Why do you need a live subscription to play mmo games on Xbox but not on pc?

Discus and support Why do you need a live subscription to play mmo games on Xbox but not on pc? in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; So I had to temporarily suspend my MS Live account due to budgetary issues. I went to log into my ESO game today and it's says I need a Live account to... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by Ven Dragonborn, Jun 22, 2023.

1. Why do you need a live subscription to play mmo games on Xbox but not on pc?

So I had to temporarily suspend my MS Live account due to budgetary issues. I went to log into my ESO game today and it's says I need a Live account to play it, yet I don't need it to play a game on PC. I paid for the game on Xbox, so its nit one that is through the free play through membership to Live.

Why the difference between platforms?

:)

Ven Dragonborn, Jun 22, 2023
  2. Tezzarrific Win User

because they cannot charge on pc as people like myself will just buy games elsewhere, pc is an open platform with competition and is not locked down. hence why pc is better overall and in the long run is cheaper than a console (if you purchase or build a mid range pc that is more powerful than console).

over a 7 year period a total cost of pc with games will work out cheaper than a console over the same period with games and subscription.

overall pc games are 10 - 15% cheaper than on console and drop very quickly.
  3. SwordofWhedon Win User

Because game consuls are sold at a loss and one of the ways that is through subscriptions. PC game distributors have absolutely no money in your hardware, system manufacturers start as much as several hundred dollars in red
  4. ngocphi Win User

Different networks

Pc has .multiple gateways to use epic steam xbox games for Windows etc

IOS Android various cloud services

You can play free to play games for free but not paid

This is regardless of platform with the exception of pc

Free multiplayer always end badly ask sony and nintendo

4billion a year loss because hardware doesnt pay for online maintenance as sony learned painfully in 2011 with the 120m dollar payout to psn users

Your subscription helps pay the subsidy you get for your hardware

You didn't think 1500 dollar components would really cost 500 bucks did you

With pc you pay for your hardware and software and the overhead cost of your pc

Total cost of ownership is different for pc and consoles

You pay it over time with consoles vs one huge payment upfront and freely pick whichever service or.storefront you want

If you want.a subsidy console.without online service fees look at steam.deck you pay steam .directly with your games but if you Google it you.can. Use the other functions.of.it like epic or battlenet I run dino crisis and lunar silver story off of it to save my expensive collectors disk
  5. HomegrownSilky Win User

I made A Microsoft account to play Minecraft but when I went to join a realm it said I wasn't allowed to play multiplayer how do I fix this?

To play online with Minecraft on an Xbox console, you need a subscription to Xbox Live. Do you currently have an Xbox Gold or Game Pass Ultimate subscription? Or are you trying to play via PC?
  6. NameLipsKarem Win User

The elder scrolls online release date announced

PC MMOs come in 2 main flavors: Monthly subscription or f2p-with-microtransactions.

Many MMOs have both -- you can f2p, or you can subscribe and get most of the content included.

I think this is a tough sell for console players who are already paying a monthly fee (xbox gold) to access online multiplayer. Why pay an extra fee just for one game?

It's traditional for PC MMOs to have a 30-day free trial. They should do that, it might draw people in.
Thema:

1. Why do you need a live subscription to play mmo games on Xbox but not on pc? - Similar Threads - Why need live

2. Why does the standalone Xbox program keep telling me I need Xbox Game Bar just for voice chat?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why does the standalone Xbox program keep telling me I need Xbox Game Bar just for voice chat?: In attempting to play with Xbox-owning friends, I thought Microsoft would have had a simple, streamlined program for voice chat between P.C. and Xbox users. It doesn't seem like that's the case....
  3. Why is my Xbox Series X game called HAUNTED HOUSE saying to play Haunted House you'll need...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is my Xbox Series X game called HAUNTED HOUSE saying to play Haunted House you'll need...: Why is my Xbox Series X game called HAUNTED HOUSE saying to play Haunted House you'll need to transfer it to a storage expansion card or the consoles internal storage ....
  4. Why is GTA V now saying I need a disc to play?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why is GTA V now saying I need a disc to play?: I bought GTA V with the game pass and it was the electronic version where it downloaded onto my Xbox 1 without needing the hard copy disc and it worked perfectly fine but now it’s giving me an...
  5. why the **** do i need to delete my god damn microsoft account just to get rid of a xbox...

in XBoX Accessibility
    why the **** do i need to delete my god damn microsoft account just to get rid of a xbox...: the ''masterminds'' at microsoft decided to make the ''delete xbox account'' feature into a ''delete microsoft account and everything else that it is connected to'' feature and i want it gone as...
  6. Why is my game saying "sign in needed" even though I am already signed into the xbox app?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why is my game saying "sign in needed" even though I am already signed into the xbox app?: I am already signed into the xbox app and when i launch forza horizon 4 on my pc, it says "sign in needed". I have already tried redownloading the game and the xbox app as well as signing in and...
  7. Why do I need online to install many xbox one games like:

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why do I need online to install many xbox one games like:: Why do I need to install games via online like- Mass Effect Legendary Edition Planet Coaster Walking Dead Destinies Jurassic world Evolution 2 c6839a48-e4f5-42bf-8ab0-ad59478ae1af
  8. Why can’t I play a game I own, it says I need to renew game pass but I have the game

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why can’t I play a game I own, it says I need to renew game pass but I have the game: I played r6 through game pass, I decided to buy the game then I went to go on it after playing and it said I need to get game pass, I have tried uninstalling r6 rendering my Xbox and nothing is...
  9. Why does domino master say I need to sign in to Xbox live. How do you do that??

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why does domino master say I need to sign in to Xbox live. How do you do that??: Every time I try to play domino master it tells me that I must be signed in to Xbox live to play a multiplayer game 473fcb30-a8ff-425d-89bc-554e1797fd05
  10. Why cant I install my Fable 3 for PC anymore and why do I need windows (or xbox) live for...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why cant I install my Fable 3 for PC anymore and why do I need windows (or xbox) live for...: I have owned Fable 1 and 3 for the PC for years. I have purchased all of the DLCs and played them several times. Now that miscrosoft killed windows live.... I can no longer play Fable 3. I try to...