Why does discord keep telling me to relink my account.

Discus and support Why does discord keep telling me to relink my account. in XBoX Rewards & Social to solve the problem; For around 2 days I have not been able to use discord on Xbox, I check the server status and they are all running but I’m still have problems, please... Discussion in 'XBoX Rewards & Social' started by Amanzz, Dec 5, 2023.

1. Amanzz
    Amanzz Guest

For around 2 days I have not been able to use discord on Xbox, I check the server status and they are all running but I’m still have problems, please help.

:)

Amanzz, Dec 5, 2023
  2. Hoskayra Win User

Hi, Amanzz my name is Oskayra, and will be a pleasure help you

You may be currently experiencing discomfort with the discord and xbox services. i have to tell you that a few days ago they experienced a general failure that affected most of their users around the world (including me) so if none of my solutions helped you, you should keep waiting for the services to work excellently again, recently it has been announced that they have solved their problems but there may be certain users who have the problem for a few more days.

Discord Account: Verify that your Discord account is in good standing and doesn't have any restrictions or suspensions.
    Xbox Account: Ensure your Xbox account is active and not linked to another Discord account.

Connection Issues:

Internet Connection: Check your internet connection for stability and speed. Discord requires a stable internet connection to maintain the link with your Xbox account.
    Xbox Network Connection: Verify that your Xbox is connected to the internet and that your network settings are configured correctly.
    Discord App Issues:

App Version: Ensure you're using the latest version of the Discord app on your Xbox. Outdated versions can cause compatibility issues.
    App Data: Try resetting the Discord app data on your Xbox. This can sometimes resolve temporary glitches or software conflicts. Go to Settings > Apps > Discord > Advanced options > Reset.

Troubleshooting Steps:

Relink Accounts: Try relinking your Discord and Xbox accounts again. Sometimes, a simple re-authentication can fix the problem.
    Restart Devices: Restart your Xbox and your router/modem. This can often refresh the network connection and resolve temporary glitches.

Thank you very much for your patience and understanding! If you need anything else, do not hesitate to contact us again.
  3. KiloRamhardt Win User

Why am I running into a relink my discord loop while trying to join a voice chat?

Hello! I know this is.. several months in the future, but I'm having the identical problem to this. My Xbox is repeatedly telling me I need to "relink" my account. Discord thinks everything is perfectly fine, it's only having issues when I try to transfer it to Xbox. I've relinked my account through the prompt, manually disconnected and reconnected my discord through the Xbox, and I've even manually disconnected and reconnected my discord through the discord app. Any suggestions? - as this is very frustrating to deal with.
  4. Gerardo CG Win User

My Xbox keeps telling me to relink my Discord account

Hi there CursedKing, my name is Gerardo, and I'm an Xbox player, just like you. I'll be happy to assist you with any questions or concerns you may have.

It seems to be an ongoing issue with Discord that is affecting many players. You can confirm this in the following threads I'll attach, where you can see that other players are also experiencing the same problem:

https://answers.microsoft.com/thread/0a0df7da-1f94-4867-b2a8-174a068f652b

https://answers.microsoft.com/thread/098daf31-6c16-4ed6-8d3f-13d5fe87c462

https://answers.microsoft.com/thread/0326880f-998e-481d-b588-abeca0ed58f7

Since, as you can see, it appears to be a widespread emerging issue, I recommend that you help Xbox by reporting the problem through the following link:

https://support.xbox.com/xbox-live-status

Click the green button that says "Report" and fill in the information as detailed as possible.

This way, Xbox can be aware that there is an issue with Discord linking and can work on resolving the problem as soon as possible.

Please note that in this public forum, we are just players like you trying to guide and help other players. We are not Microsoft employees.

I appreciate your understanding and let's hope the issue gets resolved soon.

Kind regards,
    Gerardo.
  5. FracturedSoul23 Win User

I can't connect to my Discord Voice Chats cause it keeps saying i need t[o "Re-Link"

Thanks for the Response but that isn't linked to what i've said

I am trying to speak Through Discord via accessing Discord Servers and Xbox is Telling me to Re-Link my Account. I have Tried to do so and it hasn't worked. I have Unlinked and Relinked accounts to no Avail. I even created a New Account on Discord to try it out and it did not work

I even tried linking my Discord on another account on my Xbox and it's the Same Result
  6. Courtney Todd Win User

Discord keeps telling me to relink despite attempts to

Hi Jay D, my name is Courtney and I would be happy to help.

I'm sorry you're experiencing this issue, but don't worry, this issue may be a sequel to what happened to the Xbox servers a while ago, but that issue has already been resolved by Xbox, so I understand this issue, no. it no longer appears. In the Xbox Services states, how long have you been having this issue?

Based on the information obtained here from the community forum, I discovered that a user who had the same problem found the solution through an answer from Independent Advisor Ronnieee:

1. Enter the "Discord Connections" options and unlink the Xbox account.
    2. And also disavow it, it will send you a message if you are sure, say yes.
    3. Once this is done, link your account again but from the Xbox mobile application.
    4. Go to linked accounts and relink Discord from there.

Credits: https://answers.microsoft.com/thread/a738086a-08c1-4e37-bbc0-b6401f53ce5c

If this does not work, please contact Support directly so they can provide you with better help as many users are reporting this problem, but Xbox Services does not show that there is any problem with discord.

Support: https://support.xbox.com/contact-us/

Let me know if this was helpful to you; If it persists, it is best to contact support.

Best regards,
    Courtney.
Thema:

1. Why does discord keep telling me to relink my account. - Similar Threads - Why does discord

2. why does my account keeps sign out on its own when i try to log in

in XBoX on Windows
    why does my account keeps sign out on its own when i try to log in: Why does everytime i try to log onto my xbox account on xbox.com and i put my password it says hang on a moment while we sign in and it wont let me sign in please im desperate i talked to support...
  3. Why does my Xbox say I'm in game chat when I'm in party chat

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why does my Xbox say I'm in game chat when I'm in party chat: It all started today, I was gonna play L4D2 with my friends when I couldn't hear anyone, my pfp in the party was dark and I couldn't hear anybody. Can someone help please?...
  4. why does my xbox series show no wireless network and say that there is a problem with the...

in XBoX on Consoles
    why does my xbox series show no wireless network and say that there is a problem with the...: a moment I reset my xbox and when it said to connect to a wireless network nothing was displayed so I tried to connect it via an ethernet cable it worked but when updating the xbox so that it is...
  5. Why does my Xbox profile have to suck now?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my Xbox profile have to suck now?: My avatar hasn't displayed on my profile for months. Xbox changed the way they store items you had in your activity feed as a money grab to get PC users to buy into their Office products,...
  6. Why does my Xbox Discord stream not pick up my background music?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why does my Xbox Discord stream not pick up my background music?: I usually play games with Spotify or Soundcloud music playing in the background. Lately, I've decided to try streaming, first testing in my own server to see if it works. I realized if I listen...
  7. Why does it keep showing that my discord account needs to be relinked with my xbox even...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why does it keep showing that my discord account needs to be relinked with my xbox even...: It’s just making me do the same thing over and over with no outcome leading towards me using discord on my xbox again. 8aa145d5-0cd1-45c1-80bb-4c7314a33051
  8. Why does my Xbox tell me that my discord is linked but also it's not linked?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why does my Xbox tell me that my discord is linked but also it's not linked?: Why does it keep telling me to re-link? fd5b4c26-3d9e-4895-b44c-6439a3c79b83
  9. Why does my xbox keep saying reconnect/ relink my discord account, but doesn’t work?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why does my xbox keep saying reconnect/ relink my discord account, but doesn’t work?: I am here to discuss, and ser if anyone has this problem. I have been trying to relink my discord account for the past 3 days and it is not working. I have restarted my xbox a total of 50 times,...
  10. Xbox, why does this Discord/Xbox feature not exist?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Xbox, why does this Discord/Xbox feature not exist?: My question is: Why can I not stream my Xbox Series S gameplay directly to Discord while on a Discord Voice Channel connected to the Xbox? I've tried screen sharing my phone when playing remotely...