Why does it just go to a white screen when I try to log into my Xbox series X?

Discus and support Why does it just go to a white screen when I try to log into my Xbox series X? in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; I have to put my Microsoft password in every time and now it’s on a white screen only.I’ve tried the recommended soft reset and now it’s only a white... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by charlie wilkins, Oct 8, 2023.

1. Why does it just go to a white screen when I try to log into my Xbox series X?

I have to put my Microsoft password in every time and now it’s on a white screen only.I’ve tried the recommended soft reset and now it’s only a white screen and can only bring up the option to turn off ,restart and turn off controller.This is very annoying as its only a two week old console.

:)

charlie wilkins, Oct 8, 2023
  2. Nkosana23 Win User

Hi. My name is Brilliant and I am happy to assist you today.

I advise that you try to perform an offline system update.

The Xbox Offline System Update (OSU) process allows you to update your console by downloading a file to a USB flash drive and then installing that file directly onto your Xbox Series X|S or Xbox One console.

To use the Offline System Update, you'll need:
    A Windows-based PC with an Internet connection and a USB port.
    A USB flash drive with a minimum 6 GB of space formatted as NTFS.

You can find more details on how to perform an offline system update at: https://support.xbox.com/help/hardware-network/console/offline-system-update

I hope this helps resolve your query.
  3. Joel Vos1 Win User

cant sign in just get white screen

I have the same issue with my series x with a white screen at my account login. I've tried resetting my console (twice), but the issue remains. I will get logged in with the Xbox app for the initial login after resetting, but subsequent logins are back to a white screen. Is there any other way to fix this issue than a soft reset?
  4. ShawnP279 Win User

Xbox support site not working.

I’ve tried that link as well. Same issue, blank screen when you try to log in. My problem is with a Digital game purchased as part of an Xbox series x bundle. The game does not show up in my account. I have the order# of the purchase. I either need the issue resolved or the game refunded.

Thanks
  5. Gamer with Lyme Win User

Xbox series x (Box Only)

Many people try to scam others when it comes to new console releases. People are so desperate to buy the new console they don't look at what they are actually buying. For example I seen a PS5 go for $6700 on ebay the other day. That is crazy Also seen
    a listing for a xbox series console ( s or x was never stated in the listing) which was the original xbox. Another listing was for a Xbox Series X white edition with a 512gb drive. Obviously this was just the Series S someone was trying to sell as a Series
    X
  6. Volitar Prime Win User

My Xbox Series X is no longer selectable for Remote Play, it was two days ago. How do I get it back?

I changed my home console to my Series X as suggested (I normally have my older One X as "home" since my kids play it without me being logged into it, I am now down to only 1 out of 5 home transfers available). It did not help. It did not change anything. Only my One X is showing up in my console list for remote play. I have even done yet another system reset (keeping games and apps) after that.

Other things I have tried today (based on suggestions I've seen elsewhere for this issue), none of which have helped:

- Change to an alternative MAC address, reboot.

- Restore to original MAC address, reboot.

- Manually change system name, reboot.

- Change to a different network port, reboot.

- System reset and use my android tablet instead of my android phone during the setup.

I still think this issue is possibly something with my account on Microsoft's side but I am willing to try more suggestions in order to "trigger" the remote play/remote access option for my Series X again. Something is not triggering the remote play/remote access to my Series X on my account. If I go to xbox.com and search for a game that I own in the web version of the Xbox Store, I get the option to "Install to" but it only shows my old Xbox One X, my Series X is no longer listed their either (it was until two days ago). Also, some limited connection between the Windows Xbox app and my Series X does work. If I try to manually add my Series X through the Windows App, the Windows App tells me to turn on and log into my system. It can tell when I do this with my Series X and goes to the next pop up telling me to press enable on my system. If I had remote play disabled on my Series X, I do get the pop up screen on it telling me to enable remote play. I do this and run through the text (everything passes) but then the sequence stops here. The "press enable" pop up screen in the Windows app does not close on it's own. If I manually close it and restore the process it quickly and automatically progresses through the first two pop up screens (turn on/log in, and then the press enable one) and stops with a "something is wrong, try again later" screen. This shows that there is some amount of data passing between my Windows PC with the Xbox app and my Series X and is why I believe that this problem I am having is outside of my home and something on Microsoft's end with my account but I am willing to try more if there is something I missed and/or did out of sequence.
Thema:

1. Why does it just go to a white screen when I try to log into my Xbox series X? - Similar Threads - Why does white

2. Why does my Xbox say I'm in game chat when I'm in party chat

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why does my Xbox say I'm in game chat when I'm in party chat: It all started today, I was gonna play L4D2 with my friends when I couldn't hear anyone, my pfp in the party was dark and I couldn't hear anybody. Can someone help please?...
  3. why does my xbox series show no wireless network and say that there is a problem with the...

in XBoX on Consoles
    why does my xbox series show no wireless network and say that there is a problem with the...: a moment I reset my xbox and when it said to connect to a wireless network nothing was displayed so I tried to connect it via an ethernet cable it worked but when updating the xbox so that it is...
  4. Why does my Xbox profile have to suck now?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my Xbox profile have to suck now?: My avatar hasn't displayed on my profile for months. Xbox changed the way they store items you had in your activity feed as a money grab to get PC users to buy into their Office products,...
  5. Why does the standalone Xbox program keep telling me I need Xbox Game Bar just for voice chat?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why does the standalone Xbox program keep telling me I need Xbox Game Bar just for voice chat?: In attempting to play with Xbox-owning friends, I thought Microsoft would have had a simple, streamlined program for voice chat between P.C. and Xbox users. It doesn't seem like that's the case....
  6. why does my xbox gamepass subscription say its active even tho it expired a day ago and...

in XboX Insiders
    why does my xbox gamepass subscription say its active even tho it expired a day ago and...: i tried to redeem a code but it said i have to eait til my gamepass expires submitted by /u/Willing-Gas-9895 [link] [comments]
  7. Uhmm why does my downloads stop on GTA 5 at like 30 gigabytes

in XBoX on Windows
    Uhmm why does my downloads stop on GTA 5 at like 30 gigabytes: Every time I download gta 5 it says download has stopped d4fffb6b-187e-4fb2-a8c6-562ce7b7df53
  8. Why does my youtube app keep glitching when playing videos but not commercials?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my youtube app keep glitching when playing videos but not commercials?: My youtube keeps freezing but all my other apps and games are running just fine. I've cleared the saved date. There are no updates. And there are no updates needed for my Xbox....
  9. Why does my Xbox freeze after installing a game?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why does my Xbox freeze after installing a game?: I have an Xbox One S and I downloaded a game yesterday. It was queued up for installation before I turned off the Xbox. Now, when I try to start anything, an error pops up saying the app was...
  10. Why does the xbox web browser suck so god damn bad?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does the xbox web browser suck so god damn bad?: I literally cant watch a 20 minute video without it constantly crashing and having to refresh ***Move from Microsoft Edge / Audio and video playback / Windows 10 ***...