Why does my game have to be closed for an update notification?

Discus and support Why does my game have to be closed for an update notification? in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; While this isn't the first time I've had this happen it was arguably the most inconvenient time for it. In the middle of battle in Baldur's Gate 3 on... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by AmeXSB, Dec 15, 2023.

1. AmeXSB
    AmeXSB Guest

While this isn't the first time I've had this happen it was arguably the most inconvenient time for it.

In the middle of battle in Baldur's Gate 3 on my Xbox Series X and I heard a noise so I went to my home screen to hear things clearer.

After I investigating I re open my game to resume to very tricky battle I was in the middle of and the console notification for an update pops up instead. I want to finish my battle for so I hit cancel, and reopen my game. Instead of bringing me back to where I was the notification closed the game and it was no starting from the opening.

Needless to say I'm not happy that I have to redo the whole section just because my game was closed for a prompt. Could this feature be changed to not close a program until the update is being applied, the current setup is not improving my of the console as is and the alternative won't be any less affective either.

:)

AmeXSB, Dec 15, 2023
  2. Deserted Goat Win User

You owe me a Division 2 exotic

Not the point,if you can't see the issue with no warning dcing/closing apps on people on a gaming console is an issue than there is something wrong with you.

Everybody else can see to program a notification saying "updating coming in 30 minutes, save your game" so why can't xbox, a billion dollar corporation, to keep there consumers happy? Even windows updates has one lol.
  3. Lnin0 Win User

Game Updates

Same here. It would be nice if the notifications said 'updated' or something just so you know why suddenly there is a generic toast for a game/app in your notifications.
  4. NYKSPLASH7 Win User

Games keep crashing randomly

No, the game just closes as if i closed it myself. no notification or anything
  5. bunnyranchlobby Win User

Games Hub Notifications don't go away WP8

I want those notifications to come back. I'm having issues with my headset and with the game. No toast notifications, or updates in the games hub...
  6. EternalDragonX Win User

Updates

^^ Or not..... There is an auto update feature which I'm fairly certain doesn't tell you that a game or app was recently updated. I saw Killer Instinct the other day on my Notifications up front and had no idea why it was there.....Update maybe?
Thema:

1. Why does my game have to be closed for an update notification? - Similar Threads - Why does game

2. Why does my Xbox say I'm in game chat when I'm in party chat

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why does my Xbox say I'm in game chat when I'm in party chat: It all started today, I was gonna play L4D2 with my friends when I couldn't hear anyone, my pfp in the party was dark and I couldn't hear anybody. Can someone help please?...
  3. Why does the standalone Xbox program keep telling me I need Xbox Game Bar just for voice chat?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why does the standalone Xbox program keep telling me I need Xbox Game Bar just for voice chat?: In attempting to play with Xbox-owning friends, I thought Microsoft would have had a simple, streamlined program for voice chat between P.C. and Xbox users. It doesn't seem like that's the case....
  4. Why does my Xbox freeze after installing a game?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why does my Xbox freeze after installing a game?: I have an Xbox One S and I downloaded a game yesterday. It was queued up for installation before I turned off the Xbox. Now, when I try to start anything, an error pops up saying the app was...
  5. Why does this keep happening to my ASUS gaming A15?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why does this keep happening to my ASUS gaming A15?: The laptop screen is always extremely dimmed whenever I turn on my ASUS Gaming A15. No matter what I do the screen always remains very dark. But when I reboot the laptop a few times by holding the...
  6. Why does my game have internet connection but says that the Xbox live core services is...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my game have internet connection but says that the Xbox live core services is...: *** Die E-Mail-Adresse wurde aus Datenschutzgründen entfernt. *** c44a4a17-ad3e-499f-9b92-315fa79d69e5
  7. Why does my xbox series x Green screen and then crash mid game?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my xbox series x Green screen and then crash mid game?: Everytime i game my console freezes, hoes to a green screen and then crashes. Any idea why this is happening? It isn’t just one game it happens on call of duty & Fortnite. Started happening...
  8. why cant I queue into a game, and why does gamepass keep popping up and can someone fix this

in XBoX Accessibility
    why cant I queue into a game, and why does gamepass keep popping up and can someone fix this: I previously had the Xbox one s, but yesterday bought the Xbox series s as an upgrade to be able to play ncaa football coming out in July. My issue is that I can no longer play rainbow six siege...
  9. why does my xbox one s take too long to boot and all my games keep crashing

in XBoX on Consoles
    why does my xbox one s take too long to boot and all my games keep crashing: My grandparents bought me an xbox one s and its 2024, the console's time to boot up is over 3 minutes and when it does is brings me to a black screen. Iv'e tried all of the methods and non of...
  10. Why does the Xbox game bar not let me talk to my friends in a party.

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why does the Xbox game bar not let me talk to my friends in a party.: I'm not able to talk to my friends in a party chat while I'm on computer It pops up a message that states this "Background apps permissions for Xbox are turned off. Other may not be able to hear...