Why does Microsoft make it hard to get a game refund for a game I never ordered?

Discus and support Why does Microsoft make it hard to get a game refund for a game I never ordered? in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; Over 20 years being a subscriber of xbox online qll of a sudden two games were charged to my account that I never even heard of plus being children... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by James Johnson1, Dec 27, 2022.

1. Why does Microsoft make it hard to get a game refund for a game I never ordered?

Over 20 years being a subscriber of xbox online qll of a sudden two games were charged to my account that I never even heard of plus being children games at that. I live alone and have never shared my account with anybody. But XBox insisted that someone in my house ordered them. Who the dog?? They didn't care as they were not crediting my account taking the online games back. I then took my credit card off of my account telling them they can't be trusted with it cancelled automatic renewal. These two game were more important to them then keeping me as a customer life long as if I was trying to scam them. Once the year ran out not renewing my subscription every single game that I ever downloaded for free was offered once every month were now no longer free as now I was blocked from playing them as well. Then games like fallout 76 that I paid for like the rest of the fall-out series was also blocked from me playing. It sure is nice to know that they could careless about a good customers spending over a $1000 with them so i haven't renewed it since. How ungrateful can one company get closing with be accused of telling a lie.

:)

James Johnson1, Dec 27, 2022
  2. James Johnson1 Win User

Why does Microsoft make it hard to get a game refund for a game I never ordered?

You missed the point as im 65 and the only one whose ever used my account not having anyone to even share with. I did keep tabs on my account that's whole reason I knew I was charged for games that I never heard of. Sorry my crystal ball was out of order as I can only know that Microsoft charged my credit card to know these games had appeared .So when I did report the fraud your saying,its my problem being refused a refund to my account. Microsoft said basically sucks to be yur you and where not taking them back. That $75.00 [n charges was more important to them then keeping a good customers. So I removed my card and cancelled auto reorder because Xbox is not responsible for holding my card. So your saying Microsoft can do no wrong so it's my fault naturally. Losing a longtime customer who spent over a $1000, in downloads why would we care about you as we are billionares and you to us you mean absolutely nothing. I love how you picked out the bad points focusing on what you could blame me proving you dont really don't care instead of addressing the issue.
  3. ngocphi Win User

Well because free games require gold you do know that right?

Only bc titles will work without gold

And yes your account is your responsibiliry at all times

You will have to ask whoever access your console ro see who made the purchase

You can however put a Passcode on your profile

Fallout 76 is an online only game

There are online only games even the upcoming hot release Diablo IV is online only
  4. Ben4724 Win User

WHY DOES MICROSOFT MAKE IT SO DAMN HARD TO GET A REFUND!!!

Hello! My name is Ben a fellow member here in the community, not a Microsoft employee. Hope you are doing well!

As a fellow gamer, I understand what you are going through. I just want to set expectation that we are just fellow members here like you we don't have tools to check any accounts or orders but let me guide you how to request a refund for that.

In case you cannot find the option to reques a refund for the item you purchased, first get your order number via https://account.microsoft.com/billing/orders page. Then go to https://support.xbox.com/en-US/forms/request-a-... and fill out the form to submit a request to the Xbox refunds team.

They will email you within 24-72 hours about the status of the request you will be submitting.

I hope the information helps somehow. Feel free to post back in the community if you have other questions and we will try our best to assist.

Kind regards,

Ben
  5. StuartATrueRed Win User

Cyberpunk 2077 does not appear in my game library

It does make sense. The Xbox/Microsoft Store does give refunds via
    xbox.com/refund
    . If your order was cancelled, then there would have been a reason behind it. Check on

https://account.microsoft.com/billing/orders/
    see if you have been refunded or not. If you have been refunded, then just preorder the game again if you wish.
  6. Smwutches Win User

I cant play my downloaded Grand Theft Auto San Andreas

All original Xbox games required an official MS hard drive in order to run because those hard drives have the emulation software required to run the game.

You can try calling support about a refund, but everything in the marketplace does state that there are no refunds so there is no guarantee you will get one.
Thema:

1. Why does Microsoft make it hard to get a game refund for a game I never ordered? - Similar Threads - Why does Microsoft

2. Why does microsoft support suck?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why does microsoft support suck?: They never truly have a grasp over the community and they aren't ever helpful. Multiple people i know who had Mojang/Minecraft Accounts who linked the accounts to microsoft accounts that some...
  3. Why are the controllers such a scam and does Microsoft plan on fixing them?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why are the controllers such a scam and does Microsoft plan on fixing them?: I have gone through so many Xbox controllers with stick drift it is ridiculous. I purchased the Xbox Series S just to have my controller conveniently get stick drift exactly 1 month after the...
  4. Why does Microsoft ban people for the most dumbest reasons?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why does Microsoft ban people for the most dumbest reasons?: I'm recently got a 2 day suspension ban on my account for posting on a LFG: " W 30 nuke cards 100c each, and OverDrive 70c each" with no appeal and customer support not being able to do anything...
  5. Why does my Microsoft LifeChat LX-3000, Black work on my personal desktop but not work on...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my Microsoft LifeChat LX-3000, Black work on my personal desktop but not work on...: I work remote. My team can hear me on Zoom or Skype on my personal desktop. But in Citrix and the cati or whatever that software is that we use to do surveys, one or both of these aren't working...
  6. Why does Microsoft false advertise the Xbox series s?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does Microsoft false advertise the Xbox series s?: Why was the series s advertised with 512GB when in reality 112 of the 512 is used for god knows what and you don’t get a choice in that. But when you turn on the console and go into storage that’s...
  7. How to unfreeze account and, why does Microsoft not send me an email?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How to unfreeze account and, why does Microsoft not send me an email?: When I try to login to my xbox account it asks for password which I forgot so i click send me a code via email. It never sends me a code. I copy and paste my email to verify it multiple times and...
  8. Why does the verification for Microsoft points continuously say I don’t have a mobile...

in XBoX on Windows
    Why does the verification for Microsoft points continuously say I don’t have a mobile...: I’ve been trying to redeem my Microsoft points for almost 6 months now with continuous problems. When I try to redeem the points and it goes through verification, it tells me there isn’t a number...
  9. Why Does it Say "Share" Instead of Install on my Microsoft and Xbox websites?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why Does it Say "Share" Instead of Install on my Microsoft and Xbox websites?: Just bought a 100$ Pro Controller and not only is it hard to find but when I finally found a so called app that accompanied this Controller there isn't even an option to install it. Look, I get...
  10. Why won’t it let me text in chat? It says the my Microsoft account does not allow that or...

in XBoX on Windows
    Why won’t it let me text in chat? It says the my Microsoft account does not allow that or...: So I got suspended recently and I finally am able to get back on and I realize I can’t type in chat because it says my Microsoft account doesn’t allow that. I have tried everything please help me....