Why does my controller not select apps or options but in games the controller works...

Discus and support Why does my controller not select apps or options but in games the controller works... in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Why does my controller not select apps or options even though I see it responding but in games the controller works perfectly fine? It also keeps... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by waylon lott, Feb 4, 2024.

1. waylon lott
    waylon lott Guest

Why does my controller not select apps or options but in games the controller works...

Why does my controller not select apps or options even though I see it responding but in games the controller works perfectly fine? It also keeps sticking to the top of the screen even though I don’t have controller drift. This issue also isn’t present when playing games.

:)

waylon lott, Feb 4, 2024
  2. Rostom L Win User

On Halo: The Master Chief Collection multiplayer my controller cuts out after 5 seconds and constantly does this throughout a match

So the controller works fine on other games. Have you already checked for a controller firmware updates via the Xbox Accessories app? Make sure you connect it using the USB cable when you check for updates.

Let's also verify and repair your game files:
    Open the Xbox app for Windows.
    In My Library, select the game title.
    Select the More options (…) button and choose Manage.
    Select Files and then Verify and repair.
  3. Lucas Lauer Win User

Sign-in problem when using controller

Sure, you can link your Xbox account to Epic Games. But since game is not loading there, let's try this: Instead of using DS4 Emulator, use the X360 Controller Emulator.

Here's a guide on how to use X360 Controller Emulator for Dual Shock 4:

https://www.reddit.com/r/darksouls3/comments/4e...

After installing and configuring the emulator for Dual Shock 4, repair Maneater:

On the Xbox App, Select the Start button > Settings > Apps > Apps & features. Select the game that's not working, and then select Advanced options under the name of the game. On the page that opens with information about the game, select Repair.

After repairing the game, see if it works with the X360 Controller Emulator.

If it still doesn't work, please let me know, my friend.
  4. Zahir_Ramathula Win User

My Xbox series x cannot find Teredo IP address

Last option, only use this option if everthing here does not work.

Factory reset your Xbox One. If all else has failed, the last thing you can try is to factory reset your Xbox One. Make sure your save data is backed up before factory resetting your game console. Use the following steps to factory reset your Xbox One:

Press the Xbox button on your controller.

Select Profile & system.

Select Settings.

Select System.

Select Console info

Select Reset console.

Select Reset and keep my games and apps. If this option doesn't work, repeat and select Reset and remove everything.
  5. Hoskayra Win User

Configuring Multiple Controllers on the Xbox Series X

Hi Excesswater, my name is Oskayra and I would be happy to help.

To set up multiple controllers on Xbox Series X, you must follow these steps:

-Connect all controllers to the console. You can do this using a USB cable or connecting them wirelessly.
    -Open the Settings app.
    -Go to "Devices and connections".
    -Select "Accessories".
    -Select the controller you want to configure.
    -Select "Assigned to".
    -Select the user account you want to assign the controller to.
    -Once you have assigned all controllers to user accounts, you can use them to play multiplayer games.

In your case, it seems that you have correctly assigned the controllers to the user accounts. However, the controllers can be configured to function as a single controller. To check it, follow these steps:

-Open the Settings app.
    -Go to "Devices and connections".
    -Select "Accessories".
    -Select the controller you want to configure.
    -Select "Advanced Settings".
    -Select "Pairing".
    -If the "Pairing" option is activated, the controllers will work as a single controller. To disable it, uncheck the option.

If you disabled pairing and the controllers still work as a single controller, there may be an issue with the console or controllers. In this case, you can try restarting the console or contact Microsoft support. If so, ask me for the link and I'll send it to you here.

Through the following link that I will provide you you will be able to see more detailed information regarding the solutions that I gave you in case you want to be sure that my information is correct, keep in mind that I specified the information to help you in a more personalized way with your problem.

https://support.xbox.com/help/hardware-network/accessories/xbox-accessories-app

I really hope your problem was solved with my help, have a nice day.
    Oskayra
  6. DavidVanegas2 Win User

MLB The Show 21: Adding a 4th pitch in Road to the Show

Its usually auto depending on your settings. Try to check for updates on the game app. If it's ps4 I usually press options on the controller while the game app is selected and you can select "check for update"
Thema:

1. Why does my controller not select apps or options but in games the controller works... - Similar Threads - Why does controller

2. Why does my controller blink twice and then shut off?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my controller blink twice and then shut off?: For the past several hours, my controller has been flashing twice, and then powering itself off—only to do it again a few seconds later. This problem started earlier when the batteries in my...
  3. Why does my controller disconnect when wire is moved up or when it lays on the back

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my controller disconnect when wire is moved up or when it lays on the back: Whenever I move Xbox cable slightly up it automatically disconnects. I’ve tried 4 different cables that work with anything else but with my Xbox series s controller it works until i lay it on its...
  4. Why are the controllers such a scam and does Microsoft plan on fixing them?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why are the controllers such a scam and does Microsoft plan on fixing them?: I have gone through so many Xbox controllers with stick drift it is ridiculous. I purchased the Xbox Series S just to have my controller conveniently get stick drift exactly 1 month after the...
  5. I don't know why my controller does this.

in XBoX on Consoles
    I don't know why my controller does this.: I have an Xbox One with an Xbox One controller, but when I try to use it, it turns my Xbox on but then disconnects. Because of that I have to use it wired. I changed the batteries but that didn't...
  6. Why does my wireless Xbox controller disconnect and reconnect repeatedly on my Chromebook?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my wireless Xbox controller disconnect and reconnect repeatedly on my Chromebook?: So, I recently got a new wireless Xbox controller so I can play Xbox Cloud Gaming when I am not at home. My controller works for all of my compatible devices except my Acer Chromebook (which is...
  7. Why does my Xbox controller keep disconnecting

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my Xbox controller keep disconnecting: Why do my Xbox controllers keep disconnecting on my Xbox one but they work fine on my other Xbox’s? I have disconnected and reconnected the controller and changed the batteries, but the controller...
  8. Why does my elite 2 controller only work when i plug it in.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my elite 2 controller only work when i plug it in.: I have an Elite 2 controller but the xbox button turns on and off. It'll be on for up to 5 seconds but none of the buttons work and it flashes really fast as if it connected but automatically...
  9. Why does my controller keep de-syncing

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my controller keep de-syncing: When I'm playing a game it randomly de-syncs for just a few seconds then starts working again normally. It's a brand new controller from the xbox store and sometimes it will go for hours with no...
  10. Why does the right bumper fail on so many Elite 2 controllers?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does the right bumper fail on so many Elite 2 controllers?: Since customer support was unable to help me I figure I would try here before deciding whether or not to buy anymore Xbox hardware. I've had 2 Xbox elite 2 controllers stop working. Both had the...