Why does all three of my USB ports keep turning off and on again when the xbox is on?

Discus and support Why does all three of my USB ports keep turning off and on again when the xbox is on? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; It's as if all three USB ports just cut out. Which is a major inconvenience if I'm playing a game on an external hardrive or using a wired controller.... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Lu Sōhei, Mar 2, 2024.

1. Lu Sōhei
    Lu Sōhei Guest

Why does all three of my USB ports keep turning off and on again when the xbox is on?

It's as if all three USB ports just cut out. Which is a major inconvenience if I'm playing a game on an external hardrive or using a wired controller. All of this whilst my xbox is turned on btw. My series S is brand new and see no reason why it should be doing this

:)

Lu Sōhei, Mar 2, 2024
  2. SwordofWhedon Win User

most likely you have too many device is plugged into the USB bus and it doesn't have enough power to support them all

The first thing to try would be to get a powered USB hub with something that you plug into the wall
  3. Tezzarrific Win User

Gaming Headset with Computer Monitor

xbox does not support usb headsets to my knowledge so you would not be able to use 3.5mm to usb adapter.

why is your controller turning off after 15 minutes, if its the battery or battery pack you may need a new one, or plug your controller into a charger or usb port to keep constant power on.
  4. maxen Win User

USB hard drive support

All three are USB 3.0:

support.xbox.com/.../usb-port-use

Then again, that page needs to be updated as the first note is now no longer true.

I'm not sure, however, why you would have issues only with the USB ports on the rear.
  5. ShadE CF Win User

Unable to log in due to profile security update.

I can sign in again. Turned on the xbox, I skipped the sign in. I moved my profile to an USB stick. Then I cleared the system-cache three times in a row. Turned off the xbox. Removed all accesories from it (usb stick, memory card, usb-recharger cable, etc...)
    Then turned it on again, and tried to download my profile. It was finally able to. Me happy again.
  6. vino0723 Win User

How do I fix my Xbox one

why does my xbox one keep turning off
Thema:

1. Why does all three of my USB ports keep turning off and on again when the xbox is on? - Similar Threads - Why does three

2. why does my account keeps sign out on its own when i try to log in

in XBoX on Windows
    why does my account keeps sign out on its own when i try to log in: Why does everytime i try to log onto my xbox account on xbox.com and i put my password it says hang on a moment while we sign in and it wont let me sign in please im desperate i talked to support...
  3. Why does my Xbox say I'm in game chat when I'm in party chat

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why does my Xbox say I'm in game chat when I'm in party chat: It all started today, I was gonna play L4D2 with my friends when I couldn't hear anyone, my pfp in the party was dark and I couldn't hear anybody. Can someone help please?...
  4. why does my xbox series show no wireless network and say that there is a problem with the...

in XBoX on Consoles
    why does my xbox series show no wireless network and say that there is a problem with the...: a moment I reset my xbox and when it said to connect to a wireless network nothing was displayed so I tried to connect it via an ethernet cable it worked but when updating the xbox so that it is...
  5. Why does my Xbox profile have to suck now?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my Xbox profile have to suck now?: My avatar hasn't displayed on my profile for months. Xbox changed the way they store items you had in your activity feed as a money grab to get PC users to buy into their Office products,...
  6. Why does the standalone Xbox program keep telling me I need Xbox Game Bar just for voice chat?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why does the standalone Xbox program keep telling me I need Xbox Game Bar just for voice chat?: In attempting to play with Xbox-owning friends, I thought Microsoft would have had a simple, streamlined program for voice chat between P.C. and Xbox users. It doesn't seem like that's the case....
  7. why does my xbox gamepass subscription say its active even tho it expired a day ago and...

in XboX Insiders
    why does my xbox gamepass subscription say its active even tho it expired a day ago and...: i tried to redeem a code but it said i have to eait til my gamepass expires submitted by /u/Willing-Gas-9895 [link] [comments]
  8. Uhmm why does my downloads stop on GTA 5 at like 30 gigabytes

in XBoX on Windows
    Uhmm why does my downloads stop on GTA 5 at like 30 gigabytes: Every time I download gta 5 it says download has stopped d4fffb6b-187e-4fb2-a8c6-562ce7b7df53
  9. Why does my youtube app keep glitching when playing videos but not commercials?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my youtube app keep glitching when playing videos but not commercials?: My youtube keeps freezing but all my other apps and games are running just fine. I've cleared the saved date. There are no updates. And there are no updates needed for my Xbox....
  10. Why does black ops three automatically set my nat type to strict?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does black ops three automatically set my nat type to strict?: I am trying to play some black ops three zombies with my friends but I cannot join them because bo3 says my nat type is strict. But when I go to my Xbox's network settings it says open and all...