Why does my elite series 2 controller suddenly and randomly change direction

Discus and support Why does my elite series 2 controller suddenly and randomly change direction in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I bought a new Elite Series 2 Controller direct from Microsoft less than a month ago. With it I've put in over 200 hours into Starfield as well as a... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by King Worzhak, Oct 28, 2023.

1. King Worzhak
    King Worzhak Guest

I bought a new Elite Series 2 Controller direct from Microsoft less than a month ago. With it I've put in over 200 hours into Starfield as well as a few hours into other games I play with my friends.

My issue is: once in a while it will randomly and suddenly look straight up or straight down. This isn't joystick drift. I bought this controller to replace 2 other controllers that drift so I know what that looks like. This is sudden and random. It doesn't do it all the time, but when it decides to do this, it does it several times within a few minutes. I usually just stop gaming and go do something work related. When I return to gaming, the issue is usually (but not always) gone. I have updated and power cycled it several times. The issue still happens. Any ideas what I can do? Or do i need to get it replaced.

As an aside when I got my controller, it didn't come with the replacement parts advertised on the box. This doesn't bother me much since I didn't buy it for that, but I'd like to get what I paid for. I'd also appreciate secondary suggestions for this.

:)

King Worzhak, Oct 28, 2023
    Error:Failed to connect to localhost port 9200: Connection refused
Thema: