Why does my controller keep de-syncing

Discus and support Why does my controller keep de-syncing in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; When I'm playing a game it randomly de-syncs for just a few seconds then starts working again normally. It's a brand new controller from the xbox store... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Verified✔️T_Law, Mar 17, 2024.

1. Why does my controller keep de-syncing

When I'm playing a game it randomly de-syncs for just a few seconds then starts working again normally. It's a brand new controller from the xbox store and sometimes it will go for hours with no problems and then it happens a dozen times in 10 minutes.

:)

Verified✔️T_Law, Mar 17, 2024
  2. Rodrigo Oliver Win User

Hi Verified✔️T_Law, my name is Rodrigo. I'm an Independent Advisor and a member of the Microsoft community and I'd love to assist you today.

I am sorry to hear that.

Please, reset your controller pairing.

To unpair it, press and hold the pair button on top of the controller for a few seconds until it vibrates twice.

Then, pair it again.

Turn on your controller by pressing and holding the Xbox button.

Press and release the Pair button on the Xbox.

Within 20 seconds, press and hold the controller’s Pair button a circular button on top of the controller as you hold it in your hands) until the controller's Xbox button flashes a few times.

That means it's searching for a console.

The Xbox button stays lit once it's connected.

I hope this helps.
  3. D3tran Win User

Wireless Xbox 360 Controller in Windows 7 with PC Gaming Receiver (Not working)

I'm running out of hope here...

First I'd like to make it perfect clear that I have installed the correct software and manually updated the driver.

After that process, my controller synced perfectly and was working fine until I had the bright idea to re-sync it to the xbox...

Well after that It wont sync to the received on PC...

I cleared the drivers and uninstalled the software to install it again and it didn't work...

The controller ended de-syncing from xbox with the many attempts I had to sync it to the wireless receiver.

So now...none of my controllers will sync with the receiver even after following all steps for the software and driver. I keeps blinking (going in circles) and it doesn't sync...

Anyone has any ideas why this is happening...I mean it was working and now it won't...
  4. DyingSoldierXX Win User

Two Quick Questions

If it says, "De-Synced," no, nor does it count as a loss. If it says "disconnected," keep your eyes on your record to find out. My game isn't freezing, but ALOT of people are being de-synced now more than ever, because of the update. They fixed king-of-the-hill
    lag, but now people can't even stay in a room for very long. I'd rather the lag come back.
  5. xPRxKingRico Win User

Unresponsive Xbox One

For some reason my Xbox keeps disconnecting from xbox live an controller keeps losing sync don't know what to do please help it does it randomly how to fix ?
  6. ZeoTH56 Win User

controller help

hey thanks for the help I tried turning it on manual and the controller sync but after that it won't sync anymore and the lights keep on flashing on the controller. when I try to go sync it with the 360 but the 360 doesn't pick it up and the lights still
    flash on the controller. what does this also mean?
Thema:

1. Why does my controller keep de-syncing - Similar Threads - Why does controller

2. Why does my controller blink twice and then shut off?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my controller blink twice and then shut off?: For the past several hours, my controller has been flashing twice, and then powering itself off—only to do it again a few seconds later. This problem started earlier when the batteries in my...
  3. Why does my controller disconnect when wire is moved up or when it lays on the back

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my controller disconnect when wire is moved up or when it lays on the back: Whenever I move Xbox cable slightly up it automatically disconnects. I’ve tried 4 different cables that work with anything else but with my Xbox series s controller it works until i lay it on its...
  4. Why are the controllers such a scam and does Microsoft plan on fixing them?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why are the controllers such a scam and does Microsoft plan on fixing them?: I have gone through so many Xbox controllers with stick drift it is ridiculous. I purchased the Xbox Series S just to have my controller conveniently get stick drift exactly 1 month after the...
  5. I don't know why my controller does this.

in XBoX on Consoles
    I don't know why my controller does this.: I have an Xbox One with an Xbox One controller, but when I try to use it, it turns my Xbox on but then disconnects. Because of that I have to use it wired. I changed the batteries but that didn't...
  6. Why does my wireless Xbox controller disconnect and reconnect repeatedly on my Chromebook?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my wireless Xbox controller disconnect and reconnect repeatedly on my Chromebook?: So, I recently got a new wireless Xbox controller so I can play Xbox Cloud Gaming when I am not at home. My controller works for all of my compatible devices except my Acer Chromebook (which is...
  7. Why does my Xbox controller keep disconnecting

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my Xbox controller keep disconnecting: Why do my Xbox controllers keep disconnecting on my Xbox one but they work fine on my other Xbox’s? I have disconnected and reconnected the controller and changed the batteries, but the controller...
  8. Why does my elite 2 controller only work when i plug it in.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my elite 2 controller only work when i plug it in.: I have an Elite 2 controller but the xbox button turns on and off. It'll be on for up to 5 seconds but none of the buttons work and it flashes really fast as if it connected but automatically...
  9. Why does the right bumper fail on so many Elite 2 controllers?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does the right bumper fail on so many Elite 2 controllers?: Since customer support was unable to help me I figure I would try here before deciding whether or not to buy anymore Xbox hardware. I've had 2 Xbox elite 2 controllers stop working. Both had the...
  10. why does my xbox series x controller keep disconnected

in XBoX on Consoles
    why does my xbox series x controller keep disconnected: my xbox series x controller keeps disconnecting i changed the batteries i couldnt resync the controller until i turned off the power supply but took about 2 minutes and the controller again...