Why does it say I cant stream to my pc because they need an update when they don't.

Discus and support Why does it say I cant stream to my pc because they need an update when they don't. in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; I try to stream my Xbox to my pc and it says test streaming and whenever I do that I check my updates on my console and pc but they don't need any... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by William Lacy, Jun 22, 2023.

1. William Lacy
    William Lacy Guest

Why does it say I cant stream to my pc because they need an update when they don't.

I try to stream my Xbox to my pc and it says test streaming and whenever I do that I check my updates on my console and pc but they don't need any updates

:)

William Lacy, Jun 22, 2023
  2. Janet_C Win User

Hello!

I'm an independent advisor and a member of the Xbox Community just like you.

I'm happy to help you today.

Log in to the "Xbox" app, in the upper left you will find the option to stream from your console to the app.

[​IMG]
  3. William Lacy Win User

Its still not working thanks for trying though
  4. Christian Quinto Win User

Hey William!

Nice to meet you! My name is Christian, an independent advisor. I'm here to help you out.

Try to perform a factory reset keep my games and apps:

NOTE: Don't worry this will not delete your saved data and progress or installed games on your account but this will remove your logged in accounts and account that is set as Xbox home on your console. You can re-sign in and set as Xbox home all the accounts if there's any after the factory reset keep my games and apps process.

If you’re ready to reset your console to the factory default settings, follow these steps:

Press the Xbox button  to open the guide.

Select Profile & system > Settings > System > Console info.

Select Reset console.

On the Reset your console? screen, you'll see three options:

Reset and keep my games & apps. Use this option as your primary choice when troubleshooting. It resets the OS and deletes all potentially corrupted data without deleting your games or apps.

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/hardware-ne....

I hope this helps.

Best Regards,

Christian.
  5. KellzUhm Win User

Twitch Game Chat Issues

Any update on when it may be fixed? This has been this way forever now. Just let us stream cross play the same as PlayStation does so we don’t have to spend another $800 on equipment. Do you know the specs needed on your PC to use a capture card to stream from Xbox to PC? Not to mention most of them require an independent microphone as well instead of just the headset. Your response is telling me I need to spend at least 250 or more on the equipment and because I have a Mac book I also need to drop about $699.00 and use that for streaming only. That’s crazy man and if Sony can do it and not to mention Windows is allowing it..then why not Xbox? Blows my mind. Forgot to add webcam cost as well.
  6. Dave Eckert Win User

Zune

Also, either way, that whole method is besides the point because klast time I checked, I didn't need a Zune pass to play music/videos on my PC, or even just to see that it's there if by some crazy coincodence it had to be streamed.
    Zune on XBox 360 does show the (music) videos I purchased via Zune on PC, and I have problemjust to stream/download it to my XBox 360. I don't understand why this isn't the case with
    purchased music, as I already paid for it and therefore shouldn't have to pay a needless monthly fee simply to stream
    my purchased content.
Thema:

1. Why does it say I cant stream to my pc because they need an update when they don't. - Similar Threads - Why does cant

2. why does my account keeps sign out on its own when i try to log in

in XBoX on Windows
    why does my account keeps sign out on its own when i try to log in: Why does everytime i try to log onto my xbox account on xbox.com and i put my password it says hang on a moment while we sign in and it wont let me sign in please im desperate i talked to support...
  3. Why does my Xbox say I'm in game chat when I'm in party chat

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why does my Xbox say I'm in game chat when I'm in party chat: It all started today, I was gonna play L4D2 with my friends when I couldn't hear anyone, my pfp in the party was dark and I couldn't hear anybody. Can someone help please?...
  4. why does my xbox series show no wireless network and say that there is a problem with the...

in XBoX on Consoles
    why does my xbox series show no wireless network and say that there is a problem with the...: a moment I reset my xbox and when it said to connect to a wireless network nothing was displayed so I tried to connect it via an ethernet cable it worked but when updating the xbox so that it is...
  5. Why does my Xbox profile have to suck now?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my Xbox profile have to suck now?: My avatar hasn't displayed on my profile for months. Xbox changed the way they store items you had in your activity feed as a money grab to get PC users to buy into their Office products,...
  6. Why does the standalone Xbox program keep telling me I need Xbox Game Bar just for voice chat?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why does the standalone Xbox program keep telling me I need Xbox Game Bar just for voice chat?: In attempting to play with Xbox-owning friends, I thought Microsoft would have had a simple, streamlined program for voice chat between P.C. and Xbox users. It doesn't seem like that's the case....
  7. why does my xbox gamepass subscription say its active even tho it expired a day ago and...

in XboX Insiders
    why does my xbox gamepass subscription say its active even tho it expired a day ago and...: i tried to redeem a code but it said i have to eait til my gamepass expires submitted by /u/Willing-Gas-9895 [link] [comments]
  8. why cant I queue into a game, and why does gamepass keep popping up and can someone fix this

in XBoX Accessibility
    why cant I queue into a game, and why does gamepass keep popping up and can someone fix this: I previously had the Xbox one s, but yesterday bought the Xbox series s as an upgrade to be able to play ncaa football coming out in July. My issue is that I can no longer play rainbow six siege...
  9. why does mw2 and warzone say it cant connect to a data center?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    why does mw2 and warzone say it cant connect to a data center?: i recently got an xbox series s and have downloaded mw2 + warzone. ive played the campaign in mw2 and evrrything was okay. i then bought xbox gamepass so i could play online, but everytime i try...
  10. Why cant I download the Movies and TV app it does not work

in XBoX on Windows
    Why cant I download the Movies and TV app it does not work: I have a xbox one first Gen, and the app says installing but nonething happens a3b895d8-4c05-4bc8-a87b-a1ea20983531