Why does my game say installation stopped and won’t let me install it even though I’ve been...

Discus and support Why does my game say installation stopped and won’t let me install it even though I’ve been... in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I try to install the game on my Xbox and everytime I try to install the game it just says installation stopped with out it showing the mbps or anything... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by -Forrest, Dec 10, 2023.

1. -Forrest
    -Forrest Guest

Why does my game say installation stopped and won’t let me install it even though I’ve been...

I try to install the game on my Xbox and everytime I try to install the game it just says installation stopped with out it showing the mbps or anything else it just shows loading and that’s always on 0% does anyone know how to sort this out so I can play the game?

:)

-Forrest, Dec 10, 2023
  2. Belen T.C. Win User

Why does my game say installation stopped and won’t let me install it even though I’ve been playing it for years

Hello -Forrest,

We haven't heard from you in 72 hours, so we will consider your issue resolved. If you do need further help, please create a new thread to discuss your concerns through this link: Create a new question or start a discussion (microsoft.com), as we will not be monitoring this thread going forward.

Thank you for understanding.

Sincerely,

Microsoft Community Moderator
  3. Belen T.C. Win User

Why does my game say installation stopped and won’t let me install it even though I’ve been playing it for years

Hello -Forrest,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

We understand you are having issues with installing games on your Xbox. Let's work on this together and sort this out in timely manner for you to get back to gaming.

This issue could be caused by a number of factors, such as a slow internet connection, console does not have enough storage space or an issue with your Xbox console. Here are a few troubleshooting steps you can try:

- Check your internet connection and make sure it is stable and fast enough to download the game. You can test your network connection by going to Settings > Network > Network settings > Test network connection on your console.

- Check your storage space and make sure you have enough free space to install the game. You can manage your storage by going to Settings > System > Storage on your console. You may need to delete some unused games or apps to free up some space.

- If you are installing from a disc, make sure the disc is clean and has no scratches or cracks. You can clean the disc with a soft cloth and avoid touching the shiny surface. If the disc is damaged, you may need to replace it or contact the retailer for a refund or exchange.

-Reset the Xbox Console. Press the Xbox button  to open the guide.

1. Select Profile & system > Settings > System > Console info.
    2. Select Reset console.
    On the Reset your console? screen, Select Reset and keep my games & apps. Use this option as your primary choice when troubleshooting. It resets the OS and deletes all potentially corrupted data without deleting your games or apps.

- If you are installing from a digital download, make sure the game server and the Xbox Live service are working properly. You can also try the steps on this link: Troubleshoot game or app installation problems on your Xbox console | Xbox Support

We hope these steps help you resolve the issue. Let me know how it goes. Happy gaming!

Sincerely,

Microsoft Community Moderator
  4. Michael Barrera1 Win User

How do I get data back on a game that isn’t installed

But it won’t let me install it, it says installation stopped every time I try to
  5. MykaylaBunch Win User

Sims 4 Stuff Pack Purchase

I’ve done that, but it won’t let me install it. Every time I do, it shows it in the installed and ready to install sections, then when I exit out of that screen, it instantly removes itself from installed.
  6. Braulio 🖤 Win User

when i join or invite someone it says connecting then just kicks me from the party

Same thing is happening to me , our nat types are open and I’ve restarted my router twice. It won’t even let me play games online either , even though i’m connected to my internet
Thema:

1. Why does my game say installation stopped and won’t let me install it even though I’ve been... - Similar Threads - Why does game

2. Why does my Xbox say I'm in game chat when I'm in party chat

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why does my Xbox say I'm in game chat when I'm in party chat: It all started today, I was gonna play L4D2 with my friends when I couldn't hear anyone, my pfp in the party was dark and I couldn't hear anybody. Can someone help please?...
  3. Why does the standalone Xbox program keep telling me I need Xbox Game Bar just for voice chat?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why does the standalone Xbox program keep telling me I need Xbox Game Bar just for voice chat?: In attempting to play with Xbox-owning friends, I thought Microsoft would have had a simple, streamlined program for voice chat between P.C. and Xbox users. It doesn't seem like that's the case....
  4. Why does my Xbox freeze after installing a game?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why does my Xbox freeze after installing a game?: I have an Xbox One S and I downloaded a game yesterday. It was queued up for installation before I turned off the Xbox. Now, when I try to start anything, an error pops up saying the app was...
  5. Why does this keep happening to my ASUS gaming A15?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why does this keep happening to my ASUS gaming A15?: The laptop screen is always extremely dimmed whenever I turn on my ASUS Gaming A15. No matter what I do the screen always remains very dark. But when I reboot the laptop a few times by holding the...
  6. Why does my game have internet connection but says that the Xbox live core services is...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my game have internet connection but says that the Xbox live core services is...: *** Die E-Mail-Adresse wurde aus Datenschutzgründen entfernt. *** c44a4a17-ad3e-499f-9b92-315fa79d69e5
  7. Why does my xbox series x Green screen and then crash mid game?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my xbox series x Green screen and then crash mid game?: Everytime i game my console freezes, hoes to a green screen and then crashes. Any idea why this is happening? It isn’t just one game it happens on call of duty & Fortnite. Started happening...
  8. why cant I queue into a game, and why does gamepass keep popping up and can someone fix this

in XBoX Accessibility
    why cant I queue into a game, and why does gamepass keep popping up and can someone fix this: I previously had the Xbox one s, but yesterday bought the Xbox series s as an upgrade to be able to play ncaa football coming out in July. My issue is that I can no longer play rainbow six siege...
  9. why does my xbox one s take too long to boot and all my games keep crashing

in XBoX on Consoles
    why does my xbox one s take too long to boot and all my games keep crashing: My grandparents bought me an xbox one s and its 2024, the console's time to boot up is over 3 minutes and when it does is brings me to a black screen. Iv'e tried all of the methods and non of...
  10. Why does the Xbox game bar not let me talk to my friends in a party.

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why does the Xbox game bar not let me talk to my friends in a party.: I'm not able to talk to my friends in a party chat while I'm on computer It pops up a message that states this "Background apps permissions for Xbox are turned off. Other may not be able to hear...