Why does Microsoft’s parental controls suck so bad? I have a theory that it is the poor...

Discus and support Why does Microsoft’s parental controls suck so bad? I have a theory that it is the poor... in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; I think the identity management systems are terrible. Maybe they could write and API to Google. 4df3d1a3-fd3b-48a8-9559-3bc2c7f0a3b2 Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Mike D1969, Sep 28, 2023.

1. Mike D1969
    Mike D1969 Guest

Why does Microsoft’s parental controls suck so bad? I have a theory that it is the poor...

I think the identity management systems are terrible. Maybe they could write and API to Google.

:)

Mike D1969, Sep 28, 2023
  2. Mike D1969 Win User

Why does Microsoft’s parental controls [mod removed] so bad? I have a theory that it is the poor identity management systems

So the answer is appreciated but the issue was not a user error the solution was I had to wait for the approval systems to catch up with parental controls. I got the request immediately both in email and the downloaded parental app on my phone. I approved it both places multiple times but kept getting the “dropped ice cream” error page. I think you should just set expectations better and say approval systems will take 24 hours.
  3. RichieB_ Win User

Why does Microsoft’s parental controls [mod removed] so bad? I have a theory that it is the poor identity management systems

Hello Mike D1969,

We haven't heard from you in 72 hours, so we will consider your issue resolved. If you do need further help, please create a new thread to discuss your concerns through this link: Create a new question or start a discussion (microsoft.com), as we will not be monitoring this thread going forward.

Thank you for understanding.

Regards,

Microsoft Community Moderator
  4. RichieB_ Win User

Hi Mike D1969,

Thank you for your response.

If are you still having the same issue. You may try to connect another network connection or try to use another device.

We look forward for your response.

Thank you,

5. RichieB_ Win User

Hi Mike D1969

Greetings!

Thank you for publishing in Microsoft Community.

We understand that you need help with Microsoft's parental control. We truly understand how complicated the parental controls can be however this for our beloved gamer to be protected and secured in the same time.

If you are having trouble with the parental controls, we do have a support article that you can check if incase you need guide to manage something on the parental control. Learn more: Manage Xbox online safety and privacy settings | Xbox Support

Thank you,

6. poetker93 Win User

Disappointed with 2011 / No More Release Date Buys

so basically he buys two games that are yearly releases doom to suck and then complains the whole year was bad? GREAT theory!
Thema:

1. Why does Microsoft’s parental controls suck so bad? I have a theory that it is the poor... - Similar Threads - Why does Microsoft’s

2. Why does microsoft support suck?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why does microsoft support suck?: They never truly have a grasp over the community and they aren't ever helpful. Multiple people i know who had Mojang/Minecraft Accounts who linked the accounts to microsoft accounts that some...
  3. Why are the controllers such a scam and does Microsoft plan on fixing them?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why are the controllers such a scam and does Microsoft plan on fixing them?: I have gone through so many Xbox controllers with stick drift it is ridiculous. I purchased the Xbox Series S just to have my controller conveniently get stick drift exactly 1 month after the...
  4. Why does Microsoft ban people for the most dumbest reasons?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why does Microsoft ban people for the most dumbest reasons?: I'm recently got a 2 day suspension ban on my account for posting on a LFG: " W 30 nuke cards 100c each, and OverDrive 70c each" with no appeal and customer support not being able to do anything...
  5. Why does my Microsoft LifeChat LX-3000, Black work on my personal desktop but not work on...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my Microsoft LifeChat LX-3000, Black work on my personal desktop but not work on...: I work remote. My team can hear me on Zoom or Skype on my personal desktop. But in Citrix and the cati or whatever that software is that we use to do surveys, one or both of these aren't working...
  6. Why does Microsoft false advertise the Xbox series s?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does Microsoft false advertise the Xbox series s?: Why was the series s advertised with 512GB when in reality 112 of the 512 is used for god knows what and you don’t get a choice in that. But when you turn on the console and go into storage that’s...
  7. How to unfreeze account and, why does Microsoft not send me an email?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How to unfreeze account and, why does Microsoft not send me an email?: When I try to login to my xbox account it asks for password which I forgot so i click send me a code via email. It never sends me a code. I copy and paste my email to verify it multiple times and...
  8. Why does the verification for Microsoft points continuously say I don’t have a mobile...

in XBoX on Windows
    Why does the verification for Microsoft points continuously say I don’t have a mobile...: I’ve been trying to redeem my Microsoft points for almost 6 months now with continuous problems. When I try to redeem the points and it goes through verification, it tells me there isn’t a number...
  9. Why Does it Say "Share" Instead of Install on my Microsoft and Xbox websites?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why Does it Say "Share" Instead of Install on my Microsoft and Xbox websites?: Just bought a 100$ Pro Controller and not only is it hard to find but when I finally found a so called app that accompanied this Controller there isn't even an option to install it. Look, I get...
  10. Why won’t it let me text in chat? It says the my Microsoft account does not allow that or...

in XBoX on Windows
    Why won’t it let me text in chat? It says the my Microsoft account does not allow that or...: So I got suspended recently and I finally am able to get back on and I realize I can’t type in chat because it says my Microsoft account doesn’t allow that. I have tried everything please help me....