Why does my controller disconnect when I connect my wireless turtle beach headset to my...

Discus and support Why does my controller disconnect when I connect my wireless turtle beach headset to my... in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; When I connect my wireless headset it assigns to my controller/profile. While I’m playing certain games (nba 2k24) it will disconnect my controller as... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by JD 870, Jan 15, 2024.

1. JD 870
    JD 870 Guest

Why does my controller disconnect when I connect my wireless turtle beach headset to my...

When I connect my wireless headset it assigns to my controller/profile. While I’m playing certain games (nba 2k24) it will disconnect my controller as if it’s not on but the controller will still be on and I will have to turn my controller off and disconnect my headset, then turn my controller and headset back on for it to work again. It does this sometimes in the middle of an online game.

:)

JD 870, Jan 15, 2024
  2. GMAN990 Win User

Turtle Beach disconnects me from live

3. smileskybird Win User

How do I hook up my turtle beach headset without having to go thru the controller?

Get Kinect.

I have Turtle beach X42. I connect it to my console via optical port. The only thing not wireless about it is the chat cable that needs to be plugged in. But it does produce good Dolby 5.1 surround sound. I know turtle beach does some headsets which are
    completely wireless involving a Bluetooth dongle.
  4. GMAN990 Win User

Router

5. tejo chase Win User

Wired versus Wireless Controllers/Headsets

I use the elite controller so wireless (mostly) when I get the low battery notification I have a wire that's permanently attached to my Xbox close to hand so I can go wired before the batteries die. I also currently have a turtle beach wired headset that's
    connected to my controller, but I'm about to purchase the arctis 9x wireless headset.
  6. CHRIS+ Win User

Wireless Controller & Bluetooth Headset Disconnects Frequently From Xbox One X

I'm having the same issue. I have a wireless Turtle Beach Stealth 600 Headset + Xbox One X. Both my headset and controller will sporadically disconnect. Often at the same time. I have to restart both.

Putting my console in power saving mode and having batteries charged helps reduce frequency but it still occurs. I have my firmware updated on the controller and headset, but the headset firmware hasn't been updated in a couple years. I have checked for
    firmware updates but Turtle beach hasn't released any newer builds.

I also seem to get this issue moreso when I'm using the Stealth 600. It definitely seems like the two wireless devices are having some sort of interference.
Thema:

1. Why does my controller disconnect when I connect my wireless turtle beach headset to my... - Similar Threads - Why does controller

2. Why does my controller blink twice and then shut off?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my controller blink twice and then shut off?: For the past several hours, my controller has been flashing twice, and then powering itself off—only to do it again a few seconds later. This problem started earlier when the batteries in my...
  3. Why does my controller disconnect when wire is moved up or when it lays on the back

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my controller disconnect when wire is moved up or when it lays on the back: Whenever I move Xbox cable slightly up it automatically disconnects. I’ve tried 4 different cables that work with anything else but with my Xbox series s controller it works until i lay it on its...
  4. Why are the controllers such a scam and does Microsoft plan on fixing them?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why are the controllers such a scam and does Microsoft plan on fixing them?: I have gone through so many Xbox controllers with stick drift it is ridiculous. I purchased the Xbox Series S just to have my controller conveniently get stick drift exactly 1 month after the...
  5. I don't know why my controller does this.

in XBoX on Consoles
    I don't know why my controller does this.: I have an Xbox One with an Xbox One controller, but when I try to use it, it turns my Xbox on but then disconnects. Because of that I have to use it wired. I changed the batteries but that didn't...
  6. Why does my wireless Xbox controller disconnect and reconnect repeatedly on my Chromebook?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my wireless Xbox controller disconnect and reconnect repeatedly on my Chromebook?: So, I recently got a new wireless Xbox controller so I can play Xbox Cloud Gaming when I am not at home. My controller works for all of my compatible devices except my Acer Chromebook (which is...
  7. Why does my Xbox controller keep disconnecting

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my Xbox controller keep disconnecting: Why do my Xbox controllers keep disconnecting on my Xbox one but they work fine on my other Xbox’s? I have disconnected and reconnected the controller and changed the batteries, but the controller...
  8. Why does my elite 2 controller only work when i plug it in.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my elite 2 controller only work when i plug it in.: I have an Elite 2 controller but the xbox button turns on and off. It'll be on for up to 5 seconds but none of the buttons work and it flashes really fast as if it connected but automatically...
  9. Why does my controller keep de-syncing

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my controller keep de-syncing: When I'm playing a game it randomly de-syncs for just a few seconds then starts working again normally. It's a brand new controller from the xbox store and sometimes it will go for hours with no...
  10. Why does the right bumper fail on so many Elite 2 controllers?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does the right bumper fail on so many Elite 2 controllers?: Since customer support was unable to help me I figure I would try here before deciding whether or not to buy anymore Xbox hardware. I've had 2 Xbox elite 2 controllers stop working. Both had the...