Why does my copy of Indycar Series 2005 not work on Xbox 360?

Discus and support Why does my copy of Indycar Series 2005 not work on Xbox 360? in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; So I just bought Indycar Series 2005 on the Original Xbox to play on my 360, and I looked at the backwards compatible list and it was on it, so I put... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Max shantz, Oct 13, 2023.

1. Max shantz
    Max shantz Guest

So I just bought Indycar Series 2005 on the Original Xbox to play on my 360, and I looked at the backwards compatible list and it was on it, so I put the game into the system and started it up and it says “This original Xbox game is not supported on your 360 console. An update to support this game may be available. For more info, go to www.Xbox.com/games.” And my hard drive is the official one from Xbox and the disc looks brand new and the system is updated. Please help

:)

Max shantz, Oct 13, 2023
  2. SwordofWhedon Win User

original Xbox compatibility requires a secure section of the hard drive to be uncorrupted, which essentially no longer exists. This sector used to instantly corrupted itself, I haven't had original Xbox games working on my 360 since about 2007

You should just assume that all existing hard drives are either not official Microsoft product which means it won't work, or have been corrupted, you'd be much better off just acquiring an original Xbox
  3. Max shantz Win User

My console is updated but the disc won’t work for it and I’ve done everything to make it work and it didn’t
  4. Kathy A. Win User

Good day!

We haven't heard from you in 72 hours, so we will consider your issue resolved. If you do need further help, please create a new thread to discuss your concerns through this link: Create a new question or start a discussion (microsoft.com), as we will not be monitoring this thread going forward.

Thank you for your understanding.

Respectfully,

Microsoft Community Moderator
  5. Max shantz Win User

Didn’t work unfortunately
  6. Kathy A. Win User

Hello Max shantz,

Thanks for the reply.

Can we ask if you have error message or code or what happened when the update did not work?

Regards,

Thema:

1. Why does my copy of Indycar Series 2005 not work on Xbox 360? - Similar Threads - Why does copy

2. why does my account keeps sign out on its own when i try to log in

in XBoX on Windows
    why does my account keeps sign out on its own when i try to log in: Why does everytime i try to log onto my xbox account on xbox.com and i put my password it says hang on a moment while we sign in and it wont let me sign in please im desperate i talked to support...
  3. Why does my Xbox say I'm in game chat when I'm in party chat

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why does my Xbox say I'm in game chat when I'm in party chat: It all started today, I was gonna play L4D2 with my friends when I couldn't hear anyone, my pfp in the party was dark and I couldn't hear anybody. Can someone help please?...
  4. why does my xbox series show no wireless network and say that there is a problem with the...

in XBoX on Consoles
    why does my xbox series show no wireless network and say that there is a problem with the...: a moment I reset my xbox and when it said to connect to a wireless network nothing was displayed so I tried to connect it via an ethernet cable it worked but when updating the xbox so that it is...
  5. Why does my Xbox profile have to suck now?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my Xbox profile have to suck now?: My avatar hasn't displayed on my profile for months. Xbox changed the way they store items you had in your activity feed as a money grab to get PC users to buy into their Office products,...
  6. Why does the standalone Xbox program keep telling me I need Xbox Game Bar just for voice chat?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why does the standalone Xbox program keep telling me I need Xbox Game Bar just for voice chat?: In attempting to play with Xbox-owning friends, I thought Microsoft would have had a simple, streamlined program for voice chat between P.C. and Xbox users. It doesn't seem like that's the case....
  7. why does my xbox gamepass subscription say its active even tho it expired a day ago and...

in XboX Insiders
    why does my xbox gamepass subscription say its active even tho it expired a day ago and...: i tried to redeem a code but it said i have to eait til my gamepass expires submitted by /u/Willing-Gas-9895 [link] [comments]
  8. Uhmm why does my downloads stop on GTA 5 at like 30 gigabytes

in XBoX on Windows
    Uhmm why does my downloads stop on GTA 5 at like 30 gigabytes: Every time I download gta 5 it says download has stopped d4fffb6b-187e-4fb2-a8c6-562ce7b7df53
  9. Why does my youtube app keep glitching when playing videos but not commercials?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my youtube app keep glitching when playing videos but not commercials?: My youtube keeps freezing but all my other apps and games are running just fine. I've cleared the saved date. There are no updates. And there are no updates needed for my Xbox....
  10. Why does my friend have to copy a game from his external to his internal hard drive?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my friend have to copy a game from his external to his internal hard drive?: my friend has 600gb on his external hard drive but it wont let him play the games he has on it unless he copys them to his internal hard please help i really want to help him fix this i looked up...