Why does MS ask for a backup account for gold membership.

Discus and support Why does MS ask for a backup account for gold membership. in XBoX Sales and Promo to solve the problem; Loaded gift card onto account but MS is asking for a backup. What a scam MS is stealing from kids 526fd373-7997-4b08-934b-9ea0cb72a2a9 Discussion in 'XBoX Sales and Promo' started by CarsonColdrey9, Sep 22, 2018.

1. Why does MS ask for a backup account for gold membership.

Loaded gift card onto account but MS is asking for a backup. What a scam MS is stealing from kids

:)

CarsonColdrey9, Sep 22, 2018
  2. candi
    candi Guest
    Guitar Hero World Tour: Play and Help

No she doesn't need her own profile or gold membership, she just signs in as a guest while logged into your account.

candi, Sep 22, 2018
  3. Cold membership

I just created a Xbox account and it never offered me gold membership. Does it automatically add gold membership account for month?

SnappingDust45, Sep 22, 2018
  4. Why does MS ask for a backup account for gold membership.

Hello, CarsonColdrey9!

It's more than likely because it's trying to default to an auto-renewing subscription.

If you are punching in a code and it asks you to put in alternate payment methods, it usually asks you before something like "sign up for autorenwal and get a month free".

Be sure to uncheck that box and you should be good.

Let me know how this info helps with the resolution of this issue.

Thanks!

XBF Esteban R, Sep 22, 2018
  5. Kraths
    Kraths Guest
    Microsoft ask for a secondary method of payment to insure that the subscription (Gamepass, EA Access, Gold memberships, etc) will continue once the gift is expended. As for accounts, I have yet to run into such issues.

Kraths, Nov 3, 2018
  6. Kraths Win User

Microsoft ask for a secondary method of payment to insure that the subscription (Gamepass, EA Access, Gold memberships, etc) will continue once the gift is expended. As for accounts, I have yet to run into such issues.
  7. XBF Esteban R Win User

Hello, CarsonColdrey9!

It's more than likely because it's trying to default to an auto-renewing subscription.

If you are punching in a code and it asks you to put in alternate payment methods, it usually asks you before something like "sign up for autorenwal and get a month free".

Be sure to uncheck that box and you should be good.

Let me know how this info helps with the resolution of this issue.

Thanks!
  8. Kollabz Win User

Free Live Weekend??

Then why does it have Gold??Is Gold Limited why you buy a gold membership??If its a Trail..then it should say ..Limited trial membership...
  9. HassanB Win User

FIFA 14 - Gamer Profile does not have correct permissions

Hello,

You need to have a Xbox LIVE Gold membership (paid) in order to for you to be able to play online with others. The account you're currently logged into does not have a gold membership which is why you're getting this message.
  10. BriceMcMillan Win User

Family Conversion Costs

Hey G2BILL,

Starting August 27, 2013, each activated account in your Gold Family Pack will convert to an individual Xbox Live Gold

membership. Each of your family’s new individual memberships will have the same amount of time remaining on them as

your Gold Family Pack does at the time of conversion. Plus, MS is adding a bonus of 3 months to each account!

The memberships should all have the same renewal date and will cost $60.00/year per membership.

Hope this helps
Thema:

1. Why does MS ask for a backup account for gold membership. - Similar Threads - Why does ask

2. why does my account keeps sign out on its own when i try to log in

in XBoX on Windows
    why does my account keeps sign out on its own when i try to log in: Why does everytime i try to log onto my xbox account on xbox.com and i put my password it says hang on a moment while we sign in and it wont let me sign in please im desperate i talked to support...
  3. Why does my Xbox say I'm in game chat when I'm in party chat

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why does my Xbox say I'm in game chat when I'm in party chat: It all started today, I was gonna play L4D2 with my friends when I couldn't hear anyone, my pfp in the party was dark and I couldn't hear anybody. Can someone help please?...
  4. why does my xbox series show no wireless network and say that there is a problem with the...

in XBoX on Consoles
    why does my xbox series show no wireless network and say that there is a problem with the...: a moment I reset my xbox and when it said to connect to a wireless network nothing was displayed so I tried to connect it via an ethernet cable it worked but when updating the xbox so that it is...
  5. 2nd time asking, Why does watching YouTube from my xbox one blow out my modem?

in XBoX on Consoles
    2nd time asking, Why does watching YouTube from my xbox one blow out my modem?: This is my 2nd time asking about this problem. for some reason, i wasn't notified that I had a response(notification checked) and it was locked. that makes no sense to lock. i should be able to...
  6. Why does it still want me to ask for permission?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why does it still want me to ask for permission?: Hello, I turned 18 over the summer, and was in a family group. I attempted to buy Minecraft but it wants me to ask for permission. I then searched for some way for the system to realize I was not...
  7. Why does the Xbox Insider Hub ask me to be 18+?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why does the Xbox Insider Hub ask me to be 18+?: Happy New Years, everyone! I wish you a great 2024. I was chilling out a few days ago when I found a Minecraft Bedrock Edition seed that is just crazy. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=31RwlN2-mhE...
  8. Why does it still want me to ask for permission?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why does it still want me to ask for permission?: Hello, I turned 18 over the summer, and was in a family group. I attempted to buy Minecraft but it wants me to ask for permission. I then searched for some way for the system to realize I was not...
  9. Why does xbox keep asking me to choose a game pass plan when I’m trying to play rainbow 6...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why does xbox keep asking me to choose a game pass plan when I’m trying to play rainbow 6...: I’ve recently been playing rainbow with no problems but today when trying to load into a match, xbox keeps asking me to choose a game pass plan. The thing is I don’t need a game pass to play...
  10. Why does my Microsoft account keep asking me to sign in? in website

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why does my Microsoft account keep asking me to sign in? in website: i try to sign in my account in this link (https://account.microsoft.com/account/Account) i wrote my username and password right and u send me an email that contain a code then i used that code for...