Why does my Controller get hot after 30 min?

Discus and support Why does my Controller get hot after 30 min? in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; When I put in batteries the center of the controller gets hot after around 20 to 30 minutes. I've been using a wire for the past few days and the... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Skrr Skrr, Nov 19, 2023.

1. Skrr Skrr
    Skrr Skrr Guest

When I put in batteries the center of the controller gets hot after around 20 to 30 minutes. I've been using a wire for the past few days and the controller just make a buzzing sound it's never made before and it gets hot after like an hour or 2.

:)

Skrr Skrr, Nov 19, 2023
  2. Annanda Martins Win User

Hi, my name is Annanda, thank you for your question and for reaching out.

This can be a variety of cases. If it were only the controller getting hot on the battery, you could try changing the battery, using AA batteries and using only wired, but since you are saying it get really hot and make a buzzing sound ( which is not normal ) i highly recommend you contacting Support directly.

https://support.xbox.com/contact-us/

Try selecting:

Contact Us > Hardware & Network > My controller isn't working right > Your console > my controller is not working properly

If that does not work, try:

Contact Us > Hardware & Network > My console or device won't turn on > Your console > my controller is not working properly

That way you are going to be able to contact Live Chat and Request a call.

I hope I was able to answer your questions! Please, if you have any other doubts, we are here to help.

If the reply was helpful, please don’t forget to upvote or accept as an answer, thank you.

Best Regards, Annanda.
  3. XxPUREzB34STxX Win User

Castle Miner Z Help!

loading started working good after 30 mins does anyone know why?
  4. Baby7707 Win User

Power cut on and off

Why does my xbox turn on then after about a min turn off
  5. SaZzY41 Win User

USB Device Unavailable

Had the same problem last night after I turned my controller off it disconnected abount 30 mins in, then with the controller in it seemed like every 15 mins so throughout the last hour every five mins I would move the joystick on the controller and it didnt
    disconnect once, im wondering if its an issue when the cintroller sshuts off or then console goes into standby mode after awhile either way this needs to b fixed
  6. SparkiestFawn28 Win User

Xbox Live Down again

30 mins 30 mins 30 mins 30 mins 30 mins xbox is like richard sherman im here so i dont get fined
Thema:

1. Why does my Controller get hot after 30 min? - Similar Threads - Why does Controller

2. Why does my controller blink twice and then shut off?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my controller blink twice and then shut off?: For the past several hours, my controller has been flashing twice, and then powering itself off—only to do it again a few seconds later. This problem started earlier when the batteries in my...
  3. Why does my controller disconnect when wire is moved up or when it lays on the back

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my controller disconnect when wire is moved up or when it lays on the back: Whenever I move Xbox cable slightly up it automatically disconnects. I’ve tried 4 different cables that work with anything else but with my Xbox series s controller it works until i lay it on its...
  4. Why are the controllers such a scam and does Microsoft plan on fixing them?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why are the controllers such a scam and does Microsoft plan on fixing them?: I have gone through so many Xbox controllers with stick drift it is ridiculous. I purchased the Xbox Series S just to have my controller conveniently get stick drift exactly 1 month after the...
  5. I don't know why my controller does this.

in XBoX on Consoles
    I don't know why my controller does this.: I have an Xbox One with an Xbox One controller, but when I try to use it, it turns my Xbox on but then disconnects. Because of that I have to use it wired. I changed the batteries but that didn't...
  6. Why does my wireless Xbox controller disconnect and reconnect repeatedly on my Chromebook?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my wireless Xbox controller disconnect and reconnect repeatedly on my Chromebook?: So, I recently got a new wireless Xbox controller so I can play Xbox Cloud Gaming when I am not at home. My controller works for all of my compatible devices except my Acer Chromebook (which is...
  7. Why does my Xbox controller keep disconnecting

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my Xbox controller keep disconnecting: Why do my Xbox controllers keep disconnecting on my Xbox one but they work fine on my other Xbox’s? I have disconnected and reconnected the controller and changed the batteries, but the controller...
  8. Why does my elite 2 controller only work when i plug it in.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my elite 2 controller only work when i plug it in.: I have an Elite 2 controller but the xbox button turns on and off. It'll be on for up to 5 seconds but none of the buttons work and it flashes really fast as if it connected but automatically...
  9. Why does my controller keep de-syncing

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my controller keep de-syncing: When I'm playing a game it randomly de-syncs for just a few seconds then starts working again normally. It's a brand new controller from the xbox store and sometimes it will go for hours with no...
  10. Why does the right bumper fail on so many Elite 2 controllers?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does the right bumper fail on so many Elite 2 controllers?: Since customer support was unable to help me I figure I would try here before deciding whether or not to buy anymore Xbox hardware. I've had 2 Xbox elite 2 controllers stop working. Both had the...