Why does it say i dont own GTA if i have the disc inserted into my xbox one?

Discus and support Why does it say i dont own GTA if i have the disc inserted into my xbox one? in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Split from this thread. Hello, I've had this problem with GTA myself. Ended up buying 3 YES 3 new game disc and they still didn't work. Cant figure... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by GMS1stLDYCannon, Sep 18, 2023.

1. Why does it say i dont own GTA if i have the disc inserted into my xbox one?

Hello, I've had this problem with GTA myself. Ended up buying 3 YES 3 new game disc and they still didn't work. Cant figure out why though. I ended up just buying the downloadable version!!! It was only ever with my GTA though. It was something that it couldn't read the bar code on the middle of the disc...it was just a hassle!!

:)

GMS1stLDYCannon, Sep 18, 2023
  2. Tomm_A Win User

Hello Bryan Sellanes,

Greetings!

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

Based on the description, you are trying to play disc game in your Xbox console and is unable because the game does not launch. Let us check and see on what we can do to help resolve your concern in a timely manner.

We would like to ask few questions to help us isolate the issue further.

1. Are you signed in to your Xbox console with the same account that you used to buy the disc game?

2. Are you able to play the game on other versions of Xbox console? Which console did it work? Is it Xbox Series X|S?

3. Can you send us the screenshot of the edition of the game?

For the meantime, you can try signing out the account from Xbox One and sign in again. Make sure to sign in the right account that was used to purchased the disc game.

We look forward to your response. Kindly let us know, if there is any misunderstanding or clarifications of our description by sending us a reply.

Sincerely,

3. Tomm_A Win User

4. Tomm_A Win User

5. SigmaTheDJ Win User

Do you have other games on disc, and are they still working OK?

Do you have a friend with an Xbox who could try your GTA disc in their console?

If the disc is not being properly read, then it will cause the issue you're experiencing.
  6. Tomm_A Win User

Hello GMS1stLDYCannon,

Greetings!

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

Based on the description, you are having issue installing specific disc game in your Xbox Console which unable to complete the download process. Let us check and see on what we can do to help resolve your concern in a timely manner.

It is possible that the disc reader of your device is causing the problem why the disc game will not successfully download in your device. If we may ask have you tried installing different disc game other than GTA to make sure that it is not only happening to game specific so we can further conclude that it is the disc reader is causing the problem?

For your reference, see: Troubleshoot Xbox disc game installation | Xbox Support

We look forward to your response. Kindly let us know, if there is any misunderstanding or clarifications of our description by sending us a reply.

Sincerely,

Thema:

1. Why does it say i dont own GTA if i have the disc inserted into my xbox one? - Similar Threads - Why does dont

2. why does my account keeps sign out on its own when i try to log in

in XBoX on Windows
    why does my account keeps sign out on its own when i try to log in: Why does everytime i try to log onto my xbox account on xbox.com and i put my password it says hang on a moment while we sign in and it wont let me sign in please im desperate i talked to support...
  3. Why does my Xbox say I'm in game chat when I'm in party chat

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why does my Xbox say I'm in game chat when I'm in party chat: It all started today, I was gonna play L4D2 with my friends when I couldn't hear anyone, my pfp in the party was dark and I couldn't hear anybody. Can someone help please?...
  4. why does my xbox series show no wireless network and say that there is a problem with the...

in XBoX on Consoles
    why does my xbox series show no wireless network and say that there is a problem with the...: a moment I reset my xbox and when it said to connect to a wireless network nothing was displayed so I tried to connect it via an ethernet cable it worked but when updating the xbox so that it is...
  5. Why does my Xbox profile have to suck now?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my Xbox profile have to suck now?: My avatar hasn't displayed on my profile for months. Xbox changed the way they store items you had in your activity feed as a money grab to get PC users to buy into their Office products,...
  6. Why does the standalone Xbox program keep telling me I need Xbox Game Bar just for voice chat?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why does the standalone Xbox program keep telling me I need Xbox Game Bar just for voice chat?: In attempting to play with Xbox-owning friends, I thought Microsoft would have had a simple, streamlined program for voice chat between P.C. and Xbox users. It doesn't seem like that's the case....
  7. Why does it show to purchase mw 2019 pack when I buyed the disc i dont understand, i...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why does it show to purchase mw 2019 pack when I buyed the disc i dont understand, i...: Does this only works if I install the game with the disc Or just install it somehow then use the disc while playing the game? ec30415a-3462-4030-8512-f2aea3cf704c
  8. Why does it say i dont own GTA if i have the disc inserted into my xbox one?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why does it say i dont own GTA if i have the disc inserted into my xbox one?: I bought the disc for the Premium version of GTA but whenever i insert it into my xbox nothing pops up in games or apps, i go to the store when i have it inserted inside and it says i need to buy...
  9. why does just an account i dont want to play on just instantly put itself on and i can't...

in XBoX Accessibility
    why does just an account i dont want to play on just instantly put itself on and i can't...: it just doesnt let me sign in to the desired account i also could not find a guide or something to help me with this thing anywhere bd98c562-ad88-40d5-8763-9502068fbc7c
  10. why does medal of honor dont start? I've tried reinstaling the game but it doesnt work

in XBoX Games and Apps
    why does medal of honor dont start? I've tried reinstaling the game but it doesnt work: Just got the game pass downloaded the game and i can´t play it, help me pls 85d66443-8066-4a12-bc88-c24dd9fc77f9