Why does forge keep crashing when I press play

Discus and support Why does forge keep crashing when I press play in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; My friend has an AMD Radeon(TX) RX Vega 10 Graphics Card and as soon as she presses play minecraft crashes and gives her exit code 1. She has 8GB of... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Makarios Politidis, Dec 4, 2023.

1. Why does forge keep crashing when I press play

My friend has an AMD Radeon(TX) RX Vega 10 Graphics Card and as soon as she presses play minecraft crashes and gives her exit code 1. She has 8GB of memory on her laptop. What should she do? When she plays minecraft without forge it runs just fine. She tried running one mod, reinstalling minecraft, reinstalling forge and java but nothing seems to work. Any help?
    Why does forge keep crashing when I press play [​IMG]

:)

Makarios Politidis, Dec 4, 2023
  2. Hoskayra Win User

Hello, Makarios my name is oskayra I am an independent advisor and player like you I hope I can help solve your problem today

The Exit Code 1 error in Minecraft typically indicates a problem with the Java Virtual Machine (JVM) or the graphics driver. Since your friend's Minecraft works fine without Forge, it's likely a compatibility issue between Forge and her graphics card or Java installation.

Here are some troubleshooting steps she can try to resolve the issue:

Update Java: Ensure that your friend is using the latest version of Java. Outdated Java versions can cause compatibility issues with mods or the game itself.

Update AMD Radeon Drivers: Check for and install the latest AMD Radeon drivers for her graphics card. Outdated drivers can lead to compatibility issues and performance problems.

Allocate More RAM to Minecraft: Minecraft can be quite demanding on RAM, especially when using mods. Try allocating more RAM to Minecraft through the Forge launcher or the JVM arguments.

Navigate to the "JVM Arguments" tab: This tab allows you to modify the Java Virtual Machine (JVM) settings.

Locate the "-Xmx" argument: This argument specifies the maximum RAM that Minecraft can use.

Increase the "-Xmx" value: Replace the current value with a higher number, such as "4G" for 4GB of RAM or "8G" for 8GB of RAM.

Save the changes: Click the "Apply" or "OK" button to save the modified JVM arguments.

Launch Minecraft: Click the "Play" button in the Forge Launcher to launch Minecraft with the increased RAM allocation.

Use Alternative JVM: Try using an alternative JVM like Oracle JVM or OpenJDK instead of the default Java Runtime Environment (JRE) provided with Forge.

Reduce Mod Load: Try removing or disabling some of the mods to see if the issue persists. Some mods may be conflicting or causing compatibility issues.

Check for Mod Compatibility: Ensure that the mods your friend is using are compatible with each other and with the latest version of Forge. Check mod compatibility lists or forums for any known issues.

Thank you very much for your patience and understanding! If you need anything else, do not hesitate to contact us again. Best Regards, Oskayra.
  3. Hoskayra Win User

hello again, Makarios well, it seems that your problem is already beyond my knowledge if you still continue to present failures with respect to the subject, what I can do is to leave your question free so that a more qualified expert than me can give you other solutions and thus be able to fix your problem, do you agree with this?
  4. Samuel Nemček Win User

Hello I have same problem: Hello I have a problem, every time when I launch Minecraft with Forge it always crashes with crash code 1. It won´t start. But also when I wanted to place mods to mods folder in %appdata% it was missing. My PC components: Windows 11, AMD Ryzen 5 7535HS with Radeon Graphics, Nvidia GeForce RTX 4050 laptot GPU. Can you find more qualified expert to help us? Thanks for every possible help.
  5. Makarios Politidis Win User

we tried everything you said even downloaded openjdk oracle and changed the java executable but it still crashed. we updated the driver and processor and it still crashes. we downloaded the same exact versions of the mods but still doesnt work
  6. Francia J. Win User

Why does World of Warships keep crashing when I play.

Thank you so much for the detailed information and I apologize for the trouble. Is this the only game that you're having an issue with?
Thema:

1. Why does forge keep crashing when I press play - Similar Threads - Why does forge

2. why does my account keeps sign out on its own when i try to log in

in XBoX on Windows
    why does my account keeps sign out on its own when i try to log in: Why does everytime i try to log onto my xbox account on xbox.com and i put my password it says hang on a moment while we sign in and it wont let me sign in please im desperate i talked to support...
  3. Why does my Xbox say I'm in game chat when I'm in party chat

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why does my Xbox say I'm in game chat when I'm in party chat: It all started today, I was gonna play L4D2 with my friends when I couldn't hear anyone, my pfp in the party was dark and I couldn't hear anybody. Can someone help please?...
  4. why does my xbox series show no wireless network and say that there is a problem with the...

in XBoX on Consoles
    why does my xbox series show no wireless network and say that there is a problem with the...: a moment I reset my xbox and when it said to connect to a wireless network nothing was displayed so I tried to connect it via an ethernet cable it worked but when updating the xbox so that it is...
  5. Why does my Xbox profile have to suck now?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my Xbox profile have to suck now?: My avatar hasn't displayed on my profile for months. Xbox changed the way they store items you had in your activity feed as a money grab to get PC users to buy into their Office products,...
  6. Why does the standalone Xbox program keep telling me I need Xbox Game Bar just for voice chat?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why does the standalone Xbox program keep telling me I need Xbox Game Bar just for voice chat?: In attempting to play with Xbox-owning friends, I thought Microsoft would have had a simple, streamlined program for voice chat between P.C. and Xbox users. It doesn't seem like that's the case....
  7. why does my xbox gamepass subscription say its active even tho it expired a day ago and...

in XboX Insiders
    why does my xbox gamepass subscription say its active even tho it expired a day ago and...: i tried to redeem a code but it said i have to eait til my gamepass expires submitted by /u/Willing-Gas-9895 [link] [comments]
  8. Uhmm why does my downloads stop on GTA 5 at like 30 gigabytes

in XBoX on Windows
    Uhmm why does my downloads stop on GTA 5 at like 30 gigabytes: Every time I download gta 5 it says download has stopped d4fffb6b-187e-4fb2-a8c6-562ce7b7df53
  9. Why does my youtube app keep glitching when playing videos but not commercials?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my youtube app keep glitching when playing videos but not commercials?: My youtube keeps freezing but all my other apps and games are running just fine. I've cleared the saved date. There are no updates. And there are no updates needed for my Xbox....
  10. Why does my Xbox freeze after installing a game?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why does my Xbox freeze after installing a game?: I have an Xbox One S and I downloaded a game yesterday. It was queued up for installation before I turned off the Xbox. Now, when I try to start anything, an error pops up saying the app was...