Why does my cpu usage spike and my gpu usage drop during gaming?

Discus and support Why does my cpu usage spike and my gpu usage drop during gaming? in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; My pc specs are CPU - Intel(R) Core(TM) i7.10700F 2.90 GHz GPU - NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 RAM - 2x16GB My problem is while gaming my fps drops at... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by Villas Bothmann, Dec 14, 2023.

1. Why does my cpu usage spike and my gpu usage drop during gaming?

My pc specs are

CPU - Intel(R) Core(TM) i7.10700F 2.90 GHz

GPU - NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060

RAM - 2x16GB

My problem is while gaming my fps drops at the same times at the CPU usage spikes to 80%-90% and my GPU usage drops to 20%-30%. I've just completely reset my pc in hopes that some program had corrupted it. but it didn't help. Also to say. My settings in the games are set to low/medium.

Please ask if you need any more information. But I don't know what to do.

:)

Villas Bothmann, Dec 14, 2023
  2. Belen T.C. Win User

Hello Villas,

We haven't heard from you in 72 hours, so we will consider your issue resolved. If you do need further help, please create a new thread to discuss your concerns through this link: Create a new question or start a discussion (microsoft.com), as we will not be monitoring this thread going forward.

Thank you for understanding.

Sincerely,

Microsoft Community Moderator
  3. Belen T.C. Win User

Hello Villas,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I'm sorry to hear that you are experiencing performance issues while gaming. There are several possible causes for this problem, such as overheating, outdated drivers, background processes, power settings, etc.

Here are some steps you can try to troubleshoot the issue:

- Check the temperature of your CPU and GPU using a monitoring software like HWMonitor or MSI Afterburner. If they are too high, you may need to improve your cooling system or lower your overclock settings if you have any.

- Update your drivers for your CPU and GPU using the official websites of Intel and NVIDIA. Avoid using third-party software that may install unwanted or incompatible drivers.

- Close any unnecessary programs or services that may be running in the background and consuming CPU resources. You can use Task Manager to see which processes are using the most CPU and end them if they are not essential.

- Adjust your power settings to High Performance mode in Windows Settings > System > Power & Sleep > Additional Power Settings. This will ensure that your CPU and GPU are not throttled by power saving features.

- Try lowering the resolution or graphics settings of your games to reduce the load on your GPU and CPU. You can also use NVIDIA Control Panel to optimize your games for performance.

I hope this helps! If you’re still having trouble, please let me know we will do our best to help you resolve this issue as soon as possible.

Sincerely,

Microsoft Community Moderator
  4. SzymekXD Win User

Low gpu usage in roblox and gpu usage dropping

I can run other games with quite normal GPU usage like 30 - 60 CPU Usage and 70-100 GPU Usage in other games but I noticed that I have other games on HDD disk and Roblox on SSD disk and I was wondering if this might be Disk issue. On the one of screenshots at UserBenchmark results that says to plug in SSD disk into SATA 3.0 port with SATA 3.0 cabel. My problem is low GPU Usage in roblox but in some cases I have pretty high gpu usage and then it drops from like 50% to 20%.

I forgot to add that I have ddr3 ram 1333Mhz
  5. tanyinqin Win User

Roblox performance issues

new question: How the hell do i make cpu usage to gpu usage for roblox.
  6. BenShankroff Win User

Extremely low performance in games

1. All Drivers are up to date

2. Games were already at lowest settings when testing fps

3. Temps were stitting at a solid 70 c cpu and 40 c gpu

4. While gaming there was only 30% cpu usage and 5% gpu usage
Thema:

1. Why does my cpu usage spike and my gpu usage drop during gaming? - Similar Threads - Why does cpu

2. why does my account keeps sign out on its own when i try to log in

in XBoX on Windows
    why does my account keeps sign out on its own when i try to log in: Why does everytime i try to log onto my xbox account on xbox.com and i put my password it says hang on a moment while we sign in and it wont let me sign in please im desperate i talked to support...
  3. Why does my Xbox say I'm in game chat when I'm in party chat

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why does my Xbox say I'm in game chat when I'm in party chat: It all started today, I was gonna play L4D2 with my friends when I couldn't hear anyone, my pfp in the party was dark and I couldn't hear anybody. Can someone help please?...
  4. why does my xbox series show no wireless network and say that there is a problem with the...

in XBoX on Consoles
    why does my xbox series show no wireless network and say that there is a problem with the...: a moment I reset my xbox and when it said to connect to a wireless network nothing was displayed so I tried to connect it via an ethernet cable it worked but when updating the xbox so that it is...
  5. Why does my Xbox profile have to suck now?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my Xbox profile have to suck now?: My avatar hasn't displayed on my profile for months. Xbox changed the way they store items you had in your activity feed as a money grab to get PC users to buy into their Office products,...
  6. Why does the standalone Xbox program keep telling me I need Xbox Game Bar just for voice chat?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why does the standalone Xbox program keep telling me I need Xbox Game Bar just for voice chat?: In attempting to play with Xbox-owning friends, I thought Microsoft would have had a simple, streamlined program for voice chat between P.C. and Xbox users. It doesn't seem like that's the case....
  7. why does my xbox gamepass subscription say its active even tho it expired a day ago and...

in XboX Insiders
    why does my xbox gamepass subscription say its active even tho it expired a day ago and...: i tried to redeem a code but it said i have to eait til my gamepass expires submitted by /u/Willing-Gas-9895 [link] [comments]
  8. Uhmm why does my downloads stop on GTA 5 at like 30 gigabytes

in XBoX on Windows
    Uhmm why does my downloads stop on GTA 5 at like 30 gigabytes: Every time I download gta 5 it says download has stopped d4fffb6b-187e-4fb2-a8c6-562ce7b7df53
  9. Why does my youtube app keep glitching when playing videos but not commercials?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my youtube app keep glitching when playing videos but not commercials?: My youtube keeps freezing but all my other apps and games are running just fine. I've cleared the saved date. There are no updates. And there are no updates needed for my Xbox....
  10. Why does my Xbox freeze after installing a game?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why does my Xbox freeze after installing a game?: I have an Xbox One S and I downloaded a game yesterday. It was queued up for installation before I turned off the Xbox. Now, when I try to start anything, an error pops up saying the app was...