why does my keyboard randomly stop working mid game?

Discus and support why does my keyboard randomly stop working mid game? in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; for some reason for the last few days my keyboard will randomly stop working 5 minutes after I just started playing, when I unplug my keyboard and plug... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Caleb Daggett, May 5, 2023.

1. why does my keyboard randomly stop working mid game?

for some reason for the last few days my keyboard will randomly stop working 5 minutes after I just started playing, when I unplug my keyboard and plug it back in it works again for another 5 minutes before it stops working again. I don't want to have to do this 200 times in an hour while playing, is there anything I can do to make it stay working for longer? I tried full power restarting my console, but it still does it. this is a new issue as it has just started doing it this week.

:)

Caleb Daggett, May 5, 2023
  2. Caleb Daggett Win User

I do not own a second keyboard, and i am not part of the insider program

3. WattyNuela Win User

Hi Caleb, this is Manuela. I'm an Independent Advisor ready to assist you with this

But before that please tell me:

With what game are you facing this problem, or is this happening with all the games where the keyboard is supported?
    Also, may I know if you tried connecting the keyboard on a different port to see if something changes?
    What procedures you tried to fix this besides the one described in your post?
    And may I know if you're part of the Xbox insider program?
  4. WattyNuela Win User

Thanks for sharing that Caleb, and what about testing a different keyboard?

That can help us to isolate the problem a bit

And I want to ask you, may I know if you're part of the Xbox insider program?
  5. WattyNuela Win User

I understand, Caleb in this case you can try performing an offline update for your console
    Usually this option is recommended when the regular factory reset option doesn't work

You can find all the detailed steps and files to be downloaded visiting this link
    https://support.xbox.com/help/hardware-network/...

If maybe the offline update doesn't work I can recommend you to report this problem to the Xbox team, in that way they're going to be aware of the issue and solve it as soon as possible

You can see all the instructions in the link below
    https://support.xbox.com/help/account-profile/m...
  6. Caleb Daggett Win User

I first noticed it happening on terraria, but then it was also happening to me today on COD modern warfare 2. all three ports on my console give me the same issue and it is still happening to me after completely factory restarting my console. for some reason it is only the games that can use keyboard that have this problem. the xbox menus themself and all my apps are completely safe from this issue.
Thema:

1. why does my keyboard randomly stop working mid game? - Similar Threads - why does keyboard

2. why does my account keeps sign out on its own when i try to log in

in XBoX on Windows
    why does my account keeps sign out on its own when i try to log in: Why does everytime i try to log onto my xbox account on xbox.com and i put my password it says hang on a moment while we sign in and it wont let me sign in please im desperate i talked to support...
  3. Why does my Xbox say I'm in game chat when I'm in party chat

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why does my Xbox say I'm in game chat when I'm in party chat: It all started today, I was gonna play L4D2 with my friends when I couldn't hear anyone, my pfp in the party was dark and I couldn't hear anybody. Can someone help please?...
  4. why does my xbox series show no wireless network and say that there is a problem with the...

in XBoX on Consoles
    why does my xbox series show no wireless network and say that there is a problem with the...: a moment I reset my xbox and when it said to connect to a wireless network nothing was displayed so I tried to connect it via an ethernet cable it worked but when updating the xbox so that it is...
  5. Why does my Xbox profile have to suck now?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my Xbox profile have to suck now?: My avatar hasn't displayed on my profile for months. Xbox changed the way they store items you had in your activity feed as a money grab to get PC users to buy into their Office products,...
  6. Why does the standalone Xbox program keep telling me I need Xbox Game Bar just for voice chat?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why does the standalone Xbox program keep telling me I need Xbox Game Bar just for voice chat?: In attempting to play with Xbox-owning friends, I thought Microsoft would have had a simple, streamlined program for voice chat between P.C. and Xbox users. It doesn't seem like that's the case....
  7. Why does it take a moment for one of my keyboard keys to stop registering after I release it?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does it take a moment for one of my keyboard keys to stop registering after I release it?: I just got a new pc about 2 months ago. I have had this keyboard since my old pc and it is a Ducky One 2 Mini. Basically what has been happening is if im playing a game and let’s say im holding...
  8. Why does my controller have to turn off why I want to play on keyboard and mouse

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why does my controller have to turn off why I want to play on keyboard and mouse: Why does the controller have to have a timed shut off? Please make this an option! It’s really annoying when there are certain times I want to use the controller for a game or if I want to use...
  9. Why does this keyboard pop up when I push the left thumb stick on my Xbox controller?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does this keyboard pop up when I push the left thumb stick on my Xbox controller?: [img] can anyone help me please, I try to play games on my computer with a controller and when I push my thumb stick down it pulls up this keyboard and I can’t find where it comes from * Moved...
  10. Why is my cursor on keyboard and mouse on roblox in xbox does not lock on the center

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why is my cursor on keyboard and mouse on roblox in xbox does not lock on the center: Hi Xbox, i want to report a problem on my xbox, when im playing roblox with my keyboard and mouse plugged in, the problem is when im playing like shooter games on roblox the mouse cursor is not...