Why does a 4 year old need an email account to play minecraft?

Discus and support Why does a 4 year old need an email account to play minecraft? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Seriously, I just want my kids to be able to play minecraft and not have to change the control settings every time. They don't need email and seventeen... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Serpwidgets, Dec 27, 2014.

1. Serpwidgets
    Serpwidgets Guest

Seriously, I just want my kids to be able to play minecraft and not have to change the control settings every time. They don't need email and seventeen passwords. And what's with all the stupid passwords, like OHNOEZ SOMEONE IS GOING TO STEAL THEIR PANDA
    AVATAR! Maybe if you didn't require a buttload of information JUST TO PLAY A GAME then there wouldn't be any need for your stupid security measures.

:)

Serpwidgets, Dec 27, 2014
  2. PSUHammer
    PSUHammer Guest
    Why do child family accounts require email and passwords? RIDICULOUS!

Dear Microsoft,

As a dad who works in IT, I understand security and the need for account verification. But, the way family profile accounts are handled is asinine. I created accounts for my 7 year old and 4 year old. Why do they need MS email accounts and passwords?
    Why do these need entered randomly? This is totally unnecessary and infuriating when trying to get your kids logged in to play fruit ninja and not having the email account password. THEY DON"T USE EMAIL!!!

Simple solution. Allow people to add family profiles linked to the parent account that don't have purchase or settings power. Something for young kids so we don't have to, not only manage our email accounts, but accounts for children who don't use email.

PLEASE RETHINK FAMILY PROFILES!!!

PSUHammer, Dec 27, 2014
  3. JeffMohler
    JeffMohler Guest
    Creating a child account

I am so frustrated with this b.s. with creating a child account. Why does my 7 year old need a freakin email? This is rediculous. I may not have even bought this system if I had known all the hoops we have to jump through just to add another player to play
    the game, I mean can people just pick up a controller and play a game anymore?

JeffMohler, Dec 27, 2014
  4. Player002304943 Win User

Xbox One X console: Minecraft from disc will not allow guest account to play

Thanks. However the visitors are kids (for the moment 8 year olds), so this would need to be an age restricted account.

Would I need to create this as a family account, and then pay for it as I needed to do for my child's account?

Also, I would like to understand why all other games are accepting the Xbox One X functinality of temporary visitor accounts, but Minecraft does not. Is there a bug in Minecraft Xbox One disc version?
  5. RepaidYeti18970 Win User

Ghosts is now unplayable

so why does cod 4 play so perfect online and thats coming up to 10 years old or is it down to lag comp
  6. Crakkaz-45D050D0-937 Win User

Changing my dad's email

It is evident that a lot of people are having this problem at the moment, myself included. However most of the parental account's are years old, hence why the password is forgotten. - Trying to fill out a recovery form for an email that is some 3 or 4 years
    old is actually quite difficult... I even had card information on the form, but that wasn't enough for it to be accepted.

Just a question - how does MS gain access to email information that is not a hotmail/live account. The parental email tied to my account is a service providers, so in the recovery we were 'trying' to enter recent emails and folders from that email. - Does
    MS have access to this?

Also, good luck to what seems like half the board with this problem, it seems like many will be going without Xbox Live for some time...
  7. RippenHarra Win User

Raise your voice.

@merlin just a question, I have a 7 year old and a 4 year old but I have no need for them to have gold accounts. Why do you wish your young ones to have one?
  8. Merlin4421 Win User

Raise your voice.

[quote user="RippenHarra"]

@merlin just a question, I have a 7 year old and a 4 year old but I have no need for them to have gold accounts. Why do you wish your young ones to have one?

[/quote]

My 4 year does not need a gold. My 9 and 12 year old on the otherhand do. With the family plan I had complete control of their accounts. They could not add a friend without my permission. They also could talk to no one that isn't on their friends list.
    Their friends list consists of real life friends from school of their age. From what I understand that parental control aspect will stay..thank goodness.
Thema:

1. Why does a 4 year old need an email account to play minecraft? - Similar Threads - Why does old

2. why does my account keeps sign out on its own when i try to log in

in XBoX on Windows
    why does my account keeps sign out on its own when i try to log in: Why does everytime i try to log onto my xbox account on xbox.com and i put my password it says hang on a moment while we sign in and it wont let me sign in please im desperate i talked to support...
  3. Why does my Xbox say I'm in game chat when I'm in party chat

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why does my Xbox say I'm in game chat when I'm in party chat: It all started today, I was gonna play L4D2 with my friends when I couldn't hear anyone, my pfp in the party was dark and I couldn't hear anybody. Can someone help please?...
  4. why does my xbox series show no wireless network and say that there is a problem with the...

in XBoX on Consoles
    why does my xbox series show no wireless network and say that there is a problem with the...: a moment I reset my xbox and when it said to connect to a wireless network nothing was displayed so I tried to connect it via an ethernet cable it worked but when updating the xbox so that it is...
  5. Why does my Xbox profile have to suck now?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my Xbox profile have to suck now?: My avatar hasn't displayed on my profile for months. Xbox changed the way they store items you had in your activity feed as a money grab to get PC users to buy into their Office products,...
  6. Why does the standalone Xbox program keep telling me I need Xbox Game Bar just for voice chat?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why does the standalone Xbox program keep telling me I need Xbox Game Bar just for voice chat?: In attempting to play with Xbox-owning friends, I thought Microsoft would have had a simple, streamlined program for voice chat between P.C. and Xbox users. It doesn't seem like that's the case....
  7. why does my xbox gamepass subscription say its active even tho it expired a day ago and...

in XboX Insiders
    why does my xbox gamepass subscription say its active even tho it expired a day ago and...: i tried to redeem a code but it said i have to eait til my gamepass expires submitted by /u/Willing-Gas-9895 [link] [comments]
  8. Why does my old gamertag still show above new one after purchasing a new name?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why does my old gamertag still show above new one after purchasing a new name?: Recently purchased a new gamertag, but it still shows my old name above new name. Anyone know why? [img] 39aea6a9-41ab-4d54-b546-3e09446c7d8d
  9. Why does my old gamertag keep switching back and forth with my new one?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why does my old gamertag keep switching back and forth with my new one?: I recently changed my gamertag and for some reason it changes back to my old one after like 20-30 min. When I restart my console and sign on again it still shows my old one but almost right after...
  10. Why does it still show my old username when I changed it

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why does it still show my old username when I changed it: I changed my name a week and a bit a go I thought it would show my new one how do I fix this problem I payed for it. 2449449b-c79a-453d-93ae-3dbd9750f39c