptop?: My roblox was working just fine, but from not too long ago, I can't play it because after just getting to the login screen, after some seconds, it gives my laptop a bluescreen or it just resets...
  8. Why does roblox crash my laptop?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why does roblox crash my laptop?: My roblox was working just fine, but from not too long ago, I can't play it because after just getting to the login screen, after some seconds, it gives my laptop a bluescreen or it just resets...
  9. Why does my laptop download stuff 10x faster than my gaming pc?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my laptop download stuff 10x faster than my gaming pc?: i got max 3mb p/s download speed with and avg of around 2 on my pc yet 20+ on my laptop. my laptop is a LENOVO_MT_20R6_BU_Think_FM_ThinkPad L13 Yoga and the wifi adapter thing for my pc is...
  10. Why does The Microsoft version of Roblox thinks im on mobile even though I play on laptop...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why does The Microsoft version of Roblox thinks im on mobile even though I play on laptop...: Although my screen is a touch pad, I dont use it for gaming. It's giving me mobile buttons on the screen (run button, punch buttom, etc) and I cant get rid of them. But on the normal Roblox app...