Why does my download speed go down to 0mbps frequently?

Discus and support Why does my download speed go down to 0mbps frequently? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hello, I have an Xbox One S and I seem to always have the same problem while downloading new games. For a few seconds, my download speed is maybe like... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by aMexicanHamster, Oct 31, 2022.

1. Why does my download speed go down to 0mbps frequently?

Hello, I have an Xbox One S and I seem to always have the same problem while downloading new games. For a few seconds, my download speed is maybe like 100 mbps, and then a few seconds later goes down to 50 then 30, 25, 5 anf then 0 mpbs. And it stays at 0 mpbs for several seconds. This is a repeated cycle that occurs every minute and makes my downloads take an eternity. If anyone could help that would be great!

:)

aMexicanHamster, Oct 31, 2022
  2. ryanlmeier Win User

I have this same issue and also use spectrum, but use a wired connection on my xbox one. Download speed will shoot up to ~250mbps for 10/15 seconds or so, then throttle back down to 0mbps. My biggest concern is if this is happening while in game as well, as I do run into lag issues etc. If you've found a fix please let me know!
  3. SwordofWhedon Win User

Your ISP appears to be a cell provider, they are possibly throttling you

Depending on the game, it may have many small files. Each one is downloaded, decompressed and the next one requested
  4. aMexicanHamster Win User

[​IMG]
    Here you go, if this is not what you meant I can try again. Thank you for the reply and the help!
  5. Kathy A. Win User

Hello,

We hope you are doing well. Thank you for posting in Xbox Forums. We are happy to help.

We understand that you are trying to have a consistent network while gaming. Let us check on this together and sort this out in timely manner.

We know the network speed is essential in downloading games so we would like to ask if you can take a screenshot of the Xbox Network of you Xbox One S. Please follow the steps below:

• Kindly go to Xbox Console's Settings.
    • Select Network and Network Settings.
    • Look for NAT Type.
    • Take a screenshot and post here in the thread.
    We do have troubleshooting steps here for Xbox Console issue however, you may also want to check your network speed on another device and check if the issue also is happening.

Support article: Troubleshoot your Xbox network connection | Xbox Support

Related support articles you may like to check:

We look forward to your response. Kindly let us know, if there is any misunderstanding or clarifications of our description by sending us a reply.

Sincerely,

Xbox Forum Moderator

Microsoft Community
  6. Kathy A. Win User

Hello,

Thanks for your reply and update.

I would agree with SwordofWhedon, do you mind connecting Xbox Console to the network with a cable? That way, a stable and faster connection could help you install games and without interruption. You may want to stop other devices connecting to your Wi-Fi to make sure the download will be fast.

You may want to try our recommendation or perform the 5 solutions on this support article: Troubleshoot slow game or app downloads | Xbox Support

You may want to call your ISP and ask for assistance, as we believe they can assist you with network settings that allows you to play games better.

Sample topic you can ask to your ISP is discussed in the support article we provided you today. "Enabling a QoS feature on your home router can help prioritize the network connection for your console to improve download speeds."

Have a great day!

Regards,

Thema:

1. Why does my download speed go down to 0mbps frequently? - Similar Threads - Why does download

2. Uhmm why does my downloads stop on GTA 5 at like 30 gigabytes

in XBoX on Windows
    Uhmm why does my downloads stop on GTA 5 at like 30 gigabytes: Every time I download gta 5 it says download has stopped d4fffb6b-187e-4fb2-a8c6-562ce7b7df53
  3. Why does my Xbox disconnect from 5g WiFi when I’m downloading games?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my Xbox disconnect from 5g WiFi when I’m downloading games?: When I am downloading a game, my Xbox will hold a 105+ mbps download speed. But starting a couple of months ago, my Xbox randomly disconnects from the WiFi only when I’m downloading games. Does...
  4. Why does the Xbox app keep downloading a game when I never gave it permission to do so?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why does the Xbox app keep downloading a game when I never gave it permission to do so?: About every week for the past month, the Xbox app on my PC will download the game "Wartales" and I'll see it in my library with the message "Just installed!". The thing is, I have never initiated...
  5. Why does my laptop download stuff 10x faster than my gaming pc?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my laptop download stuff 10x faster than my gaming pc?: i got max 3mb p/s download speed with and avg of around 2 on my pc yet 20+ on my laptop. my laptop is a LENOVO_MT_20R6_BU_Think_FM_ThinkPad L13 Yoga and the wifi adapter thing for my pc is...
  6. Why, after downloading updates does "finishing things up" take so long?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why, after downloading updates does "finishing things up" take so long?: Why, after downloading updates does "finishing things up" take so long? It pretty much negates having fast broadband. I just downloaded a 7.5gb update, it literally took longer "finishing things...
  7. Why does my Xbox Series s say installation stopped when I try to download a game

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why does my Xbox Series s say installation stopped when I try to download a game: Please help me with this e27504fe-4a78-44ed-9b2f-74d1f58253bc
  8. Why does my installing games and apps say installing but doesn't move/ download

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why does my installing games and apps say installing but doesn't move/ download: My app like I just got dead island 2 I started to download it but is just stuck at saying installing and not moving 8c9ceaed-edeb-40e2-8264-7011d60cfd1b
  9. Why does the Gamepass Forza Motorsport download keep stopping of outright refusing to...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why does the Gamepass Forza Motorsport download keep stopping of outright refusing to...: My install of Forza Motorsport is stuck at basically half way. I have tested download speeds and everything is perfectly normal. Never had any dramas installing big games before now. Is it a...
  10. Why does my game stop downloading at 69%?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why does my game stop downloading at 69%?: So basically,I am trying to download GTA V,but it says "Instalation stopped".It stops at 69% and my disc is a bit scratched but that's not the reason I believe since it downloads to 69%.I tried...