Why does my controller suddenly not work after disconecting and then reconecting it?

Discus and support Why does my controller suddenly not work after disconecting and then reconecting it? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hello, yesterday i was playing with my xbox series s wireless controller on my pc which ive had for about a year and had it connected to bluetooth.... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by ingmar1123, Nov 1, 2023.

1. ingmar1123
    ingmar1123 Guest

Why does my controller suddenly not work after disconecting and then reconecting it?

Hello, yesterday i was playing with my xbox series s wireless controller on my pc which ive had for about a year and had it connected to bluetooth. Suddenly my controller dies and i go to change batteries. When i come back i start my controller again but it wont connect (by this time it is still blinking normally) so i thought i needed to disconect and reconnect it from my pc. When i try to get it back to bluetooth it says that it is connected but it wont work in game or anything. I try to connect my usb and that works. so then i try updating its software on xbox accesories but then i get the problem of my controller constantly blinking twice constantly except for when i have it in usb or shut off. A quick google search later and i see that it is caused by low batteries so i go to change batteries and still that problem. So i go to get a pair of batteries that i know are 100% fresh and i still have that problem. and now when i try to connect it, it will blink twice constantly and when i hold the pair button it will show up and i connect it but it just says that it is connected and doesnt work at all except for when i plug it in with usb. I really dont want to have to plug into usb because ive spent alot of money to get this wireless and it will feel like a waist. Please help me i have been searching the web for about two hours and cant find anything on this.

:)

ingmar1123, Nov 1, 2023
  2. bralmo13 Win User

Hello, My name is Ingmar1123. I am an independent advisor, happy to help you today.

Thanks for your reply. Just to be clear, you have tried to remove the controller from your PC's list of connected devices, then manually attempted to re-pair it to your PC?
  3. ingmar1123 Win User

hello thanks for the ideas i tryed all of them but when i reset the controller and try to reconnect it it will say that it has connected but will keep blinking. do you have any idea of how to solve this? Thanks for the help so far
  4. David Wirsching Win User

Hello, My name is David. I am an independent advisor, happy to help you today.

I'm sorry to hear about the issues you're facing with your Xbox Series S wireless controller. Here are a few steps you can try to troubleshoot and resolve the problem:

1. Reset the controller: Try performing a reset on your controller by pressing and holding the pairing button on the back of the controller for about 10 seconds. This will reset the wireless connection and can help resolve connectivity issues.

2. Update the controller firmware: Connect the controller to your PC using a USB cable and check for any available firmware updates through the Xbox Accessories app. Updating the controller's firmware can address compatibility issues and improve its performance.

3. Remove and re-pair the controller: On your PC, go to the Bluetooth settings and remove the Xbox controller from the list of paired devices. Then, put the controller into pairing mode by pressing and holding the pairing button until the Xbox button starts flashing rapidly. Go back to the Bluetooth settings and try pairing the controller again.

4. Check for driver updates: Make sure your PC's Bluetooth drivers are up-to-date. You can usually find driver updates on the manufacturer's website for your PC's Bluetooth hardware.

5. Test on a different device: If possible, try connecting the controller to a different device, such as another PC or an Xbox console, to see if the issue persists. This will help determine if the problem is specific to your PC or if it's related to the controller itself.

I hope this helps, if the problem persists contact me again please.
    Best regards.
  5. GZG Elite Win User

Xbox 360 driver not working

Maybe disconecting and reconecting
  6. JulietaOdasso Win User

Mic Issue

Hey Brad, i need help with an issue with my mic, its completely muted i tried with some things on the forum like, Update controller, disconect and reconect the controller, but nothing works i dont know if i had been baned of xbox, i dont know how to look
    if im banned.

PLEASE HELP ME
Thema:

1. Why does my controller suddenly not work after disconecting and then reconecting it? - Similar Threads - Why does controller

2. Why does my controller blink twice and then shut off?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my controller blink twice and then shut off?: For the past several hours, my controller has been flashing twice, and then powering itself off—only to do it again a few seconds later. This problem started earlier when the batteries in my...
  3. Why does my controller disconnect when wire is moved up or when it lays on the back

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my controller disconnect when wire is moved up or when it lays on the back: Whenever I move Xbox cable slightly up it automatically disconnects. I’ve tried 4 different cables that work with anything else but with my Xbox series s controller it works until i lay it on its...
  4. Why are the controllers such a scam and does Microsoft plan on fixing them?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why are the controllers such a scam and does Microsoft plan on fixing them?: I have gone through so many Xbox controllers with stick drift it is ridiculous. I purchased the Xbox Series S just to have my controller conveniently get stick drift exactly 1 month after the...
  5. I don't know why my controller does this.

in XBoX on Consoles
    I don't know why my controller does this.: I have an Xbox One with an Xbox One controller, but when I try to use it, it turns my Xbox on but then disconnects. Because of that I have to use it wired. I changed the batteries but that didn't...
  6. Why does my wireless Xbox controller disconnect and reconnect repeatedly on my Chromebook?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my wireless Xbox controller disconnect and reconnect repeatedly on my Chromebook?: So, I recently got a new wireless Xbox controller so I can play Xbox Cloud Gaming when I am not at home. My controller works for all of my compatible devices except my Acer Chromebook (which is...
  7. Why does my Xbox controller keep disconnecting

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my Xbox controller keep disconnecting: Why do my Xbox controllers keep disconnecting on my Xbox one but they work fine on my other Xbox’s? I have disconnected and reconnected the controller and changed the batteries, but the controller...
  8. Why does my elite 2 controller only work when i plug it in.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my elite 2 controller only work when i plug it in.: I have an Elite 2 controller but the xbox button turns on and off. It'll be on for up to 5 seconds but none of the buttons work and it flashes really fast as if it connected but automatically...
  9. Why does my controller keep de-syncing

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my controller keep de-syncing: When I'm playing a game it randomly de-syncs for just a few seconds then starts working again normally. It's a brand new controller from the xbox store and sometimes it will go for hours with no...
  10. Why does the right bumper fail on so many Elite 2 controllers?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does the right bumper fail on so many Elite 2 controllers?: Since customer support was unable to help me I figure I would try here before deciding whether or not to buy anymore Xbox hardware. I've had 2 Xbox elite 2 controllers stop working. Both had the...