Why does it take so long for game patches to be released on Xbox?

Discus and support Why does it take so long for game patches to be released on Xbox? in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Lies of P just released a patch that I'm looking forward to trying. This patch is released on both Steam and Playstation already with no issues, yet... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by h8allcmo, Sep 29, 2023.

1. h8allcmo
    h8allcmo Guest

Lies of P just released a patch that I'm looking forward to trying. This patch is released on both Steam and Playstation already with no issues, yet it's not showing up on Xbox at all. This is a game that was day-one released on Gamepass too.

It feels kinda bad to be constantly lagging behind Sony in terms of almost everything, so the least Microsoft could do is test and release patches in a timely fashion?

Xbox player for 20 years now but good lord it is a test of patience sometimes. Get better.

:)

h8allcmo, Sep 29, 2023
  2. SwordofWhedon Win User

There is no technological issues with patching games. They still need to pass certification just like everything else.

Where they prioritize their resources is up to them, again, you have to ask them what the problem is. We have no information, and it is not available to anyone but MS development and certification staff and the developer/publisher
  3. h8allcmo Win User

Idk, it has been the same for many different games by different developers.

Either the patching process for Xbox is tricky for them (bad system archtecture?), or Xbox are A LOT slower than their competitors at releasing the patches.

Either way, the xbox players suffer.
  4. SwordofWhedon Win User

You would have to ask the developer, as details from game certification submissions are not available to the general public

Typically a patch has failed certification if it's not up

I would suggest you ask them, and watch their social media for news.
  5. IceStorm III Win User

Microsoft withholding latest FIFA14 patch

[quote user="RryanM"]Why it it taking so long for the crucial game fixing patch to be released on xbox one?[/quote]Because Microsoft has standards.
  6. VIRUS612 Win User

WHY DOES DLC TAKE SO LONG TO RELEASE

The more you wait the better it is.
Thema:

1. Why does it take so long for game patches to be released on Xbox? - Similar Threads - Why does long

2. why does my account keeps sign out on its own when i try to log in

in XBoX on Windows
    why does my account keeps sign out on its own when i try to log in: Why does everytime i try to log onto my xbox account on xbox.com and i put my password it says hang on a moment while we sign in and it wont let me sign in please im desperate i talked to support...
  3. why does my xbox one s take too long to boot and all my games keep crashing

in XBoX on Consoles
    why does my xbox one s take too long to boot and all my games keep crashing: My grandparents bought me an xbox one s and its 2024, the console's time to boot up is over 3 minutes and when it does is brings me to a black screen. Iv'e tried all of the methods and non of...
  4. Why does it take so long to get a refund

in XBoX on Windows
    Why does it take so long to get a refund: i requested a refund at the beginning of january and still not got the money back. The refund status is request approved and my friend was even able to get theirs back a couple days after...
  5. Why does it so long to load up any game i have a issue with this

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why does it so long to load up any game i have a issue with this: Why does it take so long to load up any game i am having a issue with this 35815371-c7ca-470e-b24a-585a98e090b9
  6. Why does Xbox game pass cloud gaming have such long wait times? This is getting ridiculous...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why does Xbox game pass cloud gaming have such long wait times? This is getting ridiculous...: Tired of 15 to 20 minute wait times only a game on game pass. a98124cc-957e-4fc7-967e-0c1223cf79b5
  7. Why does cloud gaming take so long?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why does cloud gaming take so long?: I am currently getting a 240 minute wait time on fortnite, extremely inconvenient. ce8695b9-52ae-462b-9082-0e35c9b93882
  8. Why does it take so long on xbox cloud gaming

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why does it take so long on xbox cloud gaming: I don't recommend this website bcz when I load into the app It says I have to wait 345 minutes 8eb2fe5c-6408-4e32-85c4-c2c12ebc3ceb
  9. Why, after downloading updates does "finishing things up" take so long?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why, after downloading updates does "finishing things up" take so long?: Why, after downloading updates does "finishing things up" take so long? It pretty much negates having fast broadband. I just downloaded a 7.5gb update, it literally took longer "finishing things...
  10. Cloud gaming the question is why does it take so long to load up

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Cloud gaming the question is why does it take so long to load up: Cloud gaming why does it take so long to load up when Xbox announce so quickly Are you able to play games anywhere through cloud gaming on any particular kind of platform as long as it is...