Why does my account have restrictions?

Discus and support Why does my account have restrictions? in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; Hello, For some reason my account has restrictions and I'm not sure why. I'm not in a family I am over 18 I own the account... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Subgaming, Jan 5, 2024.

1. Subgaming
    Subgaming Guest

Hello,

For some reason my account has restrictions and I'm not sure why.

I'm not in a family

I am over 18

I own the account

:)

Subgaming, Jan 5, 2024
  2. Hoskayra Win User

Hello Subgaming, my name is Oskayra, and I will be happy to help you.

Beforehand, it is important that you keep in mind that this is a public community forum, so we are players like you, we are not employees of Microsoft or Xbox, so we do not have access to any user account or check anything from the forum. All users help each other with common problems.

I am very sorry for the problem you are going through, with the intention of being able to help you I did an internal search on the Microsoft forum and found a publication by Gerardo C., an independent advisor, where he suggests the following steps to try to solve the problem:

Please try modifying your account privacy settings:

https://account.xbox.com/settings

It is recommended that you modify the following options:

* You can play with people who are not part of Xbox Live - Allow.

* You can create and join clubs - Allow.

* You can join multiplayer games - Allow.

* You can add friends - Allow.

If these options do not appear and you are sent to a different support website, then it means that the account is still detected as a minor.

In order to modify the settings in this case, an adult account must add the account to an Xbox family and add the child profile to it from the following link:

https://account.microsoft.com/family/

Once your account has been added to the family, from the profile of the account of legal age you must enter the first link that I mentioned and now it will allow you to modify the privacy settings of the profile.

Information Source (Credits): https://answers.microsoft.com/thread/0e2dfa83-23ec-492f-b9d8-f5bd81ad257b

Thank you for your patience, I hope everything can be resolved. I will be attentive to your response. Blessings.

Sincerely,
    Oskayra.
  3. Subgaming Win User

I've also tried doing this but still says there are restrictions on my account, also I've tried to add it to a family but I keep getting an error that I can't.
  4. Hoskayra Win User

Try the following options, see if we have luck:

As an organizer, sign in to your Microsoft account on your Xbox console.

1. Press the Xbox button  to open the guide, go to Profile & system > Settings > General > Online safety & family > Parental controls.

2. Select Manage Family Members, and then choose the profile whose settings you want to adjust.

3. Select Content access, and then change the filter to Unrestricted under Content and app access.

Open the Xbox Family Settings app on your mobile device, then go to Settings.

1. Choose the member whose settings you want to adjust.

2. Under Content Restrictions, select Apply age filters and select the current age filter.

3. In the Allow eligible content section change the age limit to 18+ (no restrictions) and select Save.

Information source (Credits): https://support.xbox.com/help/games...al-controls#:~:text=Consolas Xbox One y Xbox% 20Series%20X%7CS&text=Select%20Manage%20members%20from%20the%20content%20and%20the%20applications
  5. ChiTownHustlR18 Win User

Why is my account restricted

Sorry if I have confused you my problem is when I try to go online in a game under my own user name it says I am restricted so under the advise of an xbox support staff member I made another gamer name and the same thing happens under the gold live or
    the free account either one it doesn't matter they have been of no help and I am currently in contact with Microsoft at this very moment to help me
  6. ChiTownHustlR18 Win User

Why is my account restricted

I applied for a one month free gold membership and I am still having this problem even under another account I have talked to 4 different customer service representatives and not one can explain why my account is blocked and was told to ask about this in
    the xbox live forums. So now I'm being told to talk back to customer support again? Why is it that no one can figure this out. They have reviewed my account and can explain anything and all I get told is to go to forums and ask why I'm being restricted so
    here I am ......once again I would just like to have this resolved some how if it is at all possible .
Thema:

1. Why does my account have restrictions? - Similar Threads - Why does account

2. why does my account keeps sign out on its own when i try to log in

in XBoX on Windows
    why does my account keeps sign out on its own when i try to log in: Why does everytime i try to log onto my xbox account on xbox.com and i put my password it says hang on a moment while we sign in and it wont let me sign in please im desperate i talked to support...
  3. Why does roblox not allow the user to log back into the same account after Disconnecting by...

in XBoX on Windows
    Why does roblox not allow the user to log back into the same account after Disconnecting by...: I know the roblox 90- day cooldown is a thing but i Accidentally signed out. Of my account on roblox and then tried to log in the same account and i does not work (P.S if its Suppose to stop...
  4. How to unfreeze account and, why does Microsoft not send me an email?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How to unfreeze account and, why does Microsoft not send me an email?: When I try to login to my xbox account it asks for password which I forgot so i click send me a code via email. It never sends me a code. I copy and paste my email to verify it multiple times and...
  5. Why won’t it let me text in chat? It says the my Microsoft account does not allow that or...

in XBoX on Windows
    Why won’t it let me text in chat? It says the my Microsoft account does not allow that or...: So I got suspended recently and I finally am able to get back on and I realize I can’t type in chat because it says my Microsoft account doesn’t allow that. I have tried everything please help me....
  6. Why does Microsoft Flight sim keep locking out my microsoft account password?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why does Microsoft Flight sim keep locking out my microsoft account password?: If I leave the game inactive overnight, I wake up with an email saying 'We think that someone might have accessed the Microsoft account ****." And now my password needs to be reset. Well, I've...
  7. Why does your team not see the someone else is framing my account

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why does your team not see the someone else is framing my account: So I am here to say why is your team not finding proof the tickets on my Xbox account are false and not true sir Doug * Original title: Why does your team see the someone else is framing my...
  8. Why does my Xbox remove my home Xbox from my account?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why does my Xbox remove my home Xbox from my account?: Okay so I don't know why this keeps happening but why my home Xbox stops sharing after my game pass ends? I was game sharing with my girlfriend and we both have separate Xbox's and every time I...
  9. Why does it say my microsoft account doesnt exist but it still exist because my minecraft...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why does it say my microsoft account doesnt exist but it still exist because my minecraft...: Please, i really need help with this problem, im freaked out f9f73ff6-5331-413f-a7f6-ca29855b8389
  10. Why does Microsoft make it impossible to change ownership of an Xbox account?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why does Microsoft make it impossible to change ownership of an Xbox account?: My kids were too young to have their own accounts on the Xbox, now they are teenagers and have spent alot of money and earned a bunch of achievements, but Microsoft says I can't transfer the...