Why does fortnite say failed to login?

Discus and support Why does fortnite say failed to login? in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I have tried numerous things such as resetting my Xbox and clearing the MAC but any time i try to login to fortnite it wont let me in. It does this on... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Kelly Clark1, Nov 15, 2023.

1. Kelly Clark1
    Kelly Clark1 Guest

I have tried numerous things such as resetting my Xbox and clearing the MAC but any time i try to login to fortnite it wont let me in. It does this on my phone as well with Xbox live gaming. Getting another account isn't an option because I have a 1000$ skin on there.

:)

Kelly Clark1, Nov 15, 2023
  2. Darhyl Amizola Win User

Hi Kelly! My name is Darhyl and I’d be more than happy to help you with your query.

I'm sorry you are experiencing this with your Fortnite game. No worries, let me help you sort this out.

It's important to note that this is a public user-to-user community forum, and none of us here work for Microsoft.

I just want to confirm, by resetting your console, do you mean factory reset keep my games and apps?

Since you have already cleared your alternate Mac address as well as launched the game via phone yet the issue still persists, there could be a problem with your Epic Games account or your network service.

Kindly try to disable any VPN or proxy servers and use a different network service then launch the game Fortnite to see if it works.

If the issue still persists, I highly recommend you reach out to Epic Games Support for further assistance as they have the tools and resources to properly investigate this case:

https://www.epicgames.com/help/en-US/

Note/Disclaimer: This is a non-Microsoft website. The page appears to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the site that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised on the site before you decide to download and install it.

If you feel the need to reach out to Microsoft Xbox Support, you can contact them using the link below:

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/contact-us/

Thank you for your kindness and understanding! Please feel free to let me know if you need anything else.

Best Regards,
    Darhyl
  3. KBHGAMING2 Win User

Vbucks gift card help

I tried reedeming my card in the fortnite says you 25 digit code i try login to the epicgames.com it’s says the cradentials are failing i used both of my account my email and my xbox nintendo switch
  4. HomemadeBadge85 Win User

Fortnite login failed

Uhm, what?

Would be able to explain?
  5. Mauro Sarlat Win User

Fortnite login failed

Hi Ricardo *.

My name is Mauro and am glad to assist you. We are sorry for this incident.

Can you explain what happened?
  6. Yanyannnn Win User

Fortnite login failed

Hello Kris kris1,

Thank you for your contribution to the Microsoft community.

We totally understand that you want to log on to your Fortnite. Just a reminder, we are not able to double check the account or the devices that is connected to your account. No worries, we do have some effective troubleshooting steps here that could fix the issue.

According to a source, the “Login Failed” error message in Fortnite on Xbox can be caused by several factors, including outdated Xbox/Fortnite software, corrupted cache, network issues, or server maintenance. Here are some possible solutions you can try:

Check the Epic Games Server Status to see if all systems are operational. If some systems are not operational or Fortnite is under maintenance, you need to wait for a few hours before you can play.

1. Update your Xbox and Fortnite software. Go to your Xbox settings > System > Updates > Update. Go to the Xbox homepage and select “My games & apps”. Select “Manage” and select “Updates”. Select “Fortnite” and select “Update”.
    2. Clear your Xbox’s cache. Go to your Xbox settings. Select “Device & connections and select “Blu-ray”. Select “Persistent storage” and select “Clear persistent storage”.
    3. Reset your Xbox’s network settings. Go to your Xbox settings. Select “General” and select “Network settings”. Select “Advanced settings” and select “Alternate MAC address”. Select “Clear” and select “Restart”.
    4. Remove and re-add your Xbox account. Go to your Xbox settings. Select “Account” and select “Remove accounts”. Select the Xbox account that you’re currently using. Select “Remove” and select “Add new”. Log in to your Xbox account to re-add it.
    5. Uninstall and reinstall Fortnite. Go to the Xbox homepage and select “My games & apps”. Games > Fortnite > More options. Select “Uninstall all” and reinstall it from the Microsoft Store.

Hope I helped! Let me know if you have any other questions or concerns.

Microsoft Community Moderator
Thema:

1. Why does fortnite say failed to login? - Similar Threads - Why does fortnite

2. why does my account keeps sign out on its own when i try to log in

in XBoX on Windows
    why does my account keeps sign out on its own when i try to log in: Why does everytime i try to log onto my xbox account on xbox.com and i put my password it says hang on a moment while we sign in and it wont let me sign in please im desperate i talked to support...
  3. Why does my Xbox say I'm in game chat when I'm in party chat

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why does my Xbox say I'm in game chat when I'm in party chat: It all started today, I was gonna play L4D2 with my friends when I couldn't hear anyone, my pfp in the party was dark and I couldn't hear anybody. Can someone help please?...
  4. Why does fortnite keep updating every day

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why does fortnite keep updating every day: Every day I get on my Xbox and I check to see if I can play fortnite but I can't because it says it needs to update and then I update it and the next day it restarts updating....
  5. Why does my Xbox series x keep crashing on rainbow six siege and fortnite

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my Xbox series x keep crashing on rainbow six siege and fortnite: I can barley play a full game or r6s without it crashing or a match of Fortnite and i don't know why my Xbox is getting enough ventilation, I've changed power cables I've done everything the ai...
  6. Does anyone know why after fortnites recent update when I ready up, Fortnite freezes and...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Does anyone know why after fortnites recent update when I ready up, Fortnite freezes and...: After fortnites new season update when I load the game everything is fine and normal. When the game loads everything is normal however as soon as I ready up the game crashes. Is this an xbox issue...
  7. When playing on big games e.g. fortnite, mw3 why does it keep disconnecting me from my wifi?

in XBoX on Consoles
    When playing on big games e.g. fortnite, mw3 why does it keep disconnecting me from my wifi?: Everytime I go onto a big game like mw3 it says I'm not connected to the Internet, it has been fine all day downloading the game but as soon as I go onto the actual game it disconnects me. I've...
  8. Does anyone know why my Xbox one keeps kicking me from Fortnite I just got it and I’m...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Does anyone know why my Xbox one keeps kicking me from Fortnite I just got it and I’m...: Does anyone know why my Xbox one keeps kicking me from Fortnite I just got it and I’m thinking that it’s maybe because I bought it off Amazon 250341e5-267b-41e0-963e-61f06825462c
  9. Why does my Xbox one power brick randomly power off when I'm in games like Fortnite but not...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my Xbox one power brick randomly power off when I'm in games like Fortnite but not...: Sometimes the power supply randomly shuts off. Then I plug it out for 10 seconds it comes back on, no light flashes it's just the usual orange and white light I'm confused why this happens and why...
  10. Why does my Fortnite keep “installation stopped”?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why does my Fortnite keep “installation stopped”?: the new fortnite season came out and it needed an update, i tried to update it but it kept saying “installation stopped”. i tried clearing space on my xbox, uninstalled and reinstalled, these...