Why does my console only show the quick tips Icon

Discus and support Why does my console only show the quick tips Icon in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; it happen last week when i went to turn on my console (XBOX ONE) my console only showed a black screen but i was able to bring up the side menu. I... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Maea Segi, Dec 11, 2023.

1. Maea Segi
    Maea Segi Guest

it happen last week when i went to turn on my console (XBOX ONE) my console only showed a black screen but i was able to bring up the side menu. I turned off my console and left it for a couple of days and came back only to see it was updating. Soon as the console finished updating it went through the regular profile signing in screen and then showed the menu with only the quick tips icon along with both the "browse store" and "see what your friends are up to" icon.. I could not access the settings or anything especially the games, apps, groups and the full library section as it would load constantly for long periods of time.

Can somebody please explain to me the cause of this glitch

:)

Maea Segi, Dec 11, 2023
  2. Tomm_A Win User

Hello Maea Segi,

We haven't heard from you, so we assume that your issue has already been addressed. We will not be monitoring this thread moving forward so, if you need further assistance, please create a new thread to discuss these concerns by clicking this link: Create a new question (microsoft.com)

Thank you for your understanding.

Respectfully,

3. Tomm_A Win User

Hello Maea Segi,

Greetings!

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

It seems like your Xbox console is experiencing a glitch with the Quick Resume feature, which allows you to switch between multiple games and resume them instantly. The Quick Tips icon is supposed to show you how to use the guide on your console, but it might be stuck on your screen due to a bug. Let us see on what we can do to help resolve your concern in a timely manner.

There are a few possible ways to fix this issue:

- Restart your console by holding the Xbox button \uE3E3 on the front of the console for about 10 seconds. Then press the Xbox button \uE3E3 on the console again to turn it back on.

- Clear the local saved games cache by going to Profile & system > Settings > System > Storage > Clear local saved games. This will not delete any of your saved games from the cloud.

- Update your console software by going to Profile & system > Settings > System > Updates & downloads. If there is an update available, select Update console.

We look forward to your response. Kindly let us know, if there is any misunderstanding or clarifications of our description by sending us a reply.

Sincerely,

4. Maea Segi Win User

Hello ,

Greetings!

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

It seems like your Xbox console is experiencing a glitch with the Quick Resume feature, which allows you to switch between multiple games and resume them instantly. The Quick Tips icon is supposed to show you how to use the guide on your console, but it might be stuck on your screen due to a bug. Let us see on what we can do to help resolve your concern in a timely manner.

There are a few possible ways to fix this issue:

- Restart your console by holding the Xbox button \uE3E3 on the front of the console for about 10 seconds. Then press the Xbox button \uE3E3 on the console again to turn it back on.

- Clear the local saved games cache by going to Profile & system > Settings > System > Storage > Clear local saved games. This will not delete any of your saved games from the cloud.

- Update your console software by going to Profile & system > Settings > System > Updates & downloads. If there is an update available, select Update console.

We look forward to your response. Kindly let us know, if there is any misunderstanding or clarifications of our description by sending us a reply.

Sincerely,

Tomm_A
    Okay so the thing is when i go to settings, it would show the setting icon but freezes. I did however restart the console and clear the local save by just bringing up this search bar which has says "search for games entertainment and more" but to no avail as it would show the same screen every time i do both, every app i go to just loads but does not actually fully load. This along with the settings, Xbox support etc.
  5. Tomm_A Win User

Hello Maea Segi,

Thank you for your prompt response and truly apologize for some delay from my end due to unexpected incident happened to me.

We would like to request a screenshot for us to have a better picture of the issue you are describing.

Additionally, you can report this concern using Report a Problem app on the Xbox console to report an issue or unexpected behavior in a game or app, which helps Team Xbox investigate and fix problems on the Xbox console. This improves the gaming experience for you and everyone else in the community. In the title of your bug please add [Xbox Forum]

Sincerely,

6. voteDC Win User

how u get symble in forums

Go into game specific boards of the forum and offer help and 'tips' on the games to people who need it.

-

If the powers that be believe you've provided genuine help with your tips then you'll get the icon. Don't expect it to be quick though.
Thema:

1. Why does my console only show the quick tips Icon - Similar Threads - Why does console

2. Why does my Xbox look like this? Changed hdmi ports on the TV, hard restarted the console,...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my Xbox look like this? Changed hdmi ports on the TV, hard restarted the console,...: [img] here is a photo of what it looks like bb1e3daf-04bc-4be3-9fd6-114ba54710be
  3. Why does the Xbox series X lose WiFi connection capability when the console power shuts off?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why does the Xbox series X lose WiFi connection capability when the console power shuts off?: Hello, I bought the series X last week and I have had constant issues with Xbox not connecting to the WiFi, after it was set up, when I start the system. Absolutely nothing changes. The system...
  4. Why does my brand new Series X console keep giving me the “Keep the console cool message”?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my brand new Series X console keep giving me the “Keep the console cool message”?: I was gifted an Xbox Series X for the holidays and it’s only been a week and I barely have time to play on it but when I do, I get the “Keep the console cool” message whenever I’m playing a game....
  5. Why does my Xbox keep booting me out of multiplayer games and console resets itself...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why does my Xbox keep booting me out of multiplayer games and console resets itself...: I posted another thread on this which went unsolved. I have a new Xbox series x purchase 9 of 23. Whenever I play any multiplayer games online like call of duty, fortnite, battlefield 2043,...
  6. Why does MW3 (2023) overheat my console? No other game has done it.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does MW3 (2023) overheat my console? No other game has done it.: My mw3 (2023) has been crashing constantly. It isn’t sitting in a tv stand or anything. It is in an open space. I have hard reset the console, moved where it is plugged in at, and have factory...
  7. Why does my xbox turn off when it starts the third update bar for the console, it just...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my xbox turn off when it starts the third update bar for the console, it just...: Why does my xbox turn off when it starts the third update bar for the console, it just turns off and thats it then i have to restart the update every time 1c8704b4-da52-4e52-a310-f815f117ae43
  8. Why does my console keep saying “the person who bought this needs to sign in” even though...

in XboX Insiders
    Why does my console keep saying “the person who bought this needs to sign in” even though...: I’m at college trying to set up my Xbox in the dorm and it said my internet connection was fine, and I’m signed in, but when I try to start any game it just says that the person who bought it...
  9. Why does my xbox one console keep flickering and making some sort of knocking noise?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why does my xbox one console keep flickering and making some sort of knocking noise?: my xbox one keeps making this somewhat knocking noise coming from the console and whenever this knocking noise occurs the xbox turn on button will start flashing constantly this has somewhat...
  10. Why does my console shut off to a snow screen or go to dashboard on wz fortnight any game...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my console shut off to a snow screen or go to dashboard on wz fortnight any game...: Series s shuts down in cod wz either freezes on a snowy screen or sends me back to dash board 4ef8c9a0-d579-437a-a556-e4f873a2669d