Why does my external hard drive keep turning on and off

Discus and support Why does my external hard drive keep turning on and off in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; Don't take this down submitted by /u/human2424 [link] [comments] Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/human2424, Jul 30, 2020.

1. /u/human2424
    /u/human2424 Guest

/u/human2424, Jul 30, 2020
  2. DarkSp1r1tWolf7 Win User

DVR Auto-delete on external hard drive

That does not help but thanks, I'm asking as to how to turn off auto-delete? Why is it deleting clips from my EXTERNAL HARD DRIVE? It shouldn't have the right to do so... I'm just frustrated by this; £60 hard drive and it's not being treated as a seperate
    entity
  3. DogRox1 Win User

How to make external hard drive the main download drive?

okay instant on mode is already off because that's your way to get it to work with external hard drive it's an energy mode right now. And I have to keep the x box on in order for it to download to that hard drive. So you're saying leave the instant on mode
    off and keep it on energy mode, and try to download to the internal hard drive? if it works with the external hard drive then it should work with the internal hard drive doing it that way shouldn't it? Because it does work with the external hard drive with
    it on energy mode
  4. Francia J. Win User

Xbox 360 games not downloading on Xbox One

Do you have an external hard drive plugged into your console? If yes, kindly unplug the external hard drive then perform a powercycle then try to reinstall your games, or check if they will be visible. Keep the external hard drive unplugged.

​​​

POWERCYCLE CONSOLE​​​

​​​

1. Turn off your console by holding the Xbox button on the front of the console for approximately 10 seconds. The console will turn off. ​​​

2. Turn your console back on by pressing the Xbox button on the console or the Xbox button on your controller. ​​​
  5. Francia J. Win User

I am having problems with Full Library and Xbox Store

If you have an external hard drive plugged into your console, please unplug the external hard drive and then perform a powercycle on your console, keep the hard drive unplugged.

​​​

POWERCYCLE CONSOLE​​​

​​​

1. Turn off your console by holding the Xbox button on the front of the console for approximately 10 seconds. The console will turn off. ​​​

2. Turn your console back on by pressing the Xbox button on the console or the Xbox button on your controller. ​​​
  6. Francia J. Win User

Freezing slowly

Thank you for the update. Do you have an external hard drive plugged into your console? If yes, kindly unplug the external hard drive and then perform a powercycle. Keep the hard drive unplugged and then test it out.

​​​

POWERCYCLE CONSOLE​​​

​​​

Thema:

1. Why does my external hard drive keep turning on and off - Similar Threads - Why does external

2. why does my account keeps sign out on its own when i try to log in

in XBoX on Windows
    why does my account keeps sign out on its own when i try to log in: Why does everytime i try to log onto my xbox account on xbox.com and i put my password it says hang on a moment while we sign in and it wont let me sign in please im desperate i talked to support...
  3. Why does my Xbox say I'm in game chat when I'm in party chat

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why does my Xbox say I'm in game chat when I'm in party chat: It all started today, I was gonna play L4D2 with my friends when I couldn't hear anyone, my pfp in the party was dark and I couldn't hear anybody. Can someone help please?...
  4. why does my xbox series show no wireless network and say that there is a problem with the...

in XBoX on Consoles
    why does my xbox series show no wireless network and say that there is a problem with the...: a moment I reset my xbox and when it said to connect to a wireless network nothing was displayed so I tried to connect it via an ethernet cable it worked but when updating the xbox so that it is...
  5. Why does my Xbox profile have to suck now?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my Xbox profile have to suck now?: My avatar hasn't displayed on my profile for months. Xbox changed the way they store items you had in your activity feed as a money grab to get PC users to buy into their Office products,...
  6. Why does the standalone Xbox program keep telling me I need Xbox Game Bar just for voice chat?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why does the standalone Xbox program keep telling me I need Xbox Game Bar just for voice chat?: In attempting to play with Xbox-owning friends, I thought Microsoft would have had a simple, streamlined program for voice chat between P.C. and Xbox users. It doesn't seem like that's the case....
  7. Why does sound only come from one external speaker when using the optical output?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does sound only come from one external speaker when using the optical output?: I have a pair of speakers plugged into my Xbox One S using the optical port and sound only comes out one side. I’ve already verified that both speakers do work. I’ve tried changing a few settings...
  8. Why does my Xbox delete games off it, I am not short on storage nor am I using a external...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why does my Xbox delete games off it, I am not short on storage nor am I using a external...: I am sick of going to play my games and some of them have been deleted, I don't have unlimited internet like most people do so every time one of my games get deleted I have to wait to be able to...
  9. Why does my Seagate external hard drive its full but its empty

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my Seagate external hard drive its full but its empty: I have a seagate hard drive and I've been trying to get ot to work but I can't it says 100% full but also thats theirs nothing at all on it even when i check it on my computer its says that theirs...
  10. Why does my friend have to copy a game from his external to his internal hard drive?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my friend have to copy a game from his external to his internal hard drive?: my friend has 600gb on his external hard drive but it wont let him play the games he has on it unless he copys them to his internal hard please help i really want to help him fix this i looked up...