why does it say I don’t own nba2k24 after I preordered it

Discus and support why does it say I don’t own nba2k24 after I preordered it in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; So the past couple days I’ve been looking at the time I have left on nba2k24 until it drops so I got off of work today and came home to see how much... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by RannnUL, Sep 7, 2023.

1. RannnUL
    RannnUL Guest

So the past couple days I’ve been looking at the time I have left on nba2k24 until it drops so I got off of work today and came home to see how much longer I got and pretty much it says I got to rebuy it after I’ve already pre ordered it

:)

RannnUL, Sep 7, 2023
  2. Fatima_J Win User

Hello!

We haven't heard from you in 72 hours, so we assume that your issue has already been resolved. We will not be monitoring this thread moving forward so, if you need further assistance, please create a new thread to discuss these concerns by clicking this link: Create a new question or start a discussion (microsoft.com)

Thank you for your understanding.

Respectfully,

Fatima J

Microsoft Moderator
  3. Fatima_J Win User

Hi RannnUL

Thank you for posting to the Microsoft community.

Thank you for reaching out to Microsoft support. I'm sorry to hear that you're having trouble accessing NBA 2K24 even though you've pre-ordered it. I'll be happy to assist you with this issue.

Firstly, I would suggest checking if the payment for the pre-order has been processed successfully. You can do this by checking your order history on the Microsoft Store website or on your Xbox console. If the payment has not been processed, it's possible that the pre-order was not completed successfully.

If the payment has been processed, I would recommend trying the following steps:

1. Restart your Xbox console and try accessing the game again. Sometimes, a simple restart can resolve issues like this.

2. Check if the game is still listed in your library. If it is, try uninstalling and reinstalling the game.

3. If the game is not listed in your library, try searching for it in the Microsoft Store and see if it shows up as "Owned". If it does, try installing it from there.

4. If none of the above steps work, I would recommend contacting Xbox support directly for further assistance. They will be able to look into your account and provide more specific troubleshooting steps.

Here's an article that might be helpful: Xbox subscription cancellations and refunds | Xbox Support

I hope this helps! Let me know if you have any further questions or concerns.

We look forward to your response.

Truly Yours,

Fatima

Microsoft Moderator
  4. Cortland Walker Win User

Why does it say I don’t own this game?

I uninstalled and reinstalled the game, for some reason my Xbox didn't update it since the server slam beta and that's why it thought I didn't own the game. The only trick is you can't try to install it through the store, you'll have to do it through your game library.
  5. Cortland Walker Win User

I'm having the same issue and can verify that my card has successfully been charged the $100. I even played the game during the open and closed betas. When I view the game in the store it says I own it, but when I try to play now all it says is insert the disk and an error code: 0x82d40005.
  6. Nathan Roberts (SN) Win User

Hey there, Troy Lee1

Welcome to the Microsoft Community.

Please can you try checking if the game is still listed in your purchase history?

You can do this by going to your Microsoft account's order history page here: Microsoft account | Order history.

If the game is still listed there, you can try uninstalling and reinstalling the game to see if that resolves the issue.

Hope this helps,

Nathan
Thema:

1. why does it say I don’t own nba2k24 after I preordered it - Similar Threads - why does don’t

2. why does my account keeps sign out on its own when i try to log in

in XBoX on Windows
    why does my account keeps sign out on its own when i try to log in: Why does everytime i try to log onto my xbox account on xbox.com and i put my password it says hang on a moment while we sign in and it wont let me sign in please im desperate i talked to support...
  3. Why does my Xbox say I'm in game chat when I'm in party chat

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why does my Xbox say I'm in game chat when I'm in party chat: It all started today, I was gonna play L4D2 with my friends when I couldn't hear anyone, my pfp in the party was dark and I couldn't hear anybody. Can someone help please?...
  4. why does my xbox series show no wireless network and say that there is a problem with the...

in XBoX on Consoles
    why does my xbox series show no wireless network and say that there is a problem with the...: a moment I reset my xbox and when it said to connect to a wireless network nothing was displayed so I tried to connect it via an ethernet cable it worked but when updating the xbox so that it is...
  5. Why does my Xbox profile have to suck now?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my Xbox profile have to suck now?: My avatar hasn't displayed on my profile for months. Xbox changed the way they store items you had in your activity feed as a money grab to get PC users to buy into their Office products,...
  6. Why does the standalone Xbox program keep telling me I need Xbox Game Bar just for voice chat?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why does the standalone Xbox program keep telling me I need Xbox Game Bar just for voice chat?: In attempting to play with Xbox-owning friends, I thought Microsoft would have had a simple, streamlined program for voice chat between P.C. and Xbox users. It doesn't seem like that's the case....
  7. why does my xbox gamepass subscription say its active even tho it expired a day ago and...

in XboX Insiders
    why does my xbox gamepass subscription say its active even tho it expired a day ago and...: i tried to redeem a code but it said i have to eait til my gamepass expires submitted by /u/Willing-Gas-9895 [link] [comments]
  8. Why does the verification for Microsoft points continuously say I don’t have a mobile...

in XBoX on Windows
    Why does the verification for Microsoft points continuously say I don’t have a mobile...: I’ve been trying to redeem my Microsoft points for almost 6 months now with continuous problems. When I try to redeem the points and it goes through verification, it tells me there isn’t a number...
  9. Why does my Xbox one overheat when I load up on games but apps don’t thermal throttle

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my Xbox one overheat when I load up on games but apps don’t thermal throttle: I had this Xbox one for almost 9 years I cleaned the console and the thermal paste a 6 months ago and it never did this every time I loaded up Fortnite or Any other game the fans go at full speed...
  10. Why does my Xbox series 2 don’t keep disconnecting in a game?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my Xbox series 2 don’t keep disconnecting in a game?: I recently bought a Xbox series 2 controller 2 weeks ago or so and have had no problems since this last week it keeps “disconnecting” but the light don’t turn off and I can use my Xbox menu and go...