Why does my brand new Series X console keep giving me the “Keep the console cool message”?

Discus and support Why does my brand new Series X console keep giving me the “Keep the console cool message”? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I was gifted an Xbox Series X for the holidays and it’s only been a week and I barely have time to play on it but when I do, I get the “Keep the... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by antii__sociial, Dec 31, 2023.

1. Why does my brand new Series X console keep giving me the “Keep the console cool message”?

I was gifted an Xbox Series X for the holidays and it’s only been a week and I barely have time to play on it but when I do, I get the “Keep the console cool” message whenever I’m playing a game. It does it for any game I’m playing that has online capabilities (Roblox, Fortnite, Ultra Rumble). I’m not sure if it does it for any other game type but this has been my experience so far. Very annoying.

I’ve moved the console around to different areas and I still get the same message. It’s not by any heat sources or any closed spaces like the message recommends. The console is slightly warm on the back whenever I do get the message, but I’m not an experienced gamer so I don’t know if this is normal. I’m not sure what to do.

We have another Series X in another part of my house and before I was gifted mine, that one never got the “Keep it cool” message.

I visited a thread from 2020 and another person had the same issue but I did not see a solution. Hoping anyone that sees this can be of some help.

:)

antii__sociial, Dec 31, 2023
  2. antii__sociial Win User

Why does my brand new Series X console keep giving me the “Keep the console cool message”?

Hello Marvina.

Thank you for the message.

Shortly after posting my reply, I noticed that my other media systems (Roku) were a bit hot. I decided to unplug everything and let it cool off since this is not the first time I experienced it with my Roku stick. I discovered that plugging my console into the third HDMI port kept the console at a safe temperature as opposed to the other two ports. So now this is an issue I need to take up with the TV company.

Thank you so much again. Have a wonderful day and happy new year!
  3. bthornsjr22 Win User

4. MarvinaPerez Win User

Hello Antii__sociial,my name is Marvina, I will be happy to help you.

I'm so sorry for what you're going through. There are several reasons why your Xbox Series X could be displaying the "Keep console cool" message.

Here are some things you can try to fix the problem:

Check the console ventilation.

Make sure the console has enough room to breathe.

Do not place it in a closed space or near a heat source.

Restart the console. Sometimes a simple restart can fix the problem.

Turn off the console and unplug the power cord for 30 seconds.

Then, reconnect the power cable and turn on the console.

Update the console.

If there are updates available for your console, install them.

Firmware updates may include bug fixes that may help resolve the issue.

In your case, you have said that you have tried placing the console in different areas and that it is not near heat sources.

You've also said that the back of the console gets slightly warm when you receive the message.

This suggests that the console may be receiving enough ventilation, but that there may be an issue with the heatsink or cooling system.

These are basic solutions to these problems, but they can lead to a solution, remember that this is a public forum where we are players like you who want to help, good luck and happy day.

Sincerely,
    Marvina.
  5. durrell bob Win User

xbox one x

why replaced

why not keep it.In my opinion you should keep it so people have more console to chose from.

also are xbox one x and xbox series x are the same?
  6. ZEepher86 Win User

Halo Infinite Crashing XBOX Series X?

I keep having the same issue on my brand new Xbox series s, although it’s nice to know that I don’t just have a faulty console.
Thema:

1. Why does my brand new Series X console keep giving me the “Keep the console cool message”? - Similar Threads - Why does brand

2. why does my account keeps sign out on its own when i try to log in

in XBoX on Windows
    why does my account keeps sign out on its own when i try to log in: Why does everytime i try to log onto my xbox account on xbox.com and i put my password it says hang on a moment while we sign in and it wont let me sign in please im desperate i talked to support...
  3. Why does my Xbox say I'm in game chat when I'm in party chat

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why does my Xbox say I'm in game chat when I'm in party chat: It all started today, I was gonna play L4D2 with my friends when I couldn't hear anyone, my pfp in the party was dark and I couldn't hear anybody. Can someone help please?...
  4. why does my xbox series show no wireless network and say that there is a problem with the...

in XBoX on Consoles
    why does my xbox series show no wireless network and say that there is a problem with the...: a moment I reset my xbox and when it said to connect to a wireless network nothing was displayed so I tried to connect it via an ethernet cable it worked but when updating the xbox so that it is...
  5. Why does my Xbox profile have to suck now?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my Xbox profile have to suck now?: My avatar hasn't displayed on my profile for months. Xbox changed the way they store items you had in your activity feed as a money grab to get PC users to buy into their Office products,...
  6. Why does the standalone Xbox program keep telling me I need Xbox Game Bar just for voice chat?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why does the standalone Xbox program keep telling me I need Xbox Game Bar just for voice chat?: In attempting to play with Xbox-owning friends, I thought Microsoft would have had a simple, streamlined program for voice chat between P.C. and Xbox users. It doesn't seem like that's the case....
  7. Why does my Xbox 3.5mm Xbox-brand headset stop working after a few days

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my Xbox 3.5mm Xbox-brand headset stop working after a few days: For some reason my Xbox mic sound will be hearable but only for myself. This happens when my mic/controller is idle for a while (I guess) but it makes no sense. No it’s not a setting, it’s not...
  8. Why does my brand new Xbox controller keep disconnecting ?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my brand new Xbox controller keep disconnecting ?: I have an Xbox One S. And a brand new controller and headset - not even 6 hours old yet. While I’m playing the game , I have static in my headset and others have trouble hearing me because of...
  9. Why does warzone keep crashing? My xbox is brand new

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why does warzone keep crashing? My xbox is brand new: Warzone keeps crashing. Why? 0896c32d-8d24-41ab-a3a4-b1f1077d6cff
  10. why does my brand new series x not download games at appropriate speeds?

in XBoX on Consoles
    why does my brand new series x not download games at appropriate speeds?: Xbox Series X says I have 300mbps plus download and 15 mbps upload yet downloads games at 7mbps or sometimes stops all together. This is without being in a game. What would cause this? It’s hard...